Amigas Fuerte - Strong Girlfriends

Options

Replies

• macobb21
    macobb21 Posts: 119
    Options
    I did no more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism. 519 cals burned according to mfp. I just got the banish fat boost metabolism and it kicked my butt.
  • passionhi
    passionhi Posts: 118
    Options
    Good Morning Amigas!!!!

I had a good weekend, besides going over my calories every day!! Ughhh!!!! I hope to be able to conquer the weekend temptations soon.

Sanifrey- Yes, you will be SUCCESSFUL!! Keep that great attitude. And you are so right about the 30 day shred. I got up to the 6th day and had to take a rest day from it. My muscles are sore, but not in a bad way though. I usually do 10-20 minutes or cardio max after wards, so maybe that it what did me in. LOL

Megan- WELCOME!!! I also did BFBM dvd yesterady morning, I didn't complete the whole vid though, I was too worn out from the 30 day(maybe thats why I couldn't do 30 day at all yesterday) Any who, that BFBM is killer as well.

Nicole- I wanna be like you when I grow up. you kick butt girl!

Spicy- I hope everything is well with you. :flowerforyou:

Make it a great day ladies !!!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hola Amigas!!

I had a great workout today!! I did 60m on the treadmill & followed it up with Jillian's Cardio Kick Boxing for a total burn of 531! I feel so good now!! Bring it on world!! Bring it on!! LOL!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So easy to say now, when it's not 8 PM & I'm watching the Biggest Loser wanting a great big bowl of cereal!! :love: MMMMmmm cereal!!! :heart: :heart: Maybe I'll save me some calories & make a bowl tonight around 7:45! :wink:

I hope that all you lovely ladies are doing okay!

Keep up the good work!!

:heart: Sandy
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hola Ladies!!!!

Well life has been busy for me to say the least. Last wednesday my parents came into town. I did my workouts for Chalean and was doing GREAT. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were really busy days for me as Kayla was in her ice show! She did great BTW! I will post a picture of her as soon as Jeff can get it off my phone. I snacked on healthy snacks while we were there but really I am sure I went over my calories. I woke up friday morning after doing Chalean and my deltoid was killing me in my left arm. My mom had to help me with Kayla's hair and even my own hair it hurt so bad. So needless to day I have not been lifting weights at all. I am still working out doing a lot of cardio but my shoulder still hurts :( Yesterday my friend and I went for a run (433 calories burned and had a worn out doggie!!!) and on the way home found a stranded puppy in the creek. So we get her out and I brought her home. cleaned her, fed her, played with her and she was sooooooooooooooo darn sweet! Jeff and I thought about keeping her. Well once she got in all her sleep was so hyper we could not do it. Her and Bella got along fine but Bella was not into the hyperness. So we took her to the VHS today. She was 38lbs and only 3 months old!!!! They said she was a Lab/ great peroniess mix. Very cute and very sweet and I am sure she will find a great home very fast! Last night after our run and messing with that puppy my friend and I did BL yoga and burned 130 calories about. Today I have not worked out and I am not sure if I am going too. That run yesterday in the cold made me not feel so good (sore throat, ear ache, head ache and cough). So we shall see. I am back to logging my food again and today I am going to keep it low so that I don't have to work out lol.

I have not read all the posts yet so I will catch up in a bit. Working on school with the kiddos.

Hope you are all doing GREAT!!!
    Amanda
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    hey buddies!!! i really needed a break today, so i went to an hour of yoga(120 cal) then walked and jogged to track for 45 min(250 cal.) tomorrow i am going to start training for a 1/2 marathon in april and then and triathlon in may!! so i am going to start cutting zumba down to 2-3 x a week instead of 5.:laugh: i think the change will be good for me!!

megan- great workout!!! that sounds like a good one...i need to try it!!

passion- u r funny!!:laugh: great job with this weekend...even though u went over!:wink: i think weekends r a challenge for all of us!

sandy- great burn!!! have fun watching bl tonight!!

amanda- sounds like u have been a busy lady!!! keep up the great workouts!!! hope ur deltoid feels better soon!:flowerforyou:

spicy- hope all is well, miss u lady!!!:flowerforyou:

hope everyone else is doing well!!!

off to practice my dances.... then off to school!! have a great night!
  • macobb21
    Options
    Hey guys, did the same thing as yesterday. Once I started I really felt yesterdays work. I love Jillian Michaels.

Nicole you are a great inspiration. You do a lot exercise, school, and you are a great mom. I don't know how you do it. When is that dance thing again?

Now I need to start getting to know the rest of you.

Have a nice day.
  • macobb21
    Options
    I just read the other posts.

Passion Thank you for welcoming me. That BFBM is really a killer. I love doing it though, I love to push myself. I do the NMTZ then the BFBM. I hate the jump squats. My knees burn during those. Do you do 30 Day Shred? I love that one too.
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Good Morning Amigas!!!

I did day1 level 1 of the 30 day shred. I love my Chalean and between my deltoid and my shines I can't lift that heavy. In the 20minutes I was able to burn 200 calories. Not as much I would like to in a day but hey in the beginning I was doing that work out in the morning and then something else in the evening so maybe I will go back to that for a bit. Plus if I am not eating my exercise calories I don't want to much left behind.

Macobb- Welcome to this wonderful group!!! I think I may have to try these workouts you are talking about. I am in need of change as I have been doing these same work outs going on 6 months now. Keep up the great work!!

Nicole- Girl you ROCK!!!! You are my hero! I really want to go back to school for fitness and nutrition just not sure how to do that with homeschooling my kids and being a wife and mommy.

Sandy- I hope that you were able to have your bowl of cereal at 7:45 last night! I LOVE the biggest loser and I think that red girl need to GO!!!!! I for some reason have been craving oranges and grapefruits and wanting to eat them all day so before 8 last night I had one of each and then a nice hot cup of detox tea while I watched the show. Keep up the great work outs lady!!!

Spicy- I hope you everything is going ok for you I miss ya!!!

Passion- Great job this weak-end! They are hard for all of us and even though you went over you still great :wink: Keep kickin butt!!!

Oh I forgot to tell you. Kayla went to ice skating last night and passed to advance to the next level. They also asked her to be apart of Future Stars which is a group that practices for 6 weeks and then they compete :noway: She is really loving skating and wants to do this so we are going to let her. It is going to cost us a lot of money as it is 35 to be part of that group and 50 for her lesson plus every couple of weeks we are going to pay 10 bucks for a private lesson for her to help gain her confidence before the competition. It is well worth it when I see that HUGE smile on her face!!! I do need a little advice, she is REALLY hard on herself! She wants to be a GREAT skater and last night they were teaching her somethings that she does not need to learn just yet and when she could not get it on the first time around she broke down in tears. It broke my heart and yet I am not sure of what the right words to say to her are. Any advice? It did not stop her from wanting to skate just so frustrated with herself. That is also part of why we decided on some private lessons.

Anyway lol Make it a GREAT Wednesday!!!
    Amanda
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Just wanted to let you know I made this really yummy snack today! Small Granny smith apple cut into bit size pieces, 1 TBSP of chopped dates, 1/2 TBSP honey and a little cinnamon mix it together and it is really yummy only 120 calories!!!!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hey girls!!

Today, our step & tone trainer threw in the circuit training again!! UUUGGHH!! Two Wednesdays in a row!! I really do love it though!! I'm physically dead on my feet when it's all over, but at the same time, I feel strong! I forgot to wear my HRM so I'm guessing by last weeks numbers that it's roughly 350 for the hour.

Nicole, you are so awesome!! Good for you on signing up for those races! There's one coming up in March that I've been thinking about doing... would you keep pushing me?? I really just need to commit & do it!! I guess fear of the unknown is holding me back. I'm not looking to take a gold medal or anything, I just really think it'd be a cool experience. I need to start training to run now to be in shape for it. It's only a 5K, I think that's a little more then 3 miles, but I know the important thing is getting into a good rithym with it.

Amanda, so good of you to save that puppy & to realize your limitations of not wanting such a big DOG!! I know it was a hard choice, but you're better off giving all your time & attention to Bella & the rest of your family. We have two dogs & it's crazy around here!
    I too am having shoulder issues. I hurt my rotator cuff a few months ago & it was just beginning to feel better, but then I pushed it too far last Friday while lifting & it's been sore ever since. It's getting better, I just have to let it rest & heal. I can't raise it straight up to the side. Up to the front - no problem.
    I agree with you on the Biggest Loser - the Red chic needs to go!! She's totally playing "the game". Why can't she just fess up??? I hope that B & J whip the mess out of her in the gym next week!!!

Megan, great job on those workouts!! Jump squats are awesome, but be careful of your knees. Is there any alternative moves you can do during that period?? I like to search google for that sort of information. I'll let you know if I find anything!

Spicy, we love ya babe!! Thoughts & prayers for you Amiga!

Have a great rest of the day!!

• nicolet04
    Options
    hey buddies!! gotta be quick today...went to the gym early and practiced my dances(70 cal burned) then ran walked for 40 min (300 cal) and then went to an hour weights class and then sprinted 3 more times around the track (380 cal.) i am so tired now, and i wanted to take a 15 minute power nap before i had to get ready for school, but i dont think i will have time:grumble: :yawn: ...oh well maybe tomorrow!!! i have been doing good with my foods, but not eating past 8 has been hard, cause when i get home from school i am so hungry.....i try not to eat much, just a little protein!

megan-great job with ur workouts!!! im so glad u r back in the swing of things!!!:drinker: thanks so much for the compliment:flowerforyou: its been really hard trying to balance everything, and i think it catching up to me, but after the performance i will feel 80% less stressed:laugh: ...its this saturday night at 7( i do 1 dance at 8 and 1 at 9)...i thought i could put ur name on the list, but i guess u just have to go and pick up tickets before saturday. its at the nut house off of chinden and cloverdale...by the ymca. they r free, so just go in and ask for tickets to the tools and toys party!

amanda- great job with ur workouts!!! if u want to go to school, just do it...everything will fall into place!:wink: thats awesome about kayla!! im not sure what u could tell her, just keep encouraging her, and let her know, that nobody is perfect at everything the first time! yummy snack!!! ill have to try it!:tongue:

sandy- great workout!! of couse i will "push" u!! :wink: just sign up and then u will have to do it!! plus there is nothing that says u cant walk if u need to...thats what im tyring to remember! lets do this together....so sign up and we can keep each other going!! LETS DO IT!!!!:wink:

shannan, amy, spicy, passion....hope i didnt forget anyone:flowerforyou: - hope all is well!!!

have a great night...off to get ready for school!!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Amanda, I forgot to comment on your situation with Kayla. I'd ask the skating teachers for advice on how to handle things. If they're good, supportive, caring teachers they'll have her interests more at heart & no doubt have some good advice on how to handle things & how to encourage Kayla in a positve, stress free way.

I found the dance teacher's at Makayla's school to be very supportive of her. They really do have alot of experience in dealing with young kids & knowing how & what kind of support they need.
  • macobb21
    Options
    Hey guys, did the same thing again. Soon I'm hoping to be able to throw in some treadmill afterwards but I don't think I'm ready yet

KZOsMOmmy I love the 30 Day Shred, I like the mix of cardio and strength. NMTZ is just strength and BFBM is cardio. You can get them at walmart for $9.

Sanifrey What is step and tone? My knees are starting to get used to the jump squats, I have to do every other one right now but it's getting a lot better.

Nicole I will try to go get those tickets so I can come. We need to get together soon. If I don't see you on Saturday I will see you at Hailee's Birthday Party.

Have a nice night guys.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Hi Lovely Ladies!

I missed you guys :smile: Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Jordan is in Erie, PA and started school yesterday. Praying this is the change that will put him back on track. :happy:
    It's 17 degrees there this morning :noway: brrrr

I see everyone is Keeping it Moving :bigsmile: and we have a new Buddy. Hi Macob! Welcome!

Nicole - Yay! Your hubby complimented you on your weight, without you even asking :bigsmile: We have to see some new pics :wink: Glad your :heart: school and that you still have time for those Killer workouts of yours :laugh: SOunds like you have your dance routine, Down. Maybe you can have sombody record it and put it on Youtube for a peek. :wink: Why does your HRM keep shutting off on you? is the watch tight enough, now that your are losing those inches?

Sandy - With you being on maintenance and now going back to "Losing Mode" might just "shock" your system into losing those couple pounds faster than you think :wink: Sounds like you should make Biggest Loser your "cereal night" :laugh: How is the new business coming along? Take care of that Shoulder Buddy... those lovely shoulders :happy:

Amanda - Sorry you hurt yourself :flowerforyou: I hope it's feeling better now... we don't realize how much we use our muscles until you hurt one. Chalean has really worked great for you. How is the HRM working for you? I agree with the advice Sandy gave. I know it must have been hard to give up that puppy, but you have enough on your plate right now and with the move coming up, renting a place with 2 pets isn't easy here, not sure about in your parts. That run must have been Invigorating in the cold... Nice change in your routine. :smile:

Passion - You know what you need to do, and are doing just that :flowerforyou: Good Job Girl!

I have not logged my foods and only worked out 3 hours last week :ohwell: (Step, Lift, Zumba)Then I was sooo sore for the last few days :laugh:
    I've been feeling really out of it lately... It's only me and the Ruby in the house :cry: It's gonna take some getting used to not having my baby in the house to worry about... :laugh: I might have to find another job... things have really gotten tight lately :ohwell:

I weighed on Friday and was still 148, however TOM was here... my jeans are fitting loser. I haven't been eating good, but I haven't been eating much either. However, I don't want to lose the little bit of muscle I've gained. I'm planning to head to the gym today.

Glad to be Back with my Amigas Fuerte... I really do need the encouragement, motivation and support your guys so freely give :love:

:heart:, Yvonne
  • nicolet04
    Options
    HEY BUDDIES! GONNA BE QUICK, SO MAYBE I CAN GET IN A 15 MINUTE NAP! WENT TO YOGA TODAY( 160 CAL) THEN RAN A MILE, THEN WALKED AND SPRINTED A MILE, THEN RAN ANOTHER MILE (360 CAL.) LETS HOPE I HAVE A GOOD WEIGH IN TOMORROW!!

MEGAN- GREAT JOB WITH UR WORKOUTS!! U WILL GET UP TO ADDING THE TREADMILL BEFORE U KNOW IT! JUST LISTEN TO UR BODY! I HOPE U GUYS CAN COME ON SAT NIGHT!

SPICY- YAY!! IM GLAD UR BACK! WE HAVE MISSED U!:flowerforyou: SORRY THAT U R MISSING UR SON, I HOPE IT HELPS HIM TO BE AWAY!:flowerforyou: I WILL TRY AND REMEMBER TO TAKE THE VIDEO CAMERA WITH ME ON SATURDAY, GREAT IDEA! I THINK MY HRM WAS SHUTTING OFF CAUSE THE BAND WAS TOO LOOSE, SO I TIGHTENED IT AND IT SEEMS TO BE HELPING!:bigsmile: SEEM LIKE U R DOING GREAT WITH UR WORKOUTS AND UR WEIGHT! 3 HOURS OF EXERCISE IS GOOD, ESPECIALLY SINCE UR IN MAINTENANCE! BE PROUD OF URSELF! HOWS THE BOY TOY OF URS!:wink::bigsmile:

HOPE EVERYBODY HAS A GREAT NIGHT!!!
  • macobb21
    Options
    Hey girls, same thing for my work out again. Starting to get used to the routine and soon I can add more. I'm starting to see a big change in my muscle tone. Even my husband commented on it, and if he didn't notice anything he deffanately wouldn't lie about it.

Nicole I am going to send Nate down there to pick up the tickets. You are going to do great.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    :grumble:

My post was deleted when the site had issues this morning... Not feeling like typing it again :ohwell:

Happy Friday Amigas!

I will be doing my 3 hours over the weekend and suffering through the soreness... Luckily my "Cubbie" (Cougars & Cubs... get it :laugh: ) is a massage therapist :bigsmile:

Keep up the great workouts Nicole... looks 2010 is your year for Accomplishing Goals :flowerforyou:

Sandy - How is your shoulder? Did you make it to step this morning?

Passion - You are on the Job Girl :happy:

Amanda - Hope your Deltoid is better... Are you resting it? Probably not :laugh:

Macobb - Looks like you are on track... and you don't have much to lose :bigsmile:

Make it a Great Day!
  • nicolet04
    Options
    HEY GIRLS! no gym for me today cause niko was up all night puking :frown: i am going to go practice my dances at 3 for a few hours, so i guess thats something...but i just get so stressed when i miss the gym...especially friday cause its zumba and my fav instructor teaches...and kills me:laugh: i am soooooo nervous for doing my dances tomorrow, i need all the prayers i can get!:happy:

megan- thats awesome that nate noticed a difference in u!!!:bigsmile: keep up the great work!!!:drinker: i think the tickets might be gone, so mandy said just show up and say ur with the entertainment!!! man my stomach hurts thinking about it...sooo nervous!!!

spicy- sounds like u r gonna have a successful weekend!!! ur too funny, but sounds likeu and ur "cub" :laugh: r doing great!!!

oh, so i didnt lose any weight, but i lost an inch off my waist and 3/4 inch off my hips since last month!!

have a great weekend!!!
  • macobb21
    Options
    Hey girls, same thing again. Tomorrow I'm just going to do the treadmill, my muscles need a brake.

Nicole great job on losing inches. I will try my best to make it tomorrow.
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hey girls!!

I spent 3 hours at the mall today letting my girls play with friends while we Moms caught up with eachother. It was nice. We walked, talked, ate & shopped! Now, I'm pooped!! I had planned to work out afterwards, but I ended up falling yesterday. I tried to take my dogs outside - I've done it hundred's of times - but should have known better to take them both at the same time. Anyway, they decided to pull me two seperate ways & down I went!! I cut up my hand pretty good & jarred my arm & right shoulder. I had already injured my left last week & must've pulled it out trying to hold the leashes back.... so I'm hurtin a bit now. I'm lucky & grateful I didn't break anything!
    I'm gettin' my hair done tomorrow, so may just wait for Sunday to get back on track.

Megan, congrats on the improved muscle tone! That's wonderful!! :happy:
    Nicole, congrats on the inches lost! That's really where it counts!!:drinker:
    Spicy, great to have you back! Enjoy that massage!! :wink:
    Amanda, I hope that you were able to find some energy today! :tongue:

Have a great evening & weekend!!