As if There Weren't Enough Reasons to go Vegan

Options

Replies

• Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have never had a soy steak provide a mouth watering experience like I have a fresh Elk Backstrap.
  • bblich02
    bblich02 Posts: 57
    Options
    lol im gluten free AND vegan! I'm big into health!
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Do mice normally eat meat? I'm not a mouse. Another poor study.

Do you use medicine? It was once tested on a mouse.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options
    I have never had a soy steak provide a mouth watering experience like I have a fresh Elk Backstrap.

Karma is a b*tch. So is Lyme disease...
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    That's why you should eat at McDonald's. It's not really "grilled", it's more like a skillet. Healthier.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Do you wear clothes with cotton? African American slaves used to pick it. What's your point?
  • BadAssUnicorn
    Options
    lol im gluten free AND vegan! I'm big into health!

and people who are not those things are not?
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Oooh someone posted a vegan thread, let's all jump on the "let's hate the veg lifestyle" bandwagon. Hey, if you have no intention of not giving up meat then don't give up meat but why do people ALWAYS have to bag on vegan/vegetarian lifestyles. If it's not for you, then move on to the next discussion. If I see threads about what meats to eat or asking for chicken recipes, I skip them b/c it doesn't relate. Why do people feel so compelled to bag on other people's choices esp if they are making the choice for health reasons whether you agree or not.

As a vegetarian, I don't care what you eat and I' not going to try to sway you to the plant based diet either. Make your own choices. Let me tell you though, you're very unlikely to get a vegetarian to change back to consuming meat again. I will never eat meat again b/c I find it repulsive and I find the industrial farming practices to be horrific and inhumane. You're not going to convince me to eat an animal's body. How about you see the word "vegan or vegetarian" and you say "oh that doesn't relate to me" and skip all the "vegetarians are stupid, man was made to eat meat" chest pounding speeches.

You haven't bothered to read the posts. No one said that vegans are stupid. In fact, it has been stated over and over again that if it works for you and you like it, you should do it. What has been happening is that the vegans are judging the meat eaters, saying it isn't healthy, it isn't respectful, etc.

To each his own.

^this
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You do realize that mice are primarily herbivores? The way their bodies react to meat is very different from how we would react to it.

Why would our bodies react differently? There is a reason mice are used for so much testing. Humans are born herbivores my friend. We just simply choose to ignore what our bodies are designed for in favor of what satisfies our pleasure center. Check out this link:

http://www.waoy.org/26.html
    We are not herbivores at all. We are Omnivores.
    We have teeth that are made for eating "grass" (as it were, I know we don't actually eat it anymore) and also the teeth that are made for chewing meat. I'm not saying therefore we HAVE to eat meat or only vegetation but we are not herbivores.

gorilla.jpg

Your argument is invalid- I rest my case.
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Do you wear clothes with cotton? African American slaves used to pick it. What's your point?

i just wear Africans. i'm no hypocrite.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Eww, soy. Try a fresh ripe peach, or a fresh ripe mango. LUDICROUSLY mouthwatering and delicious when properly ripened!!!
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options

- My point is that tests on mice are valid in regards to human functioning. I.E."I am not a mouse."
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Eww, soy. Try a fresh ripe peach, or a fresh ripe mango. LUDICROUSLY mouthwatering and delicious when properly ripened!!!

Will do.
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    nice findings :)
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Although I admire a vegan diet, my trainer advised me that going vegan seriously diminishes the human body's ability to maintain muscle mass the way it does when it feasts on animal protein. I was trying out the vegan diet for a little while but was getting frustrated because I wasn't getting the results I wanted. He told me it was because I wasn't eating animal protein.

There are tons of high endurance athletes who thrive on a plant based diet. There is a good book called Thrive that talks about just that.

Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life
    Brendan Brazier

https://www.google.com/search?q=vegan+bodybuilders&sugexp=chrome,mod=13&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=F0w9UMfOG4a80QGOrYGwCA&biw=1366&bih=600&sei=GUw9UM2UGee20AGhlIDIBA

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2010/04/25/vegan-bodybuilding-and-fitness-with-robert-cheeke/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/178935-how-to-gain-muscle-while-being-a-vegan/

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=article_information_3
  • cgernhard
    Options
    this is the funniest thread i've read in a long time lol
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options
    Animal testing to prove a vegan diet?

lol

bump

- Who said the scientists conducting the test were vegan? Logic fail on your part.
  • oandptech
    Options
    I want some steak
    This :) /\
This discussion has been closed.