As if There Weren't Enough Reasons to go Vegan

Options

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not much of a fan of the superiority complex that seems to come along with the vegan lifestyle. Maybe they'd be a little less uptight if they had a good BLT. :)

Perhaps you'd be less patronising if you skipped the BLT.

I don't eat BLTs so much but I love my meat and I have never met a happy vegan. Ever. They're always angry that restaurants and other people don't cater to their lifestyle. It's just something I noticed.

Also it's patronizing. :P
    mebbie its just cuz i live in socal but we can get vegan "blt's" here we can also get vegan double choco chip cookies. the cookies taste right and have the correct textuer, but the blt's are so heavly seasoned that they kinda suck, trust me i have eaten a lot of them. they just dont taste anything like the "real thing" or keep you as full as a "real blt"
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not much of a fan of the superiority complex that seems to come along with the vegan lifestyle. Maybe they'd be a little less uptight if they had a good BLT. :)

I don't eat BLTs so much but I love my meat and I have never met a happy vegan. Ever. They're always angry that restaurants and other people don't cater to their lifestyle. It's just something I noticed.

If we're talking sweeping generalisations then I've noticed that most meat eaters have very little knowledge of food production or basic nutrition.

You seem pretty angry, pushy and reeking of a superiority complex based on how you're replying to this thread. Just saying. Stereotypes tend to be based in truth and you're proving me right. Now I'm sure I sound like a typical meat eater but I don't care, because I don't have to worry about a restaurant not having an alternative just for me. :)

It's generalizations. You seem to have difficulty with words with the letter Z in them. >.>
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    Animal testing to prove a vegan diet?

lol

bump

- Who said the scientists conducting the test were vegan? Logic fail on your part.

Reading fail on your part.

Title of this thread is

"As if There Weren't Enough Reasons to go Vegan"

OP posts a link where they tested on animals, which is strictly against Veganism right?

No one cares if the scientist were vegan. No where in that statement does it say "scientists", does it?

No, you didn't read my reply. We are against animal testing. That doesn't nullify the results of the study.

So no where in that statement does it say "scientists", does it? So explain how that's a logic fail?

I was merely pointing out the irony, I could really care less what that study says.

"I could really care less what that study says."

- So why exactly are you replying? You didn't even read the study you're complaining about. If you're going to be willfully ignorant then don't get into a debate about the thing you haven't bothered to read.

I'm replying because you said my statement was a logical fail. Not caring what the study says and not reading what the study says are two different things. A reading comprehension fail on your part, so just answer the question, explain your reasoning on why it's a logical fail. You just seem to be in a blind rage just lashing out at everyone here, reading words and statements that aren't there.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options

If we're talking sweeping generalisations then I've noticed that most meat eaters have very little knowledge of food production or basic nutrition.

You seem pretty angry, pushy and reeking of a superiority complex based on how you're replying to this thread. Just saying. Stereotypes tend to be based in truth and you're proving me right. Now I'm sure I sound like a typical meat eater but I don't care, because I don't have to worry about a restaurant not having an alternative just for me. :)

It's generalizations. You seem to have difficulty with words with the letter Z in them. >.>

Really? I didn't get personal, which is something you failed to do. I don't need "special options" in restaurants. Lots of Chinese, Italian and Greek food is vegan. At the very least I could get a salad and fries. You should do some research then you won't need to resort to insults.

Oh, and speaking of patronising? I'm in the UK. You seem to have a problem with general knowledge. We use S not Z.
  • Erisad
    Options
    mebbie its just cuz i live in socal but we can get vegan "blt's" here we can also get vegan double choco chip cookies. the cookies taste right and have the correct textuer, but the blt's are so heavly seasoned that they kinda suck, trust me i have eaten a lot of them. they just dont taste anything like the "real thing" or keep you as full as a "real blt"

I guess some areas are more vegan friendly than others. In PA though, not so many vegan places. There was a vegan bakery just opened nearby and I do want to try it sometime. Hopefully the owner doesn't have a snobby attitude, then they won't get any of my money. :/
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just think that vegans should stop being so arrogant and pushy and thinking they can change the world and how they eat.

Then don't post on vegan threads. I don't read any of the meat threads.
    this should have been posted in the vegan group if you don't want this kind of fight breaking out. some of the anti vegan talk is over the top, but don't you think comparing us to slave owners might be a little offensive and antagonistic ?
  • Erisad
    Options

Really? I didn't get personal, which is something you failed to do. I don't need "special options" in restaurants. Lots of Chinese, Italian and Greek food is vegan. At the very least I could get a salad and fries. You should do some research then you won't need to resort to insults.

It's not an insult to correct your spelling, I'm helping you. Just like you're helping us understand the vegan side of things. No need to get so angry. What am I supposed to research exactly? I'm speaking from personal experience, no research required. I don't see why you're getting so upset, I never met you personally so you probably aren't one of the snobby vegans I'm referring to. :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Intresting
    oopps wait my T-Bone is ready.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options

It's not an insult to correct your spelling, I'm helping you. Just like you're helping us understand the vegan side of things. No need to get so angry. What am I supposed to research exactly? I'm speaking from personal experience, no research required. I don't see why you're getting so upset, I never met you personally so you probably aren't one of the snobby vegans I'm referring to. :)

"It's not an insult to correct your spelling, I'm helping you." - I'm British, you arrogant idiot.
  • Erisad
    Options
    Oh, and speaking of patronising? I'm in the UK. You seem to have a problem with general knowledge. We use S not Z.

Sorry, I didn't know that. I'm just an ignorant American meat eater who is beneath you in every way, right? Sorry but they don't teach us UK spelling idiosyncrasies in school.
  • Erisad
    Options
    "It's not an insult to correct your spelling, I'm helping you." - I'm British, you arrogant idiot.

I didn't see your edit before responding the first time. Jesus, calm down. No need to resort to put downs, aren't you supposed to be smarter than me? :/
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    it seems like a lot of people are getting very angry. i think this is one of the things that tick people off the most in the forums. just be respectful if you are saying something. insulting somebody and being rude just isnt right. again, insulting me isnt going to make me eat meat, just as much as insulting somebody who eats meat isnt going to turn them vegan, then i would insult everybody, haha. j/k.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying this, I just need popcorn!
    Meanwhile, the world has real problems!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options

thats right. like how snooki just had a baby and how the poor child is going to be raised by her.:laugh:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

YEAH LIKE FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST COW EATERS!! THAT'S A REAL PROBLEM :angry:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It's the cow's fault for being so tasty...

I feel terribly sad for anyone who has anything to do with that snooker fellow.
  • Erisad
    Options

thats right. like how snooki just had a baby and how the poor child is going to be raised by her.:laugh:

That poor baby. They'll have him in a tanning booth before he learns to read. :(
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

True story ....
  • Erisad
    Options

Yeah, the cow is totally asking for it. And don't even get me started on them pigs. Bacon. Mmmmmm.... :laugh:
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Chemical found in grilled meat that is linked to weight gain, diabetes, etc.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/26/grilled-meat-weight-gain-diabetes_n_1828486.html?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living

In a new study in mice, researchers have found a link between a compound produced when food is cooked with dry heat -- like over a grill -- and weight gain, insulin resistance and diabetes.

When the compound, called methyl-glyoxal, a kind of advanced glycation endproduct, was fed to mice, Mount Sinai School of Medicine researchers found that the mice went on to gain weight around their abdomens. They also developed early insulin resistance.

However, mice that were not given the compound -- but were otherwise fed the same diet as the mice given the compound -- did not go on to gain the extra body fat or develop insulin resistance. The findings are published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Methyl-glyoxal may affect the mice by decreasing the ability of bodily mechanisms like SIRT1, which is responsible for controlling inflammation, as well as aiding in glucose and insulin metabolism, researchers said. In other words, it may decrease the mice's ability to control inflammation in their bodies.

"The study demonstrates how the prolonged ingestion of seemingly innocuous substances common in human food, such as MG [methyl-glyoxal], can reduce defenses and compromise native resistance to metabolic and other diseases," study researcher Dr. Helen Vlassara, M.D., director of theDivision of Experimental Diabetes and Aging at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, said in a statement. "The mouse findings are also quite exciting because they provide us with new tools, not only to study, but to begin taking measures to prevent diabetes, either by suppressing their formation or by blocking their absorption with our food."

Even though this research was only in mice, the findings suggest that people might want to opt to eat meat that's been cooked with lower heat or moisture, such as steamed, stewed or poached meat, researchers said.

Recently, a study in the journal Carcinogenesis showed that meat that's been cooked in a pan might carry health risks, too.

That study, conducted by scientists at the University of Southern California and Cancer Prevention Institute of California, showed that men who eat one-and-a-half servings of pan-fried red meat each week have a 30 percent increased risk of being diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer.

And the researchers found that the risk went up the more pan-fried meat the men ate -- men who ate two-and-a-half servings of pan-fried red meat was linked with a 40 percent higher risk of having advanced prostate cancer.

It's a good thing that I'm not a mouse, but a human.
This discussion has been closed.