tumblr_lppca7trgl1qm3vgbo1_500.gif
    :heart:
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    Animal testing to prove a vegan diet?

lol

bump

- Who said the scientists conducting the test were vegan? Logic fail on your part.

Reading fail on your part.

Title of this thread is

"As if There Weren't Enough Reasons to go Vegan"

OP posts a link where they tested on animals, which is strictly against Veganism right?

No one cares if the scientist were vegan. No where in that statement does it say "scientists", does it?

No, you didn't read my reply. We are against animal testing. That doesn't nullify the results of the study.

So no where in that statement does it say "scientists", does it? So explain how that's a logic fail?

I was merely pointing out the irony, I could really care less what that study says.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I don't know when it became okay to be rude to vegetarians/vegans and make stupid comments. I'm happy with my decision and I don't make dumb cracks about people that choose to eat meat.
    no one realy is they where "cracking wise" at the trolls on this thread not at "normal veg(s)"
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    So did they perform this same study on grilled vegetables? I'm guessing the cleanliness of the grill as well as the grilling supplies (lighter fluid, charcoal, etc) matters as well. They don't really address that but I think it would be a more complete study if they did. So many variables can affect the results of this study.
  • ejaudreyd
    Options
    I tried going vegan... lasted 3 weeks. (Which was my goal, to test it out) The best thing that came out of it is you REALLY think and investigate into what you're eating!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not much of a fan of the superiority complex that seems to come along with the vegan lifestyle. Maybe they'd be a little less uptight if they had a good BLT. :)
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've never once noticed a mouse grilling anything....just sayin maybe they didn't pick the right test subject
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options

lol

bump

- Who said the scientists conducting the test were vegan? Logic fail on your part.

Reading fail on your part.

Title of this thread is

"As if There Weren't Enough Reasons to go Vegan"

OP posts a link where they tested on animals, which is strictly against Veganism right?

No one cares if the scientist were vegan. No where in that statement does it say "scientists", does it?

No, you didn't read my reply. We are against animal testing. That doesn't nullify the results of the study.

So no where in that statement does it say "scientists", does it? So explain how that's a logic fail?

I was merely pointing out the irony, I could really care less what that study says.

"I could really care less what that study says."

- So why exactly are you replying? You didn't even read the study you're complaining about. If you're going to be willfully ignorant then don't get into a debate about the thing you haven't bothered to read.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    tumblr_loci3kFxha1qzhee2.gif
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not much of a fan of the superiority complex that seems to come along with the vegan lifestyle. Maybe they'd be a little less uptight if they had a good BLT. :)

Perhaps you'd be less patronising if you skipped the BLT.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

lol

Ironic study is ironic :laugh:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

I don't eat BLTs so much but I love my meat and I have never met a happy vegan. Ever. They're always angry that restaurants and other people don't cater to their lifestyle. It's just something I noticed.

Also it's patronizing. :P
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options
    I just think that vegans should stop being so arrogant and pushy and thinking they can change the world and how they eat.

Then don't post on vegan threads. I don't read any of the meat threads.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My take on it is that, as long as you're not eating 10 grilled steaks a day you'll be OK.

You can also die from drinking too much water. Should we warn people about that too?

Everything in moderation.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options

I don't eat BLTs so much but I love my meat and I have never met a happy vegan. Ever. They're always angry that restaurants and other people don't cater to their lifestyle. It's just something I noticed.

Also it's patronizing. :P

If we're talking sweeping generalisations then I've noticed that most meat eaters have very little knowledge of food production or basic nutrition.
  • Snuffle0107
    Options
    This is the most ridiculous treads I have read. First off I didn't read the study I won't lie. I can also tell you that I am a meat eater. It isn't that I don't care about the welfare of animals. Yes conditions at some farms are horrible, however I have family members that are farmers and I have seen that some farmers do care about how the animals are treated. If you are opposed to the killing of animals for food then that is your right. Humans have free will , we are able to choose what we believe in and so on. I choose to believe in the food chain and I don't see anything wrong with eating meat. If someone choses to believe differently then that is their right. I am not going to try to force a vegan to eat meat, it would be pointless. It is no different than a vegan trying to force me to give up meat. Society has gotten so self absorbed. It is really very sad. Everbody wants to think the have all the answers when in reality we are all just flying by the seat of our pants.
This discussion has been closed.