Senior Golden Sneakers Club~~~Welcome~~~~~Dec.

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    Barb, you are a night owl like me. :laugh: Size 4?? I think it is time to stop Barbie, what size did you start? Congratulations on that great weight loss, you look terrific and probably feel a lot better, health wise. I am still trying to lose the last three pounds, just when I think I have lost another pound the scale says different. :sad:

Marie, good job on the birthday list, typo errands are common for all of us. Thank goodness for the back space key. :ohwell:

I still didn't get my cards done, so I am going to try again today. I have been lax on exercising but seem to be getting steps on my pedometer.

Have a good Sunday.

Sandy
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    A Blessed Sunday to all!:flowerforyou:

Yesterday I went on an Advent Day Retreat and in was wonderful! :heart: So many beautiful and faithfilled people.:love:

When I returned home I got news that Frank, my brother in law (BIL) has cancer and has 5 weeks to live.:cry: He is the brother of my first husband (Domenic) whom I have stayed very close to ever since Domenic died. It's an unusual and blessed situation as my present husband, Russell, adopted that whole family as HIS in - laws, and they just love him.:love: Our house is the homestead of Domenic's family and we have continued all the traditional get togethers that they had before he died. (after all, Domenic is the father of my 3 daughters so it was real important to stay connected) We always have Christmas Eve with MY family, Christmas Day with Domenic's family at our house, and Christmas evening with Russell's family.:flowerforyou: We plan to have Christmas Day as usual, even though it will be somber, because it has been my experience, with losing someone through death, that you try to keep everything else as normal as you can. I'm sure it will be more of a supportive day for all of us, but I love that family so much that I think we need to continue it! Frank worked for Sears and was always taking care of my appliances...as well as given me h--- when I abused them:blushing: He is my second daughter's godfather. So, just add my family to the list of all those going through something difficult. They will be much appreciated.:smooched:

BirdieM:ohwell:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sandy,

I was up late dealing with a pc issue in combination w/a Comcast problem. Fortunately they have 24 hour support and at 2 am PT, there is not a lot of competition, so I was able to get through immediately and get back online.

:flowerforyou: Birdie,

I saw your post here and on the other thread about your BIL. So sorry to hear this sad news. I hope you can derive some comfort from the closeness and support between your family members. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

:flowerforyou: Marie,

I don't know if you follow college football, but if you do, I hope you were watching the TX vs Neb game last night. Texas pulled the rabbit out of the hat at the last possible second and beat Neb by 1 point.:drinker: Today I bet you are busy watching your Cowboys.
    It is cold but sunny here today, and there are some little hairy faces around here beginning to stir like they want to go walking. I am hoping to put them off for a while as I am moving slowly this morning. Every Sunday morning, when I have attended Mass on the previous evening, I say a little prayer of thanks for the Saturday Vigil that counts as one's Sunday attendance. For some reason, it is especially difficult for me to get going on Sunday mornings.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good afternoon all.

Yes I watch that Texas game last night. I didn't figure out how they got the one second back, but sure glad they did. What a game.
    The Cowboys is fixing to come on now.

My youngest daughter, Kathy cames by to get some Pecans for her baby squirrills she is rasing in the house. She says it is tooo cold for them outside. I think they are spoiled. Gotta go to see the game.

Marie
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Marie! Why is Kathy raising baby squirrels in the HOUSE? Did the mom get run over or something? I've never heard of that!

Birdie - so sorry about your bil - the good news is it sounds like he has lots of support, loving family around him. It's awesome the way your families blended! Always the best for everyone.

Barbie - i had trouble too when i first got down into a size 4 - i got some good work jeans from the cabella's catalog. I know what you mean about them mostly being geared toward the kids. There's one kind of levis that works real well for me - they are 550s relaxed fit. Good Luck! What a FUN problem to be having!!!!!!! You're TINY!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday i went up in the mountains with great friends - we had 6 people stuffed into the pick up - including 1 baby seat! We had a blast - cut our Christmas trees without a chainsaw! lol. It wasn't bad at all - mostly because the only one i actually cut was a little charlie brown tree for my son! My friend Terry cut the 2 bigger trees......it was just the best day though. Then everyone came to my house and i fixed dinner - white chile with soy sausage and corn bread. Ever since then i've been decorating the tree and the house, wrapping gifts and working on my Christmas letter and remembering how GRATEFUL i am for everything in my life..........I'm SO glad we went yesterday 'cause this morning we woke up to more snow and about 7 degrees. Man it's COLD!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

elli
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It's 23 degrees and clear this morning. I added more warm clothes to my dog walking outfit so i could stay warm. There's no more snow which is a good thing for us because we're trying to sell our motorhome and we have a potential buyer who wants to drive it and would have driven it yesterday except for the snow. He's going to drive it today.

:flowerforyou: Barb, we have a Fashion Bug in Port Angeles. I went there a month ago and didn't try anything on and when I went back last week they had cleared out all their smaller sizes and were now selling only sizes 6-30. I think my next step is going to be JC Penney online because they have size 4 of the jeans I've been wearing so I know I like the style, fabric and general fit. One thing I like about the pants I'm wearing now is the loose feeling that always makes me feel thinner.......I spent too much of my life stuffed into clothes that were too small because I kept gaining weight that loose clothes always make me feel thinner.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I started at 183 pounds, size 16.....this weight loss has been amazing. Good luck on getting your cards done......I'll bet you're inspired and encouraged and full of holiday spirit with your decorations up.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL.......it's at times like this that family and faith are so important....I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

:flowerforyou: Marie, add me to the list of people who want to know why Kathy is raising squirrels in the house.

:flowerforyou: Elli, thanks for the ideas about Cabella's and Levis........I need all the help I can get....I'm so glad your tree cutting expedition went well......your dinner sounds yummy.

I have a friend coming over this morning....I don't see her often so I'm really looking forward to it.
    hugs,:heart::heart: Barbie
  • weaklink109
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Barbie,

It was 25 when I woke up this morning. We need to have Mike add a "smiley face" for B-R-R-R, maybe an ice cube or a snow flake:laugh: We still don't have snow, and the sun is out again. Good luck with your motorhome sale. After all the good times you described this last summer, I was surprised to hear you were selling. Are your travelling days over, or are you planning to do things differently next year?

You mentioned Fashion Bug has a retail store in your area. I am sorry they don't have anything under size 6, but there is always the website. It sounds like JC Penney might be your answer. It seems like you can order online from them also, but I am not sure.
    It amazes me that I am in the size now that you started out in last January. I have dropped from a size 24W to a misses size 16.

Well, I have to be somewhere this morning so bye for now.

Barb
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you ladies who lost so much weight, you should be so happy with yourselves. :heart:
    Isn't it wonderful when we put our minds to it, we can accomplish anything? No one has to push us or threaten us, when we are ready we do what we have to do and we should all give ourselves a pat on the back. :love:

I too, want to know what baby squirrels are doing in the house. I hope she is being extremely careful, since squirrels can be rabid. I had a girlfriend when I was a kid who loved to feed them and one day she decided to pull the tail of one and of course it bit her. She got 21 very painful shots in her stomach. I think she learned her lesson. :frown:

Birdie, I will keep your BIL in my prayers as well as you and your family. It is so wonderful how you combined families and carry on traditions. I wish everyone could get along as well as you and your family. :heart:

Barbie, I am so proud of your weight loss, I know I mentioned it above but you have done so well it is worth repeating. I can tell next Christmas you will be like Barbie and you will be asking where to buy those small size clothes. You look wonderful now so just keep up with what you are doing.

Marie, how are you today? Not like you to not check in by now. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I did a cardio workout on my Wii and now I am going to go do the elliptical for 30 minutes. I have to do as much as I can when I can. :laugh:

We woke up to snow and the first snow fall even though it is under an inch is so pretty. We are expecting a lot more tomorrow night into Wednesday so our first winter storm seems to be coming soon. :smokin:

Keep warm, keep safe and stay happy.

Sandy
  • elli
    Options
    OK Barbie and Barb - quit complaining about your "balmy" weather! Right now it's 9 degrees and i think it's actually warmed up a little bit from this morning! lol. It's supposed to go down to 2 tonight - i have the feeling it will actually get below 0. It sure is crunchy outside with all the snow we have too!

Marie? We're a little worried - now - where are you? Did you ever get snow? I know Houston did!

WOW - Barbie and Barb - you have BOTH lost so much weight! You both ROCK! And i agree with Sandy - next x-mas Barb, you will be looking for clothes that are too hard to find just like Barbie!!!!!!!

The maintaining is what's hard for me - but i'm working on it all the time. As long as i keep under 125 i don't get TOO freaked out - but still want to be closer to 115! I've decided to give myself the gift of yoga on my week off - i'm going to try and go every day that i'm off work. That'll kick start me again.

OH BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!! My dil is pregnant! It's the third time - she's had 2 miscarriages so please keep us in your prayers. We all SOOOOOOOO want this baby!

Birdie - how are things going??????? You're family is in my prayers.

elli
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your prayers.:love: I will certainly pray for your DIL Elli. Grandchildren are just so special.:love:
    Barbie I just can't believe that you are having trouble buying clothes because you are just too tiny!!! It really is hard to believe you were ever overweight!:flowerforyou: You must feel like you're in some one elses body!!!:laugh: I don't EVER remember wearing a size 6 even when I was at my lowest weight! I weighed 200 lbs in the 7th grade, :noway: so I don't even remember passing it as a child:laugh: II'm sure I DID......but I must have been in preschool!!!:laugh:
    My MIL is in the hospital with an infection! :ohwell: Honestly....at 91 years old, I just wish the good Lord would take her! It just breaks your heart to see someone her age living the way she has to live! There's NO quality of life.....just pain and frustration.:frown: If there's one thing, good, that come out of seeing others in so much pain... it is that it makes you so terribly grateful for a healthy and full life! Thank you God for my blessings!
    I place all our loved ones, who need prayers, in His loving hands!:love:
    BirdieM:heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

HEY I SIGN UP FOR FACEBOOK YESTERDAY AND MY FAMILY HAS KEPT ME TIED UP. I AM UNDER EULA MARIE WARD THERE.

It is still cold down here in Dallas, Texas. We are just east of Dallas.

About the squirells they are just babies I guess they lost the mommie. Kathie id feeding them, and keeping them warm. I don't remember if I told you about her dogie having 9 more pups. . She is letiing their Mommie take are of them. Her son has two horses out there now. I hope they don't have babies. I don't know how many little longhorns they have now.

I am still on my Met B diet. It is kind of easy to stay on. I haven't lost very much but if it would just waarm up some i will feel a lot
    bettter. Didn't get off Thanksgiving or our little road trip. And don't plan on getting off of it Christmas.Or I will not get off.

Everyone have a lovely week!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from the frigid North. This morning it was -37C with the wind chill, without it was a balmy -27C (I think that is about -25F). We still have very little snow but the cold seems to be bringing the Christmas shoppers out. Yes, I ate too much birthday dinner and will have to pay the piper. This is a very tough diet season at our house, 3 birthdays followed immediately by Christmas. I am going to have a hard time fitting into my bathing suit if I don't get serious soon. And yes, I will wear a bathing suit NO MATTER WHAT!

Marie -- I will look you up on Facebook soon.

Barbie -- Oh, the problems of the skinny!! :wink: Do you feel the cold more? When I lost weight a few years ago (still big by your stats, I wore an 8) I was cold all the time. My sweaters got good use for awhile and I always had a blanket wrapped around me. You have done a terrific job.

Birdie -- I will send up a prayer for your family. Sometimes it seems we are asked to handle too much at one time. Take care of yourself. We will be here for you.

Barb -- You have also done a sensational job of getting those pounds off. Way to go.

Sandy -- It is such a fight to drop those last few pounds. You will do it. Try not to be frustrated.

Elli -- I am so hopeful that this baby will get to term. You will indeed be kept in my prayers.

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :smile: :heart:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sandie,

Having squirrels in the house can't be anymore interesting than having Bradley the snoop in your house. Every tine I think I have outfoxed him on getting into anything edible, he finds a way to outfox me. It appears I will be re arranging my kitchen cupboards to fix it so nothing edible, other than in cans in in the lower cupboards, since he can open them:noway: , and DOES!!!:laugh: Fortunately, he hasn't taught himself how to use a can opener......yet.

I was hoping to hit the big 50 gone by today, but not yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed. (makes it hard to type:wink: ) Also makes it more difficult to eat too, so maybe not such a bad idea!!:laugh:

I can't remember exactly where you are, but it must be in the middle of the US, since your description of the weather coincides with the predictions I saw on WGN today (thanks to cable) about snow coming up from the south and heading in that direction. It will not break my heart if it all stays where you are. We had enough last year to last us several years!!!

:flowerforyou: Elli and
    :flowerforyou: Gayla,
    9 degrees and 25 BELOW:noway: Ok, I surrender, a balmy 23 degrees F (current temp) doesn't sound like much, but this afternoon, I had to stop and fill up my car, because this was NOT a day I wanted to end up walking!!:laugh: The southeast part of my town is near to the Columbia River, and we are having some of the infamous east wind blowing out of the Columbia Gorge. I about froze my gluteus maximus off (that's ONE way to get rid of it:laugh: ) While I was standing at the pump, next to a guy about may age who was also bundled up, we both looked over and did a double-take at the nearby convertible, from which a female 20-something got out---wearing a short-sleeved t-shirt and SHORTS!!!! Oh, the top WAS UP on the car, BTW:laugh:

Elli, that is great news about your DIL--let's hope the third time is a charm

:flowerforyou: Birdie,

So sorry to hear about your MIL, I will keep her and you in my prayers.

:flowerforyou: Marie,

I am glad to hear you were getting tied up on Face book. When we didn't hear from you, I thought you might be in mourning over the Dallas/New York game. Sorry about how that came out for Dallas.

I am glad that Kathie only has squirrels in her house and not "little longhorns":noway: --now THAT would be exciting!!:laugh:

Good luck staying on your program. It sounds like it is working for you.:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey,

We haven't heard from you since Dec 2nd--guess that means you are either busy wrapping all those Christmas presents, or else you are out in the yard chasing after some of those moles!! :laugh: I was just thinking, in your last post you mentioned you might get snow. Maybe if it gets cold enough, those pesky critters will hop the next train to the south :noway: and let you have your yard back!!! We can hope, right?

Well, I finally finished my post despite the "assistance" of the "three little pests"--my nickname for my canine "children" when they are not eating:bigsmile:

Hope everyone is warm and dry and not letting themselves get overwhelmed by Christmas details. After all the real reason for the season is pretty simple and straightforward, when it comes right down to it.

Barb
  • elli
    Options
    Thank you everyone for keeping my dil in your prayers - i'm sure hoping that the third time will be the charm!

Barb - there's no WAY you can ever be bored with those 3 little guys! Bradley is SUCH the clown! Do NOT give him a can opener to play with! You have have to put those baby proof things on your cabinets! Keep on keepin on! You're going to hit the big 50 before you know it! And what's with the shorts and tee shirt?!?!?!?!? I SWEAR - do these kids not KNOW it's winter?!?!?!?

Marie - i have to agree with Barb - good thing Kathie has no little longhorns in the house! Although......"back in the day" when my kids were little and we raised all those animals - when we had sick or cold lambs we'd bring them into the house in a playpen! Ended up with a few good bottle fed, lead lambs that way! I too, will check you out on facebook soon!

Gayla - i know - we feel "bad" for Barbie don't we - with all those skinny problems!:laugh: It's a whole new world out there! Well - you win for cold weather - you ARE up in Canada!!!!!!! It's still snowing here and below 0 but not THAT much below 0!

Birdie - I know what you mean - my Mom was only ("only"!) 85 when she had a stroke but she made it SO clear to us that she no longer wanted to be on this earth. Thankfully she only stayed for another 6 months. I miss her, but she was ready and sometimes you just know when that time has come. Hope your family is hanging in there.

Happy Day everyone!!!!!!:heart: elli
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello , here I am. Have had my breakfast of flax muffins and scramble eggs. Aong with 2 cups of ice water and a cup of coffee. I can't imazine eating any other way now that this is one month into the origram. Usally 3 weeks I give in to my terrible cravings, but on this plan I am not craving the bad foods. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: . These flax muffins has been a life saver for me. And they are huge ones.

Thanks Gayla and Sandy for joing me on facebook I also heard from Mo too. enjoy talking to all of my family that lives out of town.

Elli, you are in a deep freeze . I just got a post from a girl in Utah and they had a blizzard, she has been shoveling snow for an hour.

Gayla, I know you are in a deep freeze, can't imazine it being that cold. This is soup weather. I think I will look in my freezer to see what I can make. I really would like some salmon chowder. I have a recipe , just need to see what I will have to leave out to make it legal for me. I have a corn bread recipe a girl sent me that is legal May make it.I think it is a free food. I found some intesting recipe on Sparks people for a very low carb diet.

Barbiecat, You are an amazine person. What does Jake think of his slim bride now,

Barbs, I enjoy reading your post. you are so comical/

Birdie, Sorry abou all of your family Health problems.

Jeffrey, Missed you bening around here,

Sandy, You are one in a million , Love ya

Phoebe, Looking forward to you being home.

Beth, So glad you are back in the States. I bet you are too. Hope you don't have to go back

Loce to all of ya
    Marie
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I was here during the summer. I was a blond in my picture and I am the one who's son got married in Mexico and I got sick the morning of the wedding and after planning the wedding for one year, I did not get to go!I got really depressed and forgot all about the boards. In August I started quilting even though I am legally blind. Have pieced 4 queen sized quilts and 1 lap quilt. They are all at my sisters in Yuma being quilted. They are all beautiful and it is hard for me to believe that I did it.

I went to the doctors to have labs done and I have a feeling that the news is not going to be good as far as my blood sugar is concerned. This brings me up to the moment and the weight issues. I have got to take control of my weight and my blood sugar before it is too late. I am ready to go but am not motivated...it is , of course, the sugar.

don't get too use to the new picture as I am having a color change on Thursday!
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Sandi,

Glad you rejoined us.:drinker: I do remember your story about missing the wedding, but it had been long enough ago that I didn't remember who it happened to. Welcome back. It is never too late to get healthy!!!:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Sandi , I thought i reconized your name. And now i really do remember you. That was tuff being so sick a your son weddings. After all you put into it. Hope the are doing well and you too. Come back and visit us often. Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    I'll write more later. I just wanted to say welcome back to Sandi. I've missed you and wondered how you were doing. Keep in touch with us, say no to Christmas cookies, and remarkable things will happen to your waistline.
    hugs:heart: Barbie
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am here and I intend to stay!
    stay away from the cookies, stay away from the cookies...........got it!