what was your small win for the day?

Options

Replies

• JulieDive
    JulieDive Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bought A Pair Of Jeans In A Single Digit Size For The 1st Time In 6 Years! WHOO HOO Size 9!!

Cogratulations!!!!
  • danam82
    danam82 Posts: 30
    Options
    I've really struggled with exercising lately, but this morning I got up at 5:30 for the 5th day in a row to exercise. It felt great! I can feel my energy levels and my metabolism rising, bit by bit. :happy:
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a cold and didn't feel like working out last night, but I DID WORKOUT!!! And today my cold feels better!! Very proud of myself!

Ive always said- if you can work thru it- It may or may not be true- but I have often found you can throw a small cold off if you just keep sweating. Well done! Congrats!

I've always said "sweat it out"! it works, really :smile:
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    husband invited me out for lunch today and i declined because i had packed cottage cheese and fruit - it was a nice gesture, i know, but i have to quit worrying about hurting peoples feelings where food is concerned :wink:
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I told my 8yo daughter I would try to have lunch with her at school today. Got tied up at work so I ended up missing my own lunch to make it by 1pm. Was tempted by a few fast food drive thru's on the way here but decided I'd rather just stay hungry for a while longer.
  • lululucky1
    lululucky1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    lost 1.6 pounds in 1 week!!! losing the summer ice cream belly a week at a time:)
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    I kept up with the speed walkers at the track this morning!! :)
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My small win of the day is that I don't plan to eat out at all. For me that's huge.
  • mamabosha
    Options
    At the beginning of this year, to walk half a block had me short of breath and my back would be screaming. I have been walking to a bus stop each day. I started just going 2 blocks to the nearest bus stop. I then added another 3 blocks to the next bus stop and trying to pick up my speed. Once I was able to do that without stopping to catch my breath, I decided to go farther. Today, I went another 3 blocks to the next bus stop. I did have to stop halfway, but I did it.
  • clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    I got my daughter one of those yummy fruit pies but it was apple caramel and she didn't like it and before I tempted myself to eat it i threw it away! I love those things, but I wasn't gonna dig it out of the trash and my fitness conscience knew that. lol.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I came home from meeting a client a 2 hour drive away and was actually craving a piece of knäckebröd with peanutbutter instead of something less healthy. It was yummy.
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My co worker ordered a bunch of Pizza for lunch. I declined and stuck to my salad. Win!
  • sicilysclover
    Options
    At the beginning of this year, to walk half a block had me short of breath and my back would be screaming. I have been walking to a bus stop each day. I started just going 2 blocks to the nearest bus stop. I then added another 3 blocks to the next bus stop and trying to pick up my speed. Once I was able to do that without stopping to catch my breath, I decided to go farther. Today, I went another 3 blocks to the next bus stop. I did have to stop halfway, but I did it.

What a great idea! Go you!
  • sicilysclover
    Options
    Lost 3 lbs since I started 2 wks ago. I'm so impatient. Thought I should be further along. But, I heard somewhere "slow and steady wins the race." So, I'm now considering it a win! :smile:

I was impatient but the time does go fast I promise! Started about a month ago....was very impatient. But before I knew it one day I turned around and i'm 7 pounds lighter! Can't wait to hit 10 pounds but i've learned patience.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I kind of have 2, but they tie in together- and they start yesterday...I hope this isn't stretching this too far :)

The gym I work out at has poor air conditioning. Wednesday night at Zumba, the gym was 91 degrees by the end of class. It was 99 degrees outside yesterday and just couldn't go back last night. I had a wonderful dinner planned, taking into consideration my workout that was to occur after dinner. I modified my meal so I still fit my calorie goals and instead of having a rest day today (which is my typical pattern) I'm exercising today instead so I still meet my 5-6 times a week at the gym. Hopefully the downright chilly 85 degree temps today have the gym a lot cooler!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My hip bones have made a reappearance!!!! Just two little bumps, one on either side of the soft swell of my belly when I lay on my back. Welcome back friends...

Mine have too! It is such a great feeling! :-) Congrats!!

Me too! and my collarbone... I was joking to my mom that I am finding bones I never knew I had :laugh:
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I bought two timbits (mini donuts) this morning and my dog found them in my purse. needless to say, I didn't have any donuts this morning.
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    2 inches off the hips!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Went to fill up my car on my lunch break, wanted to run in to the convenience store and get a soft drink but it doesn't 'fit' today....almost did it, but I resisted. Win!
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I got into my Lucky size 12 jeans! They are not wearable too much muffin top but they did up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!