Ladies 5'5" to 5'6" goal size

Options

Replies

• Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Though it has been years since I was that thin, I would say it all depends on preference and bone structure. For me, when I was last 140 pounds, I could have poked someone's eye out with my collar bone. At 160 I look healthy, but not thin. I have a large caboose. I had to buy two piece suits in separates my entire way through my teens because of it.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", currently weigh 119. Ideally I'd like to lose a few more pounds to get leaner, visible abs is my ultimate goal. My bf is currently 22, but I'd like to be in the 17-18 range. I have a small frame so I don't carry extra weight well.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 5 and my goal is 120. I have a large rear and chest but a small waist and small bones. I'm a mutant. But I'll be happy with 130 if I can't hit 120.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    There's so many variables from person to person, and even in the same person at different times in her life.

I'm 5'5 and about 134 pounds now. I wear a size 2 or 4 for the most part.

Ten years ago, I was 120 pounds. Here's side by side then and now. Other than my arms not being skinny little noodles any more, I don't think I look any bigger. I think my waist looks significantly smaller. Any article of clothing I have from then fits fine now.

P6170004-copy.jpg

At 30, I didn't exercise and didn't have much lean muscle. 120 pounds wasn't too skinny then, but I wasn't terribly healthy, either.

Now, I run 3x a week and lift weights 2-3x a week. I have a lot more lean muscle. I don't think I could get to 120 without cutting off a limb.
    It's amazing that you actually look thinner at the pic on right, just goes to show that the number on the scale is deceiving. You look amazing.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", currently weigh 119. Ideally I'd like to lose a few more pounds to get leaner, visible abs is my ultimate goal. My bf is currently 22, but I'd like to be in the 17-18 range. I have a small frame so I don't carry extra weight well.

Do you know what your BF% is right now? Because 119 seems pretty lean already for 5'5".
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" medium build and thought my goal weight was 140 - when I reached that I decided 130 would make me happier. So I'm aiming between 125 and 130 currently. I also thought size 8 jeans was my goal size, but I'm almost in a 6 now and think a comfy 6 would make me happiest. BTW I haven't worn a 6 EVER I swear I was born a bigger size.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options

Do you know what your BF% is right now? Because 119 seems pretty lean already for 5'5".
    I'm relying on my scale, but the last reading at the gym again considering if it's accurate was 22.
  • simbaxleigh
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. I know that the number on the scale isn't important as muscle weighs more than fat etc etc, but it's sometimes hard to remember that when you're looking at the scale and in the mirror wishing for a much lower number. I'm 5'5.5" and currently at about 125. I'm a super pear shape with a large bottom and a really tiny top. My midsection is defined, but there is definitely some flab that can be eliminated. My goal is to be around 115, or whatever the number is once I get flatter and firmer. I'm a size 4/6 typically, but I'd like to be a 2/4. I'm content with how I look in clothes, but during bikini season not so much.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and right now my goal is 160. Once I get to that I will see if I want to lose more and adjust my goal from there.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 7 and my goal is 150. This will mean a size 6 for me. I might reevaluate once I am there
  • Chenry18
    Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I want to start an accountability group, for all us women who want to touch base and stay on track. The support I've found works wonders!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    checking in. Thanks OP for thread. I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 151-153 size 8-10. I set my goal weight at 130 which is smaller than what I was in high school when I started gaining weight. I weighed 136 and was in great shape playing volleyball but I also started forming really bad eating habits so I probably could've been smaller. I'm aiming for 130-135 but I'm mostly concerned with getting down to 140 to start. Not sure if 120-125 would be too tiny. I want to be fit and toned more than skinny and I know muscle weighs more than fat.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I want to start an accountability group, for all us women who want to touch base and stay on track. The support I've found works wonders!

wanna make a MFP group? May be easier since all of us are already on the site.
  • willowdragonfly
    willowdragonfly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and have a medium frame.I am very pear shape as well and carry most of my weight in my bum and thighs...which is undoubtedly where the last bit of weight I want to lose is clinging to lol.I am currently at 132 lbs and im thinking I may try to go as low as the low 120's before I start trying to put on some muscle mass,15 years of starvation diets have wreaked havoc on the amount of muscle I have.But after adding some muscle and maybe gaining back a little fat as well my ideal weight im striving for is somewhere between 124-127.
  • 94kelly
    94kelly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i'm 5"6 currently 154 ish? i want to get down to 135 ultimately xx
  • lisajtubs
    lisajtubs Posts: 62
    Options
    I am just shy of 5'6" and my goal would be to be about 125lb of lean muscle. However, i do not think that I have the willpower to acheive this goal, I have another 16lbs to go
  • thinkbean
    thinkbean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    my goal is 129-135

I figure once I get down to 135 I'll reevaluate. I know I looked good when I was at 135 before and I think that's more realistic for my body shape (I'm naturally very curvy). I'm 143 right now with measurements 38-28-40.. losing another 2 inches everywhere is what I'm more focussed on :)

Same goal here! 135 and then I will reevaluate. I am at 147 and approximately 36-27-41...I am a cursed pear shape with serious genetics in that category.
  • thinkbean
    thinkbean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd be in! It has been a lonely few weeks, lol.
  • farmbaby
    farmbaby Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I haven't been below 200 since junior high!

My goal weight is 165 and I have no idea what that will be in jeans or clothing size in general. I have a large build with a 42 F chest (which I'm sure will shink at least a little as I continue to lose weight.)

My hope is that I will be able to drop to a size 8 jeans...single digits would be awesome! I really just want to be able to shop at a "normal" store...no more Lane Bryant/Avenue/Torrid type places!

I know how you feel. I am 5'5" and haven't seen below 200 for about 3 years now. As a result of my obese weight, I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety and sometimes don't even leave my house because I don't want people to see me and judge. Recently, I found out that my bra size had jumped from a 54 DD to a 50 Triple D (not sure how that happened but it did. And I will never forget that day as I had to go to a "Fat girl" store to buy a new bra.

I was so ashamed of myself that I ran back to the comforts of home and binged on snack foods. My weight loss goal is to drop down to 155 and it's been a real struggle but I know I can do it. I may fall on my face sometimes, but I'll get back up again and start all over again.
  • midnightjogger
    midnightjogger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 5.5 inches. My goal is to be 133lb. This is my weight I have always been comfortable at. By the way I am large boned.