Ladies 5'5" to 5'6" goal size

Options

Replies

• carolbearr
    Options
    i don't know..
    I'm 5'5'', weigh 129, my waist size is 28'' and i wear a 5/7 pants size in the US.
    I kind of feel fat all the time so I'm not sure what to think, and I really want to do something about it. Maybe getting to 120 will help my self esteem get just a bit higher.
    My BMI is 21.5 and my Body fat % is 23% I think..
    but I'm not exactly sure what to think anymore. Society taught me that a very skinny, thin look was the right look... but maybe at least an hourglass figure would help me not cringe every time I look at myself. Maybe.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    5'5" and my goal is 170 - 160
  • speakeasyyy
    speakeasyyy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 with a medium build and my goal weight is 57kg/125lbs although it depends how I look when i get there
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm little over 5'6, small to medium built, hour glass shape, current weight is 137, wish to come to 127. Below this I look anorexic and I love my curves.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i fail to understand how being a certian size is important. being a certain weight is not important, not if your main goal is
    to have a lean, healthy body. how much you weigh and what size you are will be will vary so much between 10 different people, there's really no point in comparing. base your goals on yourself, your own progress.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    We compare because we are human. Social animals, if you like. It's not rare someone's body image is so distorted we need others to tell what is right and what is wrong. I'm sure everybody has seen topics were 5'9 119lbs girl is asking how to loose another 10 pounds in five weeks.
  • Kushy8
    Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" with a large frame and very muscular build naturally. My target weight is 150 which is considered the upper end of normal for my height. With the muscle and large frame, I'd look too skinny if I got much smaller than that. Oh, and I'm a pear.
  • chantelle0312
    chantelle0312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    im im 5ft5.5 lol and im 141lb and my goal is 130lb or 125 not too much i dont want to loose my bust so far so good mostly from the waist so i hope this continues
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.75" so I'm nearly 5'6" and I have a medium to small build..... I'm a pear shape so maybe I'm a small build on top and medium build on bottom?... LOL I wasn't sure if 130 was too high of a weight goal? Would I even look good/healthy at 120? Or is it even possible for me to shrink down to a size 2/4? I am about 24% body fat currently @ 140 pounds and would like to get to 18% body fat....or less.

What is you body fat % goal? Weight goal? Jeans size goal? .... I'm trying to get realistic ideas of what I should aim for.

Thanks

I'm going for 137.
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    I am 5.5 and when I was 18 I was 140. I was quite toned and had strong legs and big boobs. I think I looked quite hot, now that I reflect on it (hinsight is an amazing thing). So my happy goal is 140, but I am going to try and get below that like maybe 125 and see if I can slim down the legs. If the legs don't slim and the rest of me does, I will stop, as I looked good at 140 minus my chunky legs. And I was around a size 10 uk.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 135. I have 22% body fat and I wear sizes 3/4 and 5/6. My goal is to wear size 1/2 and have 16% body fat. According to most online calculators, I will weigh around 125 pounds when I am at my goal. Currently, my middle is mushy with no ab definition. I have no doubt that I will be at my goal size when I see my abs.
  • icesk8r711
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and around 130-135...
    Depending on the brand, I can fit into size 1-7....
    I have a small frame.
    I still look very chubby though :p Goal is about 115
    My younger sister is my height, but is around 105 lb. She looks skinny, but not as muscular as me.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7' and my goal is 110lbs, size 0-2, 23.5-24" waist.
  • necolong1014
    Options
    I am between 5'5" and 5'6" and just went to the doctor who said he did not want me to go below like 130 and max at 140 I am 159.6 now so I still have work to do. I have huge hips and I have even had doctors go "wow, your hips are really wide" they measured the bone alone and it's 18" wide so I will never be smaller than that! That is just the front measurement of the bone. So I have a huge bottom half and big bones everywhere. The smallest I have ever been is now and I am a 10/12 so like a 11? I am too small around my waist for 12's and too wide at the hip for 10's I have never tried a 8 but I doubt I could squeeze into a 8. I am a classic spoon shape. I wish I could get into those smaller sizes but now I am just going to try to be where my doctor says I should be. Even if I only lose 10 or 15 more pounds I know I have come so far so I don't really care what others think about what I look like because I still pick up my clothes and can't believe I can wear them. I can't tell you the crying I have done in department stores because I can wear the size I am now. I think the best weight you can be is the one you can be proud of.
  • ktroiano1983
    ktroiano1983 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My goal is 154 -- just enough to get my BMI "normal." Then I'll go from there...
  • erkerns
    erkerns Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is 150.

I'm lucky in that I'm not apple shaped or pear shaped... My bf says I'm shaped like a bottle of Coca-Cola, haha. I have a medium/large frame and have gotten down to 165 in the recent past and looked fabulous, so I think 150 is as low as I need to go. Even my Drs have told me that they don't think I can be 130... they always underestimate my weight if they try to judge by looking at me. In college I got down to 147 and was a size 9 in american junior's pants.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". I have a very large build. My ultimate goal is 150.
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal is 125. It really depends on what you want to go for with your size. If you want to be slim, but healthy somewhere around 120-130 would be a good goal, but if you feel more comfortable with more weight on, something a bit higher would be better.
  • jajsmom
    jajsmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same height at you. In my teens, early 20's I was 110-118lbs and everyone said I was too skinny. I'm 42 now and have 6 kids, youngest being 2. After my 5th I was up to 134. Gained about 50lbs during my 6th pregnancy. Finally got down to 140's. My goal was 125. Last week, I hit 122. I like where I am now. Been doing T25. I just want to tighten the abs and get a slight 6 pack. Having trouble doing that. But I like 125 tops for me at this height.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" (after saying for years that I was 5'5.5", it turns out I'm 6" smdh) and my original goal was 140. Now I'm at 150 and I'm like, "Maybe a little more." So I've reset my ticker for 130 (which I think might be too much) and I will reconsider at 140.

My avatar is a picture of me a few years ago, at 142, after running my first marathon.