Ladies 5'5" to 5'6" goal size

Options

Replies

• Mookz0r
    Mookz0r Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and got down to 136lbs after I was very ill - I hated how gaunt my body looked and my friends said I looked terrible (in the nicest possible way!) - I'd lost all my gentle curves and my hands and face looked bony.

I know there's not much in it, but my happy weight (or rather the weight that corresponds to me feeling great) is between 140-145, which is what I'm aiming for - only 3lb to go!
  • vedahanks
    vedahanks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy with 145 but would rather 140. 145 was my wedding weight 5 years ago.
  • antigone23
    antigone23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently about 175. I'm apple shaped with a large bust and wear size 12 jeans. My first goal is to lose the remaining 10 lbs of baby weight. My second goal is to get back down to my pre-sedentary job weight, which was 145. I wore size 8 at that point. I think fat loss/muscle gain is more important than the numbers on the scale though.
  • Jac118
    Options
    I'm nearly 5'7" - around 128 pounds right now but gained a couple pounds once I started Insanity that I'm hoping will go away again. I wear a size XS or 2 (well a 0 with all this vanity sizing in the U.S.) and am at a 17.5% body fat. My goal weight is 125 as I was told by several people that I was "too skinny" when I was around 121. Although, I'm happy where I am right now as long as I stop gaining!
  • inkedlady88
    Options
    I'm 5'5" with a small pear-shaped frame . My happy weight is 118-125. I'm at 124 right now and am pretty happy being back within my "happy range". The lowest I've ever dipped down to was 112 ( that was after a long-term relationship had ended and I had a serious bout with depression). I looked horrible when I was that small. I was just getting back to eating meat as I had been a vegetarian for several years and started college (one of my classes was a fitness class), and had just gone through an unexpected breakup with my ex. Everyone was concerned about me and opening asked me if I was anorexic or bulimic. Luckily I started putting on some muscle from that fitness class and my weight picked up a little bit.Now fast forward 7 years, I'm wearing around a juniors size 5 in jeans or a misses 2/4 (depending on the cut) & tops are now a XS/S. I'm not really sure what my BF% is right now as I don't have calipers and my scale doesn't calculate BF. I imagine it's rather low as I'm more on the muscular side now than when I was at the low end of my happy range.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 (just under) and my goal is set at 151. I don't have a large build but I have wide hips and I've always weighed heavier than I look and am as strong as a horse (well, I used to be!). I'll be happy wherever my body wants to stop losing weight, but the lowest I would go would be 140, which is hard to imagine right now! MFP suggests 114-145. The top of the range would be ok but the bottom would be very unhealthy for me. I've seen my mom at that weight and she looked close to death (sorry Mom!).
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Age 41, 5'5", weight ranges from 115-118 if I'm working at it. I'm happy if I'm under 120 (I have a small frame. I measured my wrist the other day and it's 5.5 inches). It's clear that everyone carries their weight differently because I've seen plenty of women that are my height and weigh over 140 and look incredible.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I think 120 is too light even if you are all muscle.

Yeah, I agree with you! But someone full of muscles will weigh MORE than 120. To each their own for sure, but it disturbs me how thin everyone is or wants to be, and the MFP BMI really supports the ultra thin goals too (my range is ridiculous). Contrary to what we've learned from the media and insurance recommendations, 120 lbs for 5'6" isn't a healthy goal for many people. In my opinion, as always, so no need to attack! :flowerforyou:
  • Snuffle0107
    Options
    I am 5'6" my goal was 140, but I am happy at 145. People tell me I look smaller than I weigh (probably because I am more muscle less fat). I just recently dropped to a size 4. I started focusing on strength training and toning so even though I have only lost 6 pounds in the last 2 months I dropped inches and went from size 8 to a size 4.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.75, so I always round up to 5'5. Currently 125.8lbs. 28.4%BF or more, idek anymore. But I'm pretty chubby. I'm a small framw with a figure 8 build, so I carry most of my weight in my tummy & love handles. Have some in inner thighs and upper arms. My waist is small, but my belly pokes out. I'm wear a size 6 and I can get in a size 4 comfortably, but it gives me horrible muffin top cuz of my stupid love handles. They're real sensitive so I have to wear my clothing real loose.
    I wanna b 115-120lbs with 17 or so % BF. I have a LONG way to go on my body fat *sigh* I would like to be in a size 2 or smaller pants.
  • alawilliams
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 37 years old. I have had three kids(one set of twins in there) and have fluctuated with my weight for years. I personally liked 150-160 best. still had some curves and such but was a comfortable 6-8. I am apple shaped, no doubt, and probably a medium frame. I have never done the type of exercising I am now so I have no idea really exactly what my weight goal is to be honest. In my mind 160 seems a decent number to shoot for though. Good luck!

Really? I was a size 12 when I weighed 160! :-/ That's the pear shape I guess. grrr
    [/quote

I am currently 182 lbs and a comfortable sz 12. I am 5 5 3/4 and I am shooting for 160 (I've been to 155 before and I was a sz 8). I am an apple shape too... I just wished I could get the gut off.... UGH
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    I am 5'6 and right now my goal weight is 170 because I have no idea what I will look like at that size. If I am healthy going lower, I will. I have broad shoulders and want to avoid that "V" shape.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.75" so I'm nearly 5'6" and I have a medium to small build..... I'm a pear shape so maybe I'm a small build on top and medium build on bottom?... LOL I wasn't sure if 130 was too high of a weight goal? Would I even look good/healthy at 120? Or is it even possible for me to shrink down to a size 2/4? I am about 24% body fat currently @ 140 pounds and would like to get to 18% body fat....or less.

What is you body fat % goal? Weight goal? Jeans size goal? .... I'm trying to get realistic ideas of what I should aim for.

Thanks
    Weight: 120 lbs
    Height: 5'6.5
    Shape: pear (12 inch difference between my waist and my butt)
    Waist: 24 inches
    Butt: 36 inches
    Pants Size: I wear sizes 4 to 9 since I'm a pear depending on where the waist lays...can't remember the last time I went near a size 2. I use to be a size 3 in high school but I was a teenager who everyone assumed was anorexic (danced a million times a week, very active).
    Shirt: Anywhere from XXS to L depending on the length and who makes them
    Dress: 4 usually...the one and only thing that seems consistent
    Body fat %: is hard to measure accurately. I'm assuming I'm somewhere near or under the 20 mark (hopefully haha). For stats see profile. I don't feel like investing in calibers because they can be all over the place.

30758_10152123050955607_1626233520_n.jpg
    429921_10152121867500607_837736646_n.jpg

If we wanted to start talking inches, then the more muscular you are the slimmer you'll be. When I hit goal my waist was several inches larger, since I've started exercising it's gotten slimmer, but I'm the same weight :)
  • alameda9
    Options
    I think we all have to consider the amount of muscle we carry. 130 for someone can look the same as 140 on someone else who is more toned and muscular. My goal (at 5'6"/age 54) was 148 which formerly got me into a size 6 pants, but since working hard with weight training after having to give up running, I think I'll be able to adjust that to 155. My body is changing shape fast. Don't focus on a number--pick your favorite outfits and make that the goal.
  • jilaneeFthomas
    Options
    I am 5'6 with a pear/medium build. My Doc wants me at 150-155lbs. My lowest weight was 126lbs and most people told me I looked sick. So I definitely look better with a little more weight. But to be honest, I just want to be healthy.
  • wanderlust23
    Options
    I'm 5'6
    My current weight is 132 lbs and my goal weight is around 125lbs :)
    I'm an american size 4 currently.
  • PabloandDiego
    Options
    Wow this thread is so interesting! I'm 5'6 1/2 130lbs 36-26-37 I'd like to lose at least 5 pounds before my wedding in 2 months. I'm currently a UK size 10, occasionally 12 on the bottom depending on the shop!
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    Yeah, it is definitely interesting to see the various goals. I am 5'6" and my goal is 140, because that's around what I weighed just out of high school, so it feels an attainable goal for me (although when I started I originally set a goal of 180.)

We'll see how I look at 140, I have an hourglass bodyshape.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is 130 and then re-evaluate. Might go down to 125. I'm 160ish now and in a size 9.
  • sapph1rre
    sapph1rre Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5' at the moment I'm 163, working towards 140.