Favorite Quotes by whoever!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    The old repeat themselves and the young have nothing to say. The boredom is mutual. -- Jacques Bainville
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    When a man is young he is so wild he is insufferable. When he is old he plays the saint and becomes insufferable again. -- Nikolai Gogol
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Not everyone grows to be old, but everyone has been younger than he is now. -- Evelyn Waugh
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Youth is a time when we find the books we give up but do not get over. -- Lionel Trilling
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Youth is a period of missed opportunities. -- Cyril Connolly
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    In youth we run into difficulties. In old age difficulties run into us. -- Beverly Sills
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Be thou dilligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. -- Proverbs 27:23
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I know collectors with 40,000 bottles who if you poured them a glass of Gallo Hearty Burgundy wouldn't know the difference. -- Robert M. Parker JR.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Collectors would purchase work about people whom they would probably never have a relationship with, but are safe for them to admire from a distance. -- Andres Serrano
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I was tired of painting. So my collectors bought paintings and locked them in bank vaults. The stained glass windows allowed me to make public art. -- Marcelle Ferron
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Paperbacks blink in and out of print like fireflies.They also, as older collectors have ruefully discovered, fade and fall apart even more rapidly than their owners. -- Paul Gray
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I do not look with favor on the collecting of first editions and autographs, but it is a vice which is sometimes found in otherwise virtuous persons. -- A.E. Housman
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    He was the world's only armless sculptor. He put the chisel in his mouth and his wife hit him on the back of the head with a mallet. -- Fred Allen
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    All the arts in America are a gigantic racket run by unscrupulous men for unhealthy women. -- Thomas Beecham
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    You begin with a group of objects and then build a room like a glove to hold them. -- Gaillard Ravenel
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    You know it's not a good wax museum when there are wicks coming out of people's heads. -- Rick Reynolds
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I'd asked 10 or 15 people for suggestions. Finally one lady friend asked the right question: "What do you love most?" That's how I started painting money. -- Andy Warhol
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Art is about making something out of nothing and selling it. -- Frank Zappa
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    You can't lock up art in a vault and keep it frozen for posterity. Then the artist is betrayed, history is betrayed. -- Walter Persegati