Favorite Quotes by whoever!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    "I think, therefore I am" is the statement of an intellectual who underrates toothaches. -- Milan Kundera
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The intellect is a very nice whirligig toy, but how people take it seriously is more than I can understand. -- Ezra Pound
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    A highbrow is the kind of person who looks at a sausage and thinks of Picasso. -- A.P. Herbert
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Intellect does not attain its full force until it attacks power. -- Madame De Stael
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Consciousness is a disease. -- Miguel De Unamuno
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Intellectual passion drives out sensuality. Leonardo Da Vinci
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Our dignity is not in what we do but what we understand. The whole world is doing things. -- George Santayana
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Scholarship is polite argument. -- Philip Rieff
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    On his career: Only in show business could a guy with a C-minus average be considered an intellectual. -- Mort Sahl
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    There are some things only intellectuals are crazy enough to believe. -- George Orwell
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    What luck for rulers that men do not think. -- Adolf Hitler
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    We've no use for intellectuals in this outfit. What we need is chimpanzees. Let me give you a word of advice: never say a word to us about being intelligent. We will think for you, my friend. Don't forget it. -- Louis Ferdinand Celine
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    In the U.S. you have to be a deviant or exist in extreme boredom. Make no mistake, all intellectuals are deviants in the U.S. -- William S. Burroughs
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    It's the job of intellectuals and writers to cast doubt on perfection. -- Antonio Tabucchi
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you. -- Roger Ebert
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The intellectual is engage` he is pledged, committed, enlisted. What everyone else is willing to admit., namely that ideas and abstractions are of signal importance in human life, he imperatively feels. --Richard Hofstadter
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them. -- Albert Einstein
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish. -- Proverbs 12:1
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I don't mind sleeping on an empty stomach provided it isn't my own. -- Philip Simborg