Favorite Quotes by whoever!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    If Venice sinks, my collection should be preserved somewhere in the vicinity of Venice. -- Peggy Guggenheim
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The public history of modern art is the story of conventional people not knowing what they are dealing with. -- Robert Motherwell
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Certainly we the Muse`e d'Orsay have bad paintings. We have only the "greatest" bad paintings. -- Francoise Cachin
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. -- Psalms 101:6
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Bureaucracy, the rule of no one, has become the modern form of despotism. -- Mary Mccarthy
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Bureaucracy is not an obstacle to democracy but an inevitable complement to it. -- Joseph Schumpeter
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    It seems to me that there must be an ecological limit to the number of paper pushers the earth can sustain, and that human civilization will collapse when the number of, say , tax lawyers exceeds the world's total population of farmers, weavers, fisherpersons and pediatric nurses. -- Barbara Ehrenreich
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is inefficiency. An efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to liberty. -- Eugene Mccarthy
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Poor fellow, he suffers from files. -- Aneurin Bevan
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Bureaucrats: they are dead at 30 and buried at 60. -- Frank Lloyd Wright
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Man is the only animal that laughs and has a state legislature. -- Samuel Butler
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Bureaucratic time, which is slower than geologic time but more expensive than time spent with Madame Claude's girls in Paris. -- P.J O'Rourke
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Guidelines for bureaucrats:
    1. When in charge, ponder.
    2. When in trouble, delegate.
    3. When in doubt, mumble.
    -- James Boren
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. -- Wernher Von Braun
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned. -- Milton Friedman
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I do not rule Russia, 10,000 clerks do. -- Nicholas I
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    On Soviet bureaucrats: They dont' ask much of you. They only want you to hate the things you love and to love the things you hate. -- Boris Pasternak
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Bureaucrats write memoranda both because they appear to be busy when they are writing and because the memos, once written, immediately become proof that they were busy. -- Charles Peters
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork. -- Peter De Vries
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quitness and assurance forever. -- Isaiah 32:17