Concealing & carrying pistols while running/working out

Options

Replies

• gendril
    Options
    So happy I live in Denmark ... my only worry might be hit by a car when jogging. Its mind boggling that you even have to consider carrying a gun and i even live right next to a Hellsangels "fort" who btw helps the lady next door with heavy lifting. Not kidding!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Dear God, running with knives and guns?!?!? What?!?

I am very glad I live in Europe!

me too. scary stuff for sure!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten my concealed carry gun license yet. I'd need to be 21 before I could use it, anyways lol :)

If you don't feel safe, carry a gun or pepper spray. I carry pepper spray, and I have a pocket knife but it isn't the biggest...Wouldn't help much.

I will be carrying a large screw driver in my purse to college because they don't allow you to carry weapons . It's legal and it's still protection for me.

I would suggest finding an arm band to carry the gun with... They have iPod cases like that, I'm sure you could find something online!

Better safe than sorry, as always. You could always go to the gym too ^_^ Indoors...
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    oops it posted twice
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I have 2 back scabards for my pump action shotguns. If you've seen Woody Harrelsons character in Zombieland, you'll know what I mean.. You hardly know that they are there when you're out running.
    Taking the Run Zombies app to the next level, eh?
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Canada:
    http://www.canada.com/travel/Longueuil+cops+seek+suspect+after+female+runner+assaulted/6860058/story.html

FYI, all of you who live in a "safe" area: you don't. It is not like there are anti-crazies force fields that repel nutsos. You live in an area where crime is LESS likely to happen perhaps, but nothing is guaranteed.

<--- lived in a very small village in UK and was assaulted while running. First crime there in many years. Not impossible, was just improbable.

Edit: And I wear a Nathan reflective vest with a thing of mace in it. Oh and I run with a Rottweiler. She may not stop a bulllet, but most people don't want to get close enough to her to find out if she bites.
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yeah, nothing bad ever happens to people in Europe and Canada. Nothing. Ever.
    Well of course bad things happen to people in Europe and Canada. Bad things happen everywhere, but I have never, ever heard of anyone carrying a weapon whilst they were jogging - that's insane. The cops over here don't even carry guns so why should I if I'm out jogging?

The wolves are out there. You're either a sheep, or a sheepdog. Your choice.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    For the Canadians and Europeans who cannot fathom running with a gun...

I live in the country. My neighbor is 1.5 miles away. I have seen alligator on the road, had dogs attacked by bobcats, and cattle dragged off by black bear. I have a 4 year old that sometimes runs with me. What would you suggest I carry? A knife? A taser? I don't want to give these things the opportunity to get that close.

Don't judge.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Yeah, nothing bad ever happens to people in Europe and Canada. Nothing. Ever.

In the UK you would be arrested for carrying, well if you are a law abiding citizen anyway.

Andy
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I all of a sudden feel really good about my neighborhood.

One of my friends use to run with one of those collapsible batons, those things can do some damage.

Baton-Display.jpg
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have 2 back scabards for my pump action shotguns. If you've seen Woody Harrelsons character in Zombieland, you'll know what I mean.. You hardly know that they are there when you're out running.
    Taking the Run Zombies app to the next level, eh?

And it makes me feel really BadA$$ :laugh:
  • ProfessorStayPuft
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. I live in Canada too.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I all of a sudden feel really good about my neighborhood.

One of my friends use to run with one of those collapsible batons, those things can do some damage.

Baton-Display.jpg

That's a good idea!
  • ProfessorStayPuft
    Options
    For the Canadians and Europeans who cannot fathom running with a gun...

I live in the country. My neighbor is 1.5 miles away. I have seen alligator on the road, had dogs attacked by bobcats, and cattle dragged off by black bear. I have a 4 year old that sometimes runs with me. What would you suggest I carry? A knife? A taser? I don't want to give these things the opportunity to get that close.

Don't judge.

Pepper spray? A baton/large stick? I think guns and knives may be a little excessive, especially if you're running with your daughter.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I carry a little 380 when I run. I don't have any trouble with it feeling uncomfortable. I wear running tanks with built in bras which are a perfect place to slide it in - I know this won't help you. I think they have belts. I haven't had any issues so far but there are wild hogs where i run. I realize a .380 would just piss them off, but at least it is something.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Why conceal?

Carry open and avoid the problems you describe, and the problem to begin with.

Seriously.

A) Not always an option
    2) Easier to carry a light small pocket pistol for running than something bigger that would "need" to be open carried
    III) NOT to get into this old and tired debate, but open carry doesn't always avoid problems to begin with. Sometimes it can create a problem
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Try a shoulder holster with a small 380 or revolver. Should get your point accross if you find it necessary, but isn't obtrusive. I carry and have a concealed carry permit. My gun goes with me everywhere. It lives in my truck while I am in the gym though.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Ruger LCP .380 you can tuck it just about anywhere
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Ruger LCP .380 you can tuck it just about anywhere

Hnnnnnnnggg!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Not judging. Just it's illegal in the UK to carry a weapon. We may speak ( sort of) the same language but it's posts like this that make me realise how different our lives can be.