Blaming TOM (please stop)

Options

Replies

• LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Yay for reason & kindness!
    This thread is pathetic.. gotta love other women judging other people. Who gives a f? You make women look bad all by yourself. Do your own thing and mind your business..

I'm not even one of those women who turn to chocolate before my period but I thought I would post that there is a link between many women eating a bit more before their period. Some women actually that extra fuel in order to have their periods
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't blame TOM for my eating I do blame it for my 2-3lbs weight gain of bloat! cause at end of TOM I normally loose those 2-3lbs plus another pound.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I think people who think that a woman should be in her right mind when she can feel pieces of her internal organ shedding itself out by way of violent contraction need to shut up and start carving out their own abdomen with a rusty spoon.

Do that for four days and then tell me how badly you want a cinnamon roll.

Other women who take the piss with other women about not sucking it up on their period are the worst. Look. lady, you know the biological process of what's going on. So help a sista out and give her uterus lining some sympathy. Some of us can feel that lining falling out of our trapper keepers, you know. Hard.

Full. Blown. Crush.

I am generally starving for a couple days during the whole mess. I do allow myself to eat more...usually healthy. I try *not* to eat an entire tub of ice cream, but if it happens, it happens.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Did you TOM make you post that?!

(ducks behind keyboard and shivers a little)

I'm just glad that was posted by a female and not a guy. Otherwise, the internet would've just melted.. =]

A woman posting it doesn't make it any less misogynistic.
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think I must be strange here at that time I'm just not hungry for food, just energy red bull and coffee - I always crave that but during that time of I don't fall asleep. Yeh they are not good. My friends the same, even sad or stressed I can't eat. To bad my my body isn't that easy to please the rest of the time haha.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    When my uterus is throwing a f******ing fit (like it is right now) I will enjoy a darn yummy snack. Why? Because I am a women that is forced to bleed and cramp and be sad for 7 days out of EVERY month. Darn it.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I think people who think that a woman should be in her right mind when she can feel pieces of her internal organ shedding itself out by way of violent contraction need to shut up and start carving out their own abdomen with a rusty spoon.

Other women who take the piss with other women about not sucking it up on their period are the worst. Look. lady, you know the biological process of what's going on. So help a sista out and give her uterus lining some sympathy. Some of us can feel that lining falling out of our trapper keepers, you know. Hard.

Full. Blown. Crush.

I am generally starving for a couple days during the whole mess. I do allow myself to eat more...usually healthy. I try *not* to eat an entire tub of ice cream, but if it happens, it happens.

YES!! Thank YOU! You say this PERFECTLY!
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Lmao.. im supposed to stop blaming TOM for me not exercising. Durng my TOM I am screaming in pain, fainting when I try to stand (or even crawl), have massive fevers, and im vomiting constantly. Im sorry if that makes other women sound weak when I dont exercise with my TOM. Gee no TOM cant possibly make me do anything but buy tampons. Just because you were blessed with a TOM that doesnt mess you up, doesnt mean that you have to attack others who were not so lucky. If my 103F fever cooked brain wants ice cream, I will eat that ice cream (though it will likely come back up because everything does). Lets see you try to think straight when all of your concentration is focused on staying upright and not giving into the dark edges of the tunnel vision threatening your ability to stay conscious.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I will blame whomever I want when I am shedding my mother f**king UTERUS LINING AND BLEEDING LIKE A STUCK PIG. LEAVE ME ALONE.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I will blame whomever I want when I am shedding my mother f**king UTERUS LINING AND BLEEDING LIKE A STUCK PIG. LEAVE ME ALONE.

AHAHAHA! :laugh: Far be it from me to dissuade you. I've been known to blame my cats, lol! In a rage. An impotent rage, spurned from the bed where I try to keep my lady flood from turning my gray blankets to a sticky red, but I so get that!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    it's an old thread, but if the OP is still reading.... i'll just add----

do some research on the affects of hormones on your ability to control cravings....... and just how influential your hormones/ endocrine system are in your ability to lose weight. oh, and why you retain fluid and might experience PMS......

it's very interesting and highly educational :-)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't have any TOM cravings... am I weird?
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    What is TOM?

EDIT: Nevermind. Pieced it together with the other posts about tampons and emotions.

you don't know TOM? Apparently he is quite mean...

He can be evil. Evil I say.
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't know who this TOM guy is, but he sounds like a real douche.

Good god woman, that is priceless.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options

NO. Your period didn't make you do a d*mn thing, except spend $4 on a box of tampons. Stop making women seem pathetic and incapable of rational thought.

LOVE!!

Technically, it didn't make you buy tampons/pads either. Societal expectations to not have blood running down your legs/staining your clothes is what makes you buy the tampons/pads/ (Hey, if we're going to be technical, let's get technical!) :smokin:

Yes, I always eat chocolate for the sake of TOM. :bigsmile:

MY BODY, MY CHOICE! :tongue:

True, but no one in their right mind pays anything close to that for either supply, but then my other obsession is couponing.....
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    This thread is pathetic.. gotta love other women judging other people. Who gives a f? You make women look bad all by yourself. Do your own thing and mind your business..

I'm not even one of those women who turn to chocolate before my period but I thought I would post that there is a link between many women eating a bit more before their period. Some women actually that extra fuel in order to have their periods

^^^ This is perfect ^^^

Why can't some people just STFU about things that do NOT concern their life at all? FFS who cares if someone makes it as an excuse to have that whole pizza/chips/chocolate? Is it going to make YOU get fat? No. SO once again STFU & get over yourselves women. Like really.

BTW my TOM does not make me buy tampons at all. I refuse to have anything foreign placed up there & as far as I know...I'm not made of cotton. I'll use pads thanks.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me think of one of my favourite quotes:

"Your body doesn't care if your mind isn't motivated. Results are the same with or without it. JUST SHOW UP!"

Love this quote!!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I don't have any TOM cravings... am I weird?

I don't have them either, at least not that I've noticed.

I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw this thread.
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I try be a vegetarian, but TOM is a carnivore. It is too scary to try and feed him with lettuce leaves so I let him have his way. I just make it fit my macros!

This! I haven't eaten read meat in over 6 months, and ate a porkchop for dinner!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    This is kind of nonsense. Everyone has a different cycle and reaction during their period (don't feel like referring to this as TOM).

I've had my period since I was 13 and I think by this point, at 28, I know my body. Biologically, every month, five to seven days before my period, I go through some stuff, ok? It's like clockwork. I start craving salty food. Not LOTS AND LOTS but more than usual. Snacking becomes more tempting than usual. Sometimes, I'll just want to snack on something sweet or salty instead of eating a whole meal.

It's not like a plan to react this way, either. Sometimes, I forget about my cycle and when I start feeling this way, I know it's coming soon. I don't use my cycle as an excuse to eat ALL THE THINGS and I think most ladies don't either. Our hormones work in mysterious and magical ways.

Basically, I don't think I (or anyone else) is making the female race look bad by being aware of hormones and their affects on our habits and sometimes indulging them during that time of the month.

Good for you, though!