Blaming TOM (please stop)

Options

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I think if you go round thinking that it is impossible to resist TOM cravings, then of course you will give in to them because you will never properly try to resist. If you think this is not the case then you will resist them because you are convinced that it is easy enough to do so.

Great statement. And very true...
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Question, does anyone else lose steadily while ON their TOM? This happens to me and I can almost count on it every single month happening.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Wow, do you have PMS??
  • TeresaAnne38
    TeresaAnne38 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me think of one of my favourite quotes:

"Your body doesn't care if your mind isn't motivated. Results are the same with or without it. JUST SHOW UP!"
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't blame mine for anything, but my appetite is really increased when I'm on it. It's nice because I rarely have an appetite otherwise. I always expect to gain 4-6 lbs during that time and don't count it and know it's just from bloating or whatever. I love my TOM sometimes because I can actually be hungry and eat.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

On a side note, where are you finding tampons for $4, they're like $7 here. lol

Bahahah, I get the generic CVS ones. Or shop at Costco/BJs/Sam's Club and stock up for, like, the year.

I do that too! 14 bucks for a box of 96. That'll last me a while! :)
    I agree with aneels though - blame for bloating and my now immunity to Midol. Caving to cravings is my own fault. Though I've wanted pizza (a pretty constant craving - no TOM to even blame) for the last three months and have yet to cave. Mostly because I haven't had the time to get GOOD pizza.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I try be a vegetarian, but TOM is a carnivore. It is too scary to try and feed him with lettuce leaves so I let him have his way. I just make it fit my macros!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I just blame TOM for water weight/bloating....but I do give into craving sometimes - but that is all me! :happy:

Me too. And I think I can still "blame" it if I want. So what? :drinker:

By the way, I think there are studies that prove that TOM does trigger appetite and craving on some people. :flowerforyou:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Read this somewhere and laughed. "TOM? How did the guy from Myspace make you eat 12 bars of chocolate?"
  • TeresaAnne38
    TeresaAnne38 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Question, does anyone else lose steadily while ON their TOM? This happens to me and I can almost count on it every single month happening.

Oh I wish.... I typically gain 2-5lbs that week, but it's not from eating more, just water retention because I lose that 2-5lbs plus whatever I actually lost the next week. Major fluctuations in my world :P
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    OP - I agree to not make excuses - if you eat it, you ate it - log it and move on.

However - if the doctors and scientists are to be believed, then there is a hormonal and biological reason that woman (and their brains) may crave sweets and fat before and during TOM. One's willpower also originates in the brain - exactly the place where all these changes happen every month...so is it not logical to consider that our will power to resist these cravings will also be dimished/effected?
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Aren't you all SOOOOOO superior.

Why not try just worring about you?? Is it your time of the month? or is being a judgmental B a day to day state for you all?
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    Thank you!

Of course, I feel the same way about anyone posting about anything "causing" them to eat. Oh, a coworker brought home made goodies, so I had to. I went to dinner with friends, so I had to. It was offered to me, so I had to.

Blah. Unless someone is prying open your mouth and physically shoving the food down your throat, that was a conscious choice you made to eat that food, quit blaming it on everyone else!

I'd like to know too! LOL :)
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've never actually seen anyone say 'TOM made me do it.' But I guess giving one's monthly cycle a boy's name might create a tendency to anthropomorphise it a bit! :-)
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    What is TOM?

EDIT: Nevermind. Pieced it together with the other posts about tampons and emotions.

you don't know TOM? Apparently he is quite mean...

Mean is an understatement! :laugh:

This weekend i will be visited by TOM and as miserable as I will be, i will fully take responsibility for my food and my actions. I will not go over on my daily allowances.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Agreed! It bothers me that women say that as well. Yes, Iron levels are lower due to bleeding so just bump up iron intake and some of those cravings subside. I used to have extreme cramping that would literally bed rest me. (PCOS sufferer here) but now I have gotten healthy the cramps are better. There was days where I was cramping so bad but I was at curves on those damn machines doing the best I could. Period is just an easy state of mind for someone who was thinking about cheating on their diet already. Yes, there are times where the cramps are to the point where I can't ride my bike but I always try to get something done in place of that.
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This post is great! I got a good laugh AND learned about a sale on tampons! It's a win, win!
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Yes, I do :happy:
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Bahahah, I get the generic CVS ones. Or shop at Costco/BJs/Sam's Club and stock up for, like, the year.

I do that too! 14 bucks for a box of 96. That'll last me a while! :)
    I agree with aneels though - blame for bloating and my now immunity to Midol. Caving to cravings is my own fault. Though I've wanted pizza (a pretty constant craving - no TOM to even blame) for the last three months and have yet to cave. Mostly because I haven't had the time to get GOOD pizza.

mmmm pizza!!!!

Damn TOM! :wink:
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options

Oh I wish.... I typically gain 2-5lbs that week, but it's not from eating more, just water retention because I lose that 2-5lbs plus whatever I actually lost the next week. Major fluctuations in my world :P

i'm the same way. i gain about 5lbs within the first couple days with no change in my diet, but I lose it all plus some a couple days after and my clothes fit better cause I'm no longer bloated!