Well that was rather rude !!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Another funny story, When I worked customer service I would always say "have a good day" at the end of a transaction, I had more than one old person bark "DON"T TELL ME WHAT KIND OF DAY TO HAVE" :angry: :huh:

Guess some people might think saying "have a nice day" is being rude. :tongue:
  • aharless720
    Options
    Sorry, but I thought that was funny. Some people just don't get it do they? (I was referring to the biker w/the cat)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I've been raised to be polite and well-mannered but I've experienced that many people have either 'forgotten' the basics or were never taught them in the first place (or possibly they just don't give a crap). Either way it's sad but very typical of the time we live in. I don't think it comment-worthy either - apologies to the OP, but it's just such a typical sight these days that nothing surprises me.

Whatever, it will never stop me from being polite - either holding a door open or thanking the person who does (regardless of whether I'm having a bad day or not). Personally I think the worst are those who trivialise politeness and good manners - really, what the hell is wrong with saying thank you?

P.S. I don't have a horse, high or otherwise. I do have a very small dog if that helps...

I totally agree with you.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Stood there in total shock - wish id not of seen it now and let her lose it x

No you know better, Karma will bring it back to you in the right manner! Great job on doing the right thing.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I hate people like that. Same goes for when I hold the door for someone, no thank you...nothing. Makes me wish I slammed the door in their face.

i always yell your welcome lmao
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    Oh my gosh I honestly would not let it bother me...I have to say this thread is HILARIOUS ha ha ha!!
    I kicked a cat in the street the other day right in front of the kid playing with it.. did he say thanks???? no... so rude.....
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.

Lol what? No. All she said is that she was shocked that she didn't get a thank you. Are you saying that you wouldn't be shocked if you ran after somebodies car to help them in some way or another and they didn't thank you?
    It's called Manors.

i wouldn't be shocked at all. Not in the current world we live in.

Fair enough, if you've lost your faith in humanity then there is no saving you. But please don't imply that people are weak for expecting a simple thank you. You can be the most selfless person on the planet but manors are manors.

I haven't lost faith in humanity. It's the expectation that people have that bugs me. They think it's a right that others should be polite when somebody else is kind. Again, it's an entitlement. Would it have been nice if the lady said thank you? Sure. But like others have said on here, she has no idea what was going on in that lady's life at the moment. She just made the assumption that because she didn't get the thank you she deserved, the lady was rude.

I'm sorry but in the moment if somebody had returned my hand bag I would without doubt say thank you, no matter how much of a bad day I was having.
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.

Lol what? No. All she said is that she was shocked that she didn't get a thank you. Are you saying that you wouldn't be shocked if you ran after somebodies car to help them in some way or another and they didn't thank you?
    It's called Manors.

Fair enough, if you've lost your faith in humanity then there is no saving you. But please don't imply that people are weak for expecting a simple thank you. You can be the most selfless person on the planet but manors are manors.

I haven't lost faith in humanity. It's the expectation that people have that bugs me. They think it's a right that others should be polite when somebody else is kind. Again, it's an entitlement. Would it have been nice if the lady said thank you? Sure. But like others have said on here, she has no idea what was going on in that lady's life at the moment. She just made the assumption that because she didn't get the thank you she deserved, the lady was rude.

MANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!! MANNERS!!!!!!!!

MANORS ARE BIG HOUSES!!!

GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE!!!

Sorry, my spelling is so bad :/
  • ambrwaves27
    Options
    I kicked a cat in the street the other day right in front of the kid playing with it.. did he say thanks???? no... so rude.....

I think I just saw that same kid defecating on your doorstep. . .isnt that thanks enough?! Geesh. :noway:
  • bekinator
    Options

It's called Manors.

MANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!! MANNERS!!!!!!!!

MANORS ARE BIG HOUSES!!!

GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE!!!

lmao YES thank you!!!!!! spelling is a dying art too!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    She'll lose it again.

I forgot my purse on the subway platform once and had to get off at the next stop which was on another island and wait 30 minutes before I was able to get back to the original platform and pray that it was still there. I couldnt breathe.

i got back to the platform and there was this little 20 year old Japanese kid sitting with my purse, waiting awkwardly, hoping he didnt look weird. He waited with my bag for me until i came back. I fell in love with humanity all over again and almost offered to handle his virginity for him. But he got a huge hug and kiss in front of all his homeboys instead.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I work closely with the public. I swear there are a lot of functional, but mentally different people out there. We all put up with loads of nonsense from the every other kid who is diagnosed on the spectrum. Those kids grow up and....act according to what we didn't require of them. Just a theory.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This post is 2 and a half years old...
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    yeah? So, i'm into resurrecting anything that is not "hit it, run from it, marry it" stuff.