What/Who annoys you at the gym

Options
Thewatcher_66
Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
Okay, I know many of you spend time at the gym and you've seen your share of interesting characters. What annoys you while you there? Here's a couple from me

1) People who parked their behinds on one of the weight machines without using them, probably on their cell phones or texting.

2) Folks who make all these obnoxious grunt noises while they are own the elliptical or treadmill. I mean, really. Is all that really necessary?

Replies

• digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I got irritated today for the first time.
    I was on the treadmill and there was a pretty large guy working the dumbbells in front of the mirror.
    We have all seen this guy. He was lifting heavy, grunting, dropping the weights and then, he would flex.
    I had to admit he had BEAUTIFUL long hair that he obviously did not forget to condition.
    But I digress.
    As I was leaving, he was standing by the reception counter and he was *****ing about the music. This gym plays "pop" music. Not my favorite but, it is a good mix for the mixed crowd there.
    He was INSISTING that they play something "harder".
    I stopped, looked at him, and said "You know, your phone doubles as an ipod, right?"
    He said that the headphones get caught up in the weights (I can see that), so I suggested that maybe he hum a tune in his head.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I got irritated today for the first time.
    I was on the treadmill and there was a pretty large guy working the dumbbells in front of the mirror.
    We have all seen this guy. He was lifting heavy, grunting, dropping the weights and then, he would flex.
    I had to admit he had BEAUTIFUL long hair that he obviously did not forget to condition.
    But I digress.
    As I was leaving, he was standing by the reception counter and he was *****ing about the music. This gym plays "pop" music. Not my favorite but, it is a good mix for the mixed crowd there.
    He was INSISTING that they play something "harder".
    I stopped, looked at him, and said "You know, your phone doubles as an ipod, right?"
    He said that the headphones get caught up in the weights (I can see that), so I suggested that maybe he hum a tune in his head.

That's why you get an arm-band and run the headphones in the arm hole of your shirt and out the back of the neck hole.....
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    My trainer had me doing curls in the squat rack today...I told her I needed to move for the next set (I had no idea curls was what she wanted to do when we started).

So I annoyed myself today.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    People that park in the handicapped or the expectant mother parking space...YOU ARE AT THE FRIGGING GYM take the extra ten steps and save those spaces for people that need it!!
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The women at the gym the thinks she has to talk to every guy in there. I'm there to workout not trying to get picked up.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    People that park in the handicapped or the expectant mother parking space...YOU ARE AT THE FRIGGING GYM take the extra ten steps and save those spaces for people that need it!!

especially the handicapped people and pregnant women. They need to walk some more.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

especially the handicapped people and pregnant women. They need to walk some more.

They be rollin'!!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I dislike the man who smells like chicken soup.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Women who have heavy makeup and a lot of jewelry on. And it's apparent they didn't just come from work.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    too much perfume (seriously, it's a gym, I'd actually rather smell stinky leather and b.o. )
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Old men that try to steal my under pants.
    Girls who refuse to sweat during a workout and constantly fix there hair ffs just run and get messy and sweaty.
    Girls who sit on machines talking rather than using them.
    Men that talk to my **** while in the shower.
    People who smell.
    People who wee on the floor and toilet seats.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Curlbros mirin' their mirror muscles

Dudes doing angled-leaning squats in the smith rack with 1/2 ROM (I don't know wtf these moves are called but these guys look ridiculous)

People walking on the treadmill at 1.4mph and gripping the side rails

Curls in the squat rack (this is a given for anybody that actually lifts)

1/4 ROM squats in the squat rack

People that only run on the treadmill when it's a beautiful day outside and there's a nice path less than 1/10 mile down the road

I may post more later...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Old men that try to steal my under pants.

Say wha!?
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    1. Guys who don't re-rack their weights
    2. People who use the weight benches as a)benches to conduct long, rambling conversations or b) places to rest their water while they walk around aimlessly or use the machines.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    1. Guys who don't re-rack their weights
    2. People who use the weight benches as a)benches to conduct long, rambling conversations or b) places to rest their water while they walk around aimlessly or use the machines.

That burns me up when I see weights sitting on the freaking floor. He had enough strength to arm curl them, he should have enough to put them back where from. Stupid jackhole.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    I was on the treadmill next to a guy one time who couldn't control his flatchulence (sp). i"m like good God, couldn't you have used the facilities before rolling up here with your funk. lol
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    In spinning class the frequent chatters!!! O my, that really get annoys me..
  • captaincharisma24
    Options
    weights/unclean mats left on the floor. wetness on the floor by the toilets. hate that
  • shannypoo21
    Options
    The too too cute girls who come decked out in makeup, hair and coordinated outfits (this is not so bad), which *gasp* surprisingly put in the least effort in their workout.
    They drive me nuts because most times they are there to be cute and not really put in work. I'm a sweaty, tired mess by time I'm through. Hell I'm paying my hard earned money for results, I'll get cute later!
  • BluenoserChick
    BluenoserChick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Dude in the crooked hat with his chains and bracelets on, carrying a water bottle doing slow laps around the gym while talking on his cell about how he's working out.

He cut me off mid stride one day (walked out onto the track right in front of me), so he pisses me off generally.