What/Who annoys you at the gym

Options

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    So many people here are bothered by things that don't even affect them directly (girls wearing makeup, people using machines on a low setting, guys checking themselves out).
    I don't understand why this bothers anybody :huh:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    YOU DO! BAH! GET OUT OF MY FACE!!!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    **This is to the one who gets annoyed when others stand in front of her treadmill and chat***
    I forgot to hit QUOTE

See, I don't think that is all that weird. I will only use one of two treadmills in our gym (and then only to run speed intervals or bad weather) and I will POUT mentally if anyone else is on them LOL because there are another 6 or 8 available. I like those two for the same reason... they are kind of in a corner and it is almost like being alone to zone out.
  • cathooo
    cathooo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The gym right by my work that had no showers. I would have loved to go in the morning or at lunch, but I'm not going to work without a shower first! The same gym closed, which also annoys me, because at least I was going after work!

The spin class with the gourmet ice cream store out the window on the other side of the street. :sad:

Do packs of runners pushing you off the sidewalk as they run past count if it's outside a gym?
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The guys who are there trying to look cool and "bust a sag" instead of lifting.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    once when some guy dropped like 50lb dbs and it rolled to my foot. it kinda hurt but i have a lot of self control. And don't want to get kicked out of the gym..or practice my speed bag/heavy bag skills on people XD
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    People who are obviously judging me at the gym. Why let the little things like people wearing excess make-up or matchy work out clothes at a gym? Why let other peoples lacking work out bug you? You have a membership to do your thing, and they have a membership to do their thing. So long as you're not needlessly interrupting my work out, I don't care what you do, or what you wear. It's simply not my problem

I run in a gym on a nice day because I can't handle the heat that well and I only run for 30 minutes, after I lift weights.

People who wear too much cologne or perfume. Along with heat, most of it gives me a headache.

I think the gym is one of the few places I'm not a judgmental b!tch, lol
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I hate when Im working out with my head phones in- and the guys STILL try and talk to me.........THAT is annoying:mad:
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    When there's like 30 treadmills that are literally ALL empty.. and someone gets on the one right next to you. Awkward.

lol
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I get to the gym at about 6:45. There are literally 6 hairsprayed jersey shore wannabees( not as far as being fit, but the hideous hair and outfits) who walk over to the bench.

I leave at 7:45 pm.

All 6 jersey shore wannabees are STILL all standing around the bench watching ONE person do a set a time. Isn't there a more efficient way to do this?

Let's hope that's all they were doing, otherwise they'll be there until I go tomorrow.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Weird, middle-aged man who sat on a stationary bike while pedaling very slowly, if at all, staring at me the entire time I was there working out...............
  • _KatieKat
    Options
    no one ever bothers me........maybe cuz I look so ugly when I go...LOL
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    people who do not unload rack after done..and I have to do extra work.. I'd rather not do extra work!
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    people who lift less then me then try to give me advice when there form is horrible
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't care what people do,make up, no make up, waste their time, work it hard...UNLESS it effects me.

1) Sitting on a machine I need to use, just relaxing.

2) If you are a major sweater, DO NOT let your sweat fly off your body and hit other people, seriously? Wear more clothes, go to the doctor, your **** is messed up!!

3) You can not use two machines at once, like leaving your towel at one and lifting at another...um no I'll remove your towel and get busy:)
  • Shazzylee
    Shazzylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The guy at the gym who pretends to lift weights!
    There is a guy at my gym who I've seen a few times. He only wears sock (WTF?), sets up these ridiculously heavy weights for a dead lift, takes ten mins to get into position, lifts it 2 inches off the ground, drops it down, stands up and preens as if he just made the lift, then goes and hits on all the women.
    Like seriously, p*ss off and leave me alone! I'm here to workout, not hear how "strong" you are!
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    1- When I'm running and ask me ( whats up!! whats ur name?) I hate that!!!:grumble:
    2-You want to use the machines, and I cannot.... why?? they watching T.V.:yawn:
    3- Girls using make up!!! I hate that!!!:indifferent:
    4..... please take a shower before you going to the GYM!!!!:sad:
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym who I've seen a few times. He only wears sock (WTF?), sets up these ridiculously heavy weights for a dead lift, takes ten mins to get into position, lifts it 2 inches off the ground, drops it down, stands up and preens as if he just made the lift, then goes and hits on all the women.
    Like seriously, p*ss off!!
    [/quote

HAHHAHAHAHAH OH SHUT!!!:laugh: ]
  • wizzlebee
    Options
    The 20 something white male with the huge diamond earrings, perfect body, and stupid grin. Dude, you work at the gym, take those dumbass earrings out.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Like seriously, p*ss off and leave me alone! I'm here to workout, not hear how "strong" you are!

That's amazing