Options

Replies

• Iceman1800
    Options
    Lack of effort.
  • rosekittie
    rosekittie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Most Men in general. I mean I'm a girl that does the weights that I guess only the men in my area do. I've seen another female maybe once with real weights...maybe it's a Dallas thing. Still, the second I sit on the bench to lift my weights every man at the mirrors stops and stares....I'm really not that attractive when I'm sweating! And I'm married....no attention needed thanks =)

(No offense to the guys that do work out...just the constant stares)
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Stinky people: too much perfume/cologne or too much BO--either way it's an affront.
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The people who have loud conversations during a group fitness class!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    People (usually women) who are on their cell phones the entire cardio time, talking loudly and barely breaking a sweat so they can keep talking. Call them back later!!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    The guy in the mirror. He really annoys me.
  • JenSpinnaChick
    JenSpinnaChick Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The only things that bother me is #1, heavy perfume and #2, not wiping down equipment....
  • garmandj
    garmandj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lifting in work boots. Get some shoes.
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When 1 person is taking up 2 machines... There was a guy switching between back extensions and crunches... pick one and let someone else use the other!
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    When the guys I wink at don't wink back! The nerve! ;)
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    I just had a Facebook rant about this! I hate when people sit on a machine and have a conversation and don't lift a weight. I needed a machine today for finish my workout and these people were just parked on it talking forever. There is a lounge in the front of our gym, go use it! P.S. I finally asked them to move and got the evil eye but they did move for me.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    I have gymaphobia for all reasons mentioned above.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

Hey, I would have winked back. :)
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

:wink:
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    my biggest annoyance is the disorganized weight rack. They have markings on the rack but they are completely scattered (dumbell-wise). Also with the plates, it's annoying when people put 45s and 35s on the top. I have to move 2 45 plates and a 35 just to get a 25, while the bottom rack is empty.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    The guy who takes over the squat rack during his superset even though he only has ONE lift that requires the squat rack, but he won't let anyone work in. Bonus points if the one lift he's using the squat rack for is curls.

This happened to me last night and I wanted to kick him in the shins when he told me I'd have to wait 15 minutes at least to be able to use the rack.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Heavily perfumed or cologned people.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I was on the treadmill next to a guy one time who couldn't control his flatchulence (sp). i"m like good God, couldn't you have used the facilities before rolling up here with your funk. lol

Hahha, been there smelled that
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    What/Who annoys you at the gym

The only thing that does (and should) annoy me is when I think I didn't pushed myself hard enough.

Who the bloody hell cares wtf others are doing?

Seriously

(yeah I mad bro)
  • PatrissiaLu
    Options
    The girl on the elliptical next to me that strides ever so slowly on it and texts and talks on the phone telling everyone how she's been working out every day for "2 hours"... yet I've never seen her even break a sweat ... she probably burns the same amount of calories that I do in 15 minutes! I try to go when she's not there because her lack of effort brings my energy level down!