What/Who annoys you at the gym

Options

Replies

• wizzlebee
    Options
    When there's like 30 treadmills that are literally ALL empty.. and someone gets on the one right next to you. Awkward.

lol

I hate that too! Why do people do that?
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    The women at the gym the thinks she has to talk to every guy in there. I'm there to workout not trying to get picked up.

I AGREE 100 %
  • wizzlebee
    Options
    YOU DO! BAH! GET OUT OF MY FACE!!!

I WILL NOT!
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    once when some guy dropped like 50lb dbs and it rolled to my foot. it kinda hurt but i have a lot of self control. And don't want to get kicked out of the gym..or practice my speed bag/heavy bag skills on people XD
    OUCH!!!
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    There is this guy (maybe late twenties and quite buff) that shows up every time in Work boots untied, sunglasses and a baseball cap, and works out in this attire. He's in great shape, so, he obviously knows what he is doing, but, I just have to shake my head! Can't imagine wearing my shades while working out at the gym. I sweat so darn much, they'd fall right off my face. :)
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    The girl on the elliptical next to me that strides ever so slowly on it and texts and talks on the phone telling everyone how she's been working out every day for "2 hours"... yet I've never seen her even break a sweat ... she probably burns the same amount of calories that I do in 15 minutes! I try to go when she's not there because her lack of effort brings my energy level down!

There's a girl at my gym that does this too. She goes ever. so. slowly. watching TV, not breaking a sweat. Hell, she's wearing LOAFERS, not gym shoes. I'm beginning to think she only comes to the gym to watch TV :huh: because she doesn't have one at home?
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Also, it annoys the crap out of me when people don't re-rack their weights - like 4 45lb plates - when there are clearly signs telling them to do so :grumble: :angry: :explode:
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    * People who talk on their phones/text
    *People who don't use deoderant
    *Machine hoggers
    *Excessive grunting
    *Posers
    *Girls that wear makeup
    *Don't pack away weights
    *Girls that strut around nude in the change rooms
    *Over achievers (you know the ones that are the instructors pet, always front & centre etc)
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    the stupid girl that hogged up the barbell at the gym tonight which she barely used because she was too busy speaking to her friend on her ear piece.
  • NanoBear
    Options
    Just joined up at a new gym, opening on Monday. Hoping it won't be too crowded for a while at least, so I should be able to avoid all these things! (almost a gym on every corner around here now)

The overpowering perfume/cologne is the big one for me. I'm hypersensitive to that sort of thing. I'd rather smell apocalyptic BO.

Sweat really doesn't bother me that much. I've played rugby for a lot of years (Americans: think NFL without pads, faster pace and with more contact), well and truly used to being covered in my own and other peoples' sweat. That said, I do clean up after myself. Basic common courtesy.

Surely common sense would tell people to leave everything the way they want to find it. But then common sense isn't so common these days.
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    The woman in my gym that I see everytime I go there. I mean I go after lunch, and she's there, I go late in the afternoon, and she's there, I go later at night, and she's there.. I'm like mother*** do you live here already? Or don't you have a regular job? Like she works out from morning until the gym closes everyday.. She's a bench, machine and dumbbell hogger too. Like can I borrow them please, i see your not using it. And despite of the volume of work she's doing, she's still fat as hell. It's been 4 years since I first saw her, and she's still the same, like nothing improved. Her *kitten* is still fat. Geez. I'm annoyed.. Needed To vent.. ????
  • _KatieKat
    Options
    I'm not bothered by what other people do, I'm there for me and that's all that matters.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to add tonight's annoyances.

1 Being hit on by the creepy old janitor while I'm working out.

2. The employees having their friends at work and talking/laughing loud enough that I can hear them halfway across the room with earbuds in... I wanted to strangle the 4 of them.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    The woman in my gym that I see everytime I go there. I mean I go after lunch, and she's there, I go late in the afternoon, and she's there, I go later at night, and she's there.. I'm like mother*** do you live here already? Or don't you have a regular job? Like she works out from morning until the gym closes everyday.. She's a bench, machine and dumbbell hogger too. Like can I borrow them please, i see your not using it. And despite of the volume of work she's doing, she's still fat as hell. It's been 4 years since I first saw her, and she's still the same, like nothing improved. Her *kitten* is still fat. Geez. I'm annoyed.. Needed To vent.. ????

LMFAO!!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to get people on this one...but:

People that sprint on the treadmill, and "jump off" in order to slow it down, then wonder why they're light headed. It's so dangerous that it bugs the crap out of me, and then "The Biggest Loser" shows it on TV.
  • YoSoyFiesta21
    Options
    When the guys I wink at don't wink back! The nerve! ;)

;)
  • YoSoyFiesta21
    Options
    1. People who slam weights
    2. men (typically older gents) who blowdry their junk after a shower
    3. men that walk around with a towel on their shoulder, not around their waist and want to chat.
    4-10. I'll just sum it up with guys that have no locker room etiquette
    11. sweaty people that don't wipe the bench down after they're done
    12. People who stalk the machine or bench you're using, then you get up to get a water refill, and they jump in on your sets without asking and act like they didn't know you were on it (as if you didn't notice they've been eyeing your machine/bench the whole time)
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many people are "annoyed" by girls wearing makeup...honestly, what does it matter what's on a girl's face? we all pay membership fees so we can work out the way we like...i personally put on eyeliner and chapstick when i go, at least making an effort to look decent while i sweat...and that's all a mental thing, i'm not wearing makeup because i'm trying to pick someone up...lame. Sometimes I even have more makeup on, though granted it's usually because i'm coming from work...
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    1) the ppl who leave sweat on the machines without wiping it down.

2) the guy who lifts up his shirt every ten minutes to look at his abs in the mirror.

3) the person who stinks, (degree is needed)

4) the guy who gets next to you by the dumb bells or bench press and tries to out do you, like is a competition.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    2. men (typically older gents) who blowdry their junk after a shower

:huh: guys really do that?
    That visual image is going to be impossible to remove from my brain now.. :laugh: