What/Who annoys you at the gym

Options

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    People walking on the treadmill at 1.4mph and gripping the side rails

This is what I was going to say. Drives me nuts. You come to the gym to lose weight/get in shape, and you walk slowly while you hold on to the rails for dear life. Good luck with that.

This doesn't bother me as I don't know how long they've been at it or if there is something else going on. I was a siderail gripper when I first started as the feeling of a treadmill is really weird the first time. I'd rather see them doing this than sitting on their bums at home doing nothing!
  • midmomike2
    Options
    There is a lady that goes to my gym that hides an exercise ball behind a mtn climber machine in the corner of the gym and also puts her water bottle and towel on the 2nd treadmill from the end and will often even turn the 'mill on and walk away...she will go to the free weight section and not come back to her reserved treadmill and ball for 45 minutes or longer! worst thing, this is around 4am when there's usually no one else there but me and maybe 5-6 other people!(not really that hard to get one of the 30 treadmills or 15 exercise balls!)
  • aliesa
    Options
    1.) guys that stare, Its creepy and annoying ...im trying to workout, you should be too.

2.) girls that are constantly looking around to see if guys are looking at her while she's walking on the treadmill.

3.) girls that stare at other girls who actually are working their *kitten* off at the gym.

4.) and again....girls on the elliptical with no resistance what so ever staring you down for struggling at a slow pace not realizing that your resistance is on like 12 lol.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    The guy that parked his incline bench 2 feet DIRECTLY behind me while I was doing my dead lifts from a box (135lb :smile: ). I hope he enjoyed the view...perv.
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The woman in my gym that I see everytime I go there. I mean I go after lunch, and she's there, I go late in the afternoon, and she's there, I go later at night, and she's there.. I'm like mother*** do you live here already? Or don't you have a regular job? Like she works out from morning until the gym closes everyday.. She's a bench, machine and dumbbell hogger too. Like can I borrow them please, i see your not using it. And despite of the volume of work she's doing, she's still fat as hell. It's been 4 years since I first saw her, and she's still the same, like nothing improved. Her *kitten* is still fat. Geez. I'm annoyed.. Needed To vent.. ????

ROTF!! Too funny!
  • postrockandcats
    Options
    The dude that stands on the treadmill, that he doesn't have running to watch TV (my gym has TVs on the cardio machines). Yes, he's standing on a machine that's OFF to watch TV. Drives me batty when the gym is busy.

Dude. GET THE HECK OFF THE MACHINE IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO USE IT.
  • Chantal34
    Options
    There 's an older lady that will stand right over me until I finish up with a machine she wants to use. Annoys me to no end. I'm like just use another machine until I'm finished!!
  • postrockandcats
    Options
    Well, I kind of had a humbling experience...it was my first day back to the gym after long months
    of slacking off and I was in a really grumpy mood, mad at myself for losing so much time. I had just
    gotten on to the treadmill and was standing on the sides trying to figure out which speed I wanted to
    go, trying to encourage myself I could do it again. A really fit woman was on the treadmill beside me
    and in a super friendly voice, told me the buttons I needed to push to get started. This really bugged
    me because if you are fat people automatically assume you have never been on a treadmill before
    and for another thing, I was not in the mood for phony encouragement from someone who could care
    less. Normally I would never say anything, but just grit my teeth and smile and keep on. But
    I looked at her and very sarcastically said, "I KNOW. (slowly) I HAVE been here before." (Like
    saying, I am not stupid, I can figure it out!)
    She looked at me for a second and went back to her workout and didn't say another word.

Turns out she was the owner of the gym. And I have since learned that she wasn't being phony.
    She is truly a nice person. I have always hated people judging me because of my weight and then
    I did it to her. I had never been disrespectful like that to anyone before and I still feel bad about it.
    Lesson learned.

To be fair, she probably should have introduced herself. But, point taken. :)
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    It doesn't really bother me, just confuses me. The girls who look like they actually took a lot of time to get pretty for the gym. Bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, hair extensions. It's bad for your skin & I can't imagine how stressful it would be trying NOT to wipe off the sweat with a pretty done up face.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really bother me, just confuses me. The girls who look like they actually took a lot of time to get pretty for the gym. Bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, hair extensions. It's bad for your skin & I can't imagine how stressful it would be trying NOT to wipe off the sweat with a pretty done up face.

In most situations it's because they went somewhere else before the gym. Typically work, running errands, etc. After work I never bother to take my makeup off before heading to the gym.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    There is a guy with a body like the Michelin Man that dries his fat folds under the hand dryer... yes... everything!
  • AlyssaNorth
    AlyssaNorth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    People that park in the handicapped or the expectant mother parking space...YOU ARE AT THE FRIGGING GYM take the extra ten steps and save those spaces for people that need it!!

my husband goes to the gym every single day. he works out all the time. he parks in the handicapped spot no matter what. can he walk, yes. but there is more space in thos spots so you dont get door dinged.
    ps. he is 100% disabled with a broken back and indeed have handicapped plates.
  • strangewebby
    Options
    I hate it when the people from the zumba class meeting after my high intensity class come in early and watch the class for the final 20 minutes of it. It's especially annoying when they don't wait a single minute to fill the floor once our class is over, they don't even give me time to roll up my mat before they are moving into my spot.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    People that hang on machines talking
    People that pop in and out of the circuit screwing up the routine of the people actually using it
    People that don't rack their weights when they are done
    People that literally camp out on a machine and read the paper
  • cayadear
    cayadear Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    People who use the circuit training area as a regular lifting area.

There are other machines if you just want to lift. GTFO of my circuit training area if you're not circuiting.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    People who use the circuit training area as a regular lifting area.

There are other machines if you just want to lift. GTFO of my circuit training area if you're not circuiting.

This! And when people to clean off their machines... nastayyyyy.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I dislike the man who smells like chicken soup.

So funny, we have a few of those at our gym too... NASTY!
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ME! I annoy me! I go in, going to do everything possible to get my $50 bucks worth...okay hubby's 50 worth since it's technically a present from ME b*tching about my weight, and what happens? I see a sz 5 awesome chick running, and I get all afraid and sit on the stupid bike, or default to the elliptical and do 30/45 minutes knowing I went in to attempt to lift, or jog, but my fat will jiggle so I don't. -_-
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    People getting right on top of me as if they don't see me or are thinking everyone else should just move out of their way :grumble: Thinking they have other issues going on so I just stand my ground but the other day another person said to me let's push her out of the way. I declined the offer for a fight and sure enough the offender headed off to workout a little too close to someone else.
  • FirefitMike
    FirefitMike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's been posted, but I get annoyed by people lifting weight beyond what they are capable of and not using full ROM. Yeah, you are squatting more than me but my *kitten* is on the ground.