What/Who annoys you at the gym

Options

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    And those guys who want to show off their muscles!

Really?!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    The b!tches that give me side eye for working out. I don't hate on your for being there so leave me alone while I'm doing my thing.

@ggcat, that one gets me too! Who works out with their hair down?

I work out with my hair up, except for when I bench and do chest flyes. You try lying flat on a bench with your hair up, its uncomfortable as all hell.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I just had a bit of a rant at the gym staff member as I have been using that gym for about 8 months now and out of the 5 cycle machines 2 are out of order (one with a sign and the other one not so newbies are always trying to get it to work and you have to tell them.) The 2nd big monster size treadmill was showing an error message and the other big one has had an out of order sign on it since I started. There are only 3 ellipticals and yes you've guessed it one has a sign on it that's been out of order since I joined.

It is a small gym and it is very cheap and the people that use it are all friendly and down to earth - but today took the biscuit as I really wanted on the elliptical and both were being used and they have just bought a brand new squat rack, new benches and a load more weights - but I had to point out that they really need to fix the equipment they have got before they get new stuff in - argh!

Just saying - a lot of Gyms take out leases, which means after every 5 years they automatically get equipment replaced with newer models..
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options
    I don't get annoyed by much at the gym because I have my music on and just deal with it. But when I went to the gym last Friday my iPod died on me. Heartbreaking. So I had to deal with the radio which was fine.

What annoyed me was the woman next to me on the treadmill, whose music was on full volume, and was farting throughout her entire workout. Clearly she couldn't hear because of her music, but she must have smelt it.

I could and I nearly threw up
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    I don't get annoyed by much at the gym because I have my music on and just deal with it. But when I went to the gym last Friday my iPod died on me. Heartbreaking. So I had to deal with the radio which was fine.

What annoyed me was the woman next to me on the treadmill, whose music was on full volume, and was farting throughout her entire workout. Clearly she couldn't hear because of her music, but she must have smelt it.

I could and I nearly threw up

Lol
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I know running can give some people stomach issues but there is nothing worse than someone running next to you, farting non-stop. It is just so gross.

Other than that, I can't stand those girls who give you random side eye/b!tch face.
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options
    I can be one of the ones who suffers like that, but whenever I am feeling gassy, I hold it and leave the room XD I don't just let loose
  • vv523
    vv523 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    when a hot girl looks at me and i get excited and cant cover it!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    A lot of these things I don't understand why they bother people. Like women wearing makeup to the gym. People lifting too much weight. women walking on treadmills and not breaking a sweat. etc etc. How does that affect you? I go to the gym to worry about myself.

well when they take up all the treadmills and could be walking outside, and are obviously not obese, and i have to wait 20 minutes so they can burn 10 calories, its annoying.

So, if they could be walking outside, why can you not do the same?
    I get irritated, too, when all the treadmills are taken. The difference is, rather than let that annoyance get to me, I just take my tail on out to the parking lot of the high school where a single lap is 1.65 miles and resolve to go to the gym for deadmill duty at a better time.

i want to time my sprints, not guesstimate it on a track. The whole point of a treadmill.

I time mine outside, with a stopwatch....
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I got irritated today for the first time.
    I was on the treadmill and there was a pretty large guy working the dumbbells in front of the mirror.
    We have all seen this guy. He was lifting heavy, grunting, dropping the weights and then, he would flex.
    I had to admit he had BEAUTIFUL long hair that he obviously did not forget to condition.
    But I digress.
    As I was leaving, he was standing by the reception counter and he was *****ing about the music. This gym plays "pop" music. Not my favorite but, it is a good mix for the mixed crowd there.
    He was INSISTING that they play something "harder".
    I stopped, looked at him, and said "You know, your phone doubles as an ipod, right?"
    He said that the headphones get caught up in the weights (I can see that), so I suggested that maybe he hum a tune in his head.

They have blue tooth sports head sets now that connect to your phone. No wires. It's kins of cool like that. But they are pricier than normal earbuds.

Or if you get an armband and run the wire through the sleeve of your shirt it doesn't get caught...some people can't think for themselves.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I just had a bit of a rant at the gym staff member as I have been using that gym for about 8 months now and out of the 5 cycle machines 2 are out of order (one with a sign and the other one not so newbies are always trying to get it to work and you have to tell them.) The 2nd big monster size treadmill was showing an error message and the other big one has had an out of order sign on it since I started. There are only 3 ellipticals and yes you've guessed it one has a sign on it that's been out of order since I joined.

It is a small gym and it is very cheap and the people that use it are all friendly and down to earth - but today took the biscuit as I really wanted on the elliptical and both were being used and they have just bought a brand new squat rack, new benches and a load more weights - but I had to point out that they really need to fix the equipment they have got before they get new stuff in - argh!

You win. That is worth griping about. We pay for our memberships and while most understand that machines break down occasionally, it is just wrong when they go for eons unrepaired. If fees are not enough to keep the equipment in reasonable order, then either fees need to be reevaluated or destructive idiots need to be booted out!
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    A lot of these things I don't understand why they bother people. Like women wearing makeup to the gym. People lifting too much weight. women walking on treadmills and not breaking a sweat. etc etc. How does that affect you? I go to the gym to worry about myself.

well when they take up all the treadmills and could be walking outside, and are obviously not obese, and i have to wait 20 minutes so they can burn 10 calories, its annoying.

I get irritated, too, when all the treadmills are taken. The difference is, rather than let that annoyance get to me, I just take my tail on out to the parking lot of the high school where a single lap is 1.65 miles and resolve to go to the gym for deadmill duty at a better time.

i want to time my sprints, not guesstimate it on a track. The whole point of a treadmill.
    Please stop. You sound like spoiled brat who didn't get their candy.

Oh and that's not the "point of a treadmill".

who are you talking to brohan

the whole point of treadmill is to be able to set paces, other than being able to run inside.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options

I time mine outside, with a stopwatch....

yeah your right i could do that. obviously would be better than doing it on a treadmill. everytime i do it though its off my 10-15 seconds and the treadmill makes it easier.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    The five bros who come in together and use one bench at a time. One guy lifts, four guys talk about how great their arms look.
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I found a new dislike today...I was on the bike, and there's a stair stepper right next to the bike. A guy came and got on the stair stepper...and then proceeded to sweat...a LOT...he was literally dripping sweat...I wouldn't care about this, except he let go of the handle and shook his arm out, which sent a bunch of his sweat flinging on me...ewwwwwwwww
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Curls in the squat rack
    1/4 ROM squats
    1/128 ROM leg press with way too much weight
    1/2 ROM Bench
    Horrible form curls
    Rounded lower backs on deadlifts/rows/etc
    People who circuit train and use multiple pieces of equipment at once and will not allow you to work in
    Using dumbbells on one of the barbell bench stations when there is an adjustable bench open
    Sweating all over a piece of equipment and then leaving it all sweaty when they're done
    Not allowing other people to work in when taking 5-10 minute rest breaks
    People who smell
    Moving around the dumbell benches to row or deadlift, creating a maze out of the benches
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    When people ignore the sign requesting people with small children use the "family" locker rooms and thier 5 year old son gets a free show while I am trying to get dressed. Seriously!? Why not pop the kid some popcorn and erect a pole for me? I'll give the little tyke a good show!

Yes!! This happened to me and the kid happened to be in my daughter's class...he was like 6 or 7.....unbelievable.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    The people who bring there kids and let there kids run around crazy.

thank god we have a day care center for the kids at our gym. i dont think i could work out at a gym with kids running around. that is not safe
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    old men who wear crop tops get the weights go to a machine and not use it for that purpose...than burp so loud i could hear it through my headphone with blaring loud music!!! i dont care if guys burp but in public or if they burp period...but when its loud and disgusting thats when i hate it.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    The small group of body builder types who insist on staring at my boobs everytime I work out.

Don't get me wrong, I know a guy is going to look but the staring/drooling thing is an issue.

I'm seriously considering going to a women only gym due to them!!