5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• cannon15
    cannon15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My weight this morning was 157.8. Lost 2 pounds this week...and worked hard for every once of it!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Okay, it's my turn!

1/1 - 153.9
    1/8 - 152.6
    1/15 - 152.1
    1/22 - 151.0

I have to say I wish the scale would move more. But: (1) I know I am eating right. I have now transitioned into a healthy eating style and habits that I feel proud of. (2) I am walking everyday, trying to reah 10,000 steps. Even though on some days I fall short, my pedometer tells me that over the last week, I have averaged 5,800 steps a day. That is half of my goal and it increases everyday. Which comes to 1/2 lb. lost a week just from walking. (3) I feel better, have more energy and my clothes fit better and hang flatter that just a week ago.

I think I saw my belly button yesterday! :laugh:

A loss of 1.1. is not a lot, but I know if I continue the way I am going and then maintain, these lbs will be gone forever and that is a great acomplishment!

This week's goal: To increase my exercise routine to step up my metabolism...

Good luck to all and have a wonderful weekend,

Pam

Way to go! Any loss is good!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    01/01/10 206.0
    01/08/10 205.0
    01/15/10 205.0
    01/22/10 203.5

Oh Yeah Oh Yeah!!! Thank you for starting this thread TCASMEY !!! I am hoping to be right there with you on being down 5 for the month next Friday!!! I will get myself out the door for my run even though it is a mess out there! This group is such a motivator! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:

You are welcome! Great job!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    My weight this morning was 157.8. Lost 2 pounds this week...and worked hard for every once of it!

That is super! I know this is why this group is so supportive. We understand weight loss is not easy. It takes work and dedication. There are no quick fixes to losing weight. Hard work and a bunch of people supporting you because they are doing it also.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Just finished my last workout (circuit training) at 10:15 PM - better late than never! Despite my small lapses, I am proud of myself - despite day after day of heavy rainstorms, I have walked to work every morning (I wear a big gray slicker over my coat, which makes me look massive but I don't care because I know I'm getting skinnier underneath with every step I take :laugh: ). One plus to walking in the rain is that I don't get hit up for money on my way to work! I don't have to go into work tomorrow and its still raining, so I think it will be a longer Hip Hop Abs routine for aerobics. Even if I haven't lost weight at tomorrow's weigh in, I know that I did a pretty good job this week at sticking to my plan. :happy:

Great job on the exercise! I am so impressed by your walking to work in the rain. :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    So for today and this weekend, I want you to focus on how you and your body are improving on this journey. How you feel better....I know getting in shape does not always feel better....the sore and tired muscles are part of it but they get better as your body gets stronger. Keep working at it! You are stronger than even you believe!:flowerforyou:

Congrats on being SOOOO close to your 5 lbs! Yay.

So for me this week I found it easier to say no to the food that I shouldn't have. I am even finding myself trying to eat an extra fruit to use leftover cals! I don't feel like I am on a diet, I am just learning how to eat healthy. A few weeks ago I was feeling really down for gaining 1/3 of my lost weight back, but now I am going back down and feel good about the fact that I got back into it before I gained it ALL back. I don't see the change in my body that much yet, but I fit nice in my pants that started to get a little snug so I know I'm on the right road. I am a little worried about my weigh in today, not sure why. I will go on my lunch break and let you all know how I did after I return!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Congratulations, everyone who has lost weight this week! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

As predicted, I didn't... Here are my weigh in figures for the month so far (not all Fridays as I just joined the group last week):

1/04 199
    1/11 194.5
    1/15 192.5
    1/22 192.5

But, I have lost 1.75 inches of my waist and another .75 inches from my neck and hips, and my size 16 jeans are now a little loose again. So I figure that this is just a little blip, especially as, with my exercise, I've been under my calorie goal by 400-600 calories each day (except Saturdays, my "off" day). I'm regaining fitness - walking much faster on my way to work :smile: and will definitely be ready to move from 7 to 9 lb weights for my strength training at the end of this month (one of my goals). So, all in all, I think I should be :happy: !
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    O.k. Now I see how this works. Friday is the day everyone reports in on how much weight they have lost each week.. I am going to weigh in on the scales that I used when I started but not until tomorrow. They are not my scales and are not here at my house so I will be going to her house tomorrow and then I will give you the report of my first few days.
    but my weight on the day I stepped on those scales was 156.6.

Friday is the Sabbath here in Cairo, so instead of going out to work out at the school pool or gym I just took an hour walk for my exercise. I guess it's like Sunday there in the states.

I'm so proud of everyone and the weight that they ahve lost and the goals that you have set. I would like anyone to share some of the good meal plans that you have. Siobhannestor, you mentioned that you didn't eat all your calories on several days. Should we be trying to eat less than the amount that was calculated and given to us when we signed up? Are you also eating your exercise calories that were added on? Does that Really work?

As you can tell I still ahve questions but I am loving the way I feel. I also don't feel like this is a diet but a healthier way of eating and lving. Ii thought that I'd be starving if I only ate 1200 calories but by eating the better choices of food I am finding that I am satisfied. Good luck everyone this week. Phyljen
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Phyljen, I always try to eat all of my "assigned" calories + 200 or so of my "exercise" calories (I exercise about 1.5 hours a day, for at least 600 extra calories most days). I will let others "weigh in" on this, but I think it's better to eat more than less within those limits, just to keep your body from going into starvation mode. I tend to eat less because I know that my metabolism is slower than most and am trying to adjust for that (while my thyroid levels are "normal" again, I was diagnosed with and treated for hypothyroid about 4 years ago and my metabolism never completely got back to normal). Have a nice rest day! Would love to hear more about your life in Egypt - would imagine that you're surrounded by healthy food!
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! Here's my story:

12/28 starting weight 175
    Today 1/22 weight 168

Yay! Also I started January at 172, so to keep up with this 5 pounds per month challenge, I am shooting for 167 or less by 1/31 - just one week to go!

Biggest success so far - I tucked my shirt in and wore a belt for the first time in years this week. No, it doesn't look perfect, but it's almost like another way to keep me accountable. Another goal. So I'm pretty excited about it!

Off to another weekend avoiding the concession stand at volleyball. Just got home with my bag of healthy snacks to pack.
  • AngieMaria3
    AngieMaria3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well! I am new to My Fitness Pal, but find counting my calories alot easier these days... and am slowly starting to become addicted to exercise!

:)

Good luck to all!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Kick your mental game up a notch time....

STAND AND WALK TALL WITH A RELAXED CONFIDENT EXPRESSION ON YOUR FACE. WHEN YOU CREATE THAT IMPRESSION ON THE OUTSIDE, YOUR BRAIN PROCESSES IT, MAKING YOU MORE LIKELY TO FEEL IT ON THE INSIDE!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Good job everyone! Here's my story:

12/28 starting weight 175
    Today 1/22 weight 168

Yay! Also I started January at 172, so to keep up with this 5 pounds per month challenge, I am shooting for 167 or less by 1/31 - just one week to go!

Biggest success so far - I tucked my shirt in and wore a belt for the first time in years this week. No, it doesn't look perfect, but it's almost like another way to keep me accountable. Another goal. So I'm pretty excited about it!

Off to another weekend avoiding the concession stand at volleyball. Just got home with my bag of healthy snacks to pack.

Keep up the good work! Glad to hear you have your healthy snacks picked out!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Count me in as well! I am new to My Fitness Pal, but find counting my calories alot easier these days... and am slowly starting to become addicted to exercise!

:)

Good luck to all!

Welcome to our group. We are here to support each other on this journey!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    For the funny bone...

I served a mixed veggie side dish to the daycare kids today. One of them picked up a piece of cauliflower and said "I've never had white broccoli before!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cct98362
    Options
    I'm glad to see everyone checking in about progress towards their goals. I love the idea of PHYLJN getting us all started on the right path each day as she greets the sun first in Cairo. I started 1/5 at 155 and today weighed in at 152. But like other newbies I'm just getting used to the calorie counting and taking the small steps that I hope will lead to lasting and permanent lifestyle changes.

Today I will go to the YMCA for my first workout class in several years. I am tackling the logistics challenges that have kept me from classes, and this is a practice run. I have signed up and paid for a crossfit class there M-W-F next month. I love working out, I just need to get re-hooked.

I like having the accountability of this group- last night I was tempted by peanut M&Ms and then thought of you all and mostly resisted. thanks!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Phyljen-
    Happy Sabbath! Great job on walking today, I walk on Sunday’s and love it. I try to eat 1200 cals plus most of my exercise cals. In the past I have tried not eating the exercise cals and I stopped losing. Once I eat them I started losing again! I shoot for being close but not more than 100-200 cals away from my daily cal goal. Hope that helps you a bit. :drinker:

Workingitout-
    I am the same way with my belt. When I started I was on the last ring, now I am on the fourth. It is a great progress indicator!
    Stay away from the concession stand! I had a hard time last night at the hockey game last night :cry: smelling all the food. But I did it and I know you can also; you did so well last weekend! :happy:

Am_torres3-
    Welcome.:flowerforyou: I am feeling the same about exercise. TCASMEY is a great motivator for me when I am feeling like I don’t have the time to go, so check in with us if you are having a hard day.

TCASMEY-

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So funny! My kids call broccoli “little trees”. I don’t serve the "white broccoli" enough I guess because I don’t recall if they call it something funny. I think I will give it a try and see what happens. :wink:

Ok, so my stats are:

SW: 181
    1/8: 160
    1/15: 155
    1/22: 153

Yay, two lbs down!

Congrats to everyone, we rock! :heart:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I'm glad to see everyone checking in about progress towards their goals. I love the idea of PHYLJN getting us all started on the right path each day as she greets the sun first in Cairo. I started 1/5 at 155 and today weighed in at 152. But like other newbies I'm just getting used to the calorie counting and taking the small steps that I hope will lead to lasting and permanent lifestyle changes.

Today I will go to the YMCA for my first workout class in several years. I am tackling the logistics challenges that have kept me from classes, and this is a practice run. I have signed up and paid for a crossfit class there M-W-F next month. I love working out, I just need to get re-hooked.

I like having the accountability of this group- last night I was tempted by peanut M&Ms and then thought of you all and mostly resisted. thanks!

:laugh: Mostly resisted? I saw on The biggest loser that m&ms are only 5 cals each! Not that bad. :tongue:
    Great plan on the workouts, you can do it! I also think of our fun group when I am wanting to eat something I should not eat. Glad we have each other.
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    I am not a big salad fan. But I have to admit I really enjoyed the McDonald's Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken I had for dinner tonight. I updated the information from McDonald's website into My Foods because there were so many in the MFP data base, it was hard to sort them out. FYI: On the McDonald's website you will find all the info (including ingredients) for any product they sell. Very informative.

Just wanted to share :)

Have a good weekend!

Pam
  • cannon15
    cannon15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

That is super! I know this is why this group is so supportive. We understand weight loss is not easy. It takes work and dedication. There are no quick fixes to losing weight. Hard work and a bunch of people supporting you because they are doing it also.

Thank you! I've only been on MFP for a few weeks, but I love it and have recommended it to several people. It's a great way to hold myself accountable, get ideas, celebrate success, and enjoy support. Thanks for leading us! (Haven't really figured out how this quote stuff works yet.)