5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I think we should have our first starting weight but then every month you go with your first of the month weigh in to see if you lose 5 pounds that month. Weigh in tomorrow for February';s starting weight but always keep in mine your January 1st starting weight also. I have had an awesome weekend of working out but my eating has been naughty.

If you are not hungry do not eat, but do not let your body go into too big a calorie defecit or it may have a negative impact on your weight loss.

Plantar fasciitis is a major pain. I have had trouble with it in the past. Make sure you have good shoes and go to runners world.com and there are some great stretches to help relieve it. I used to have it so bad that I could barely walk. Every time I got up from a resting position I had to limp a bit to get it loosened up. Knock on wood but it has not bothered me for a while.
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    TCASMEY-- I so understand the limping when you get up. I am at a point where i don't have that pain, but just a 25 min low impact aerobic workout makes my foot hurt. I am taking anti inflammatories and those help. I will try the runnersworld.com. My doc is supposed to let me know what kind of shoes to work out in and to just wear on a regular basis.

thanks for the beginning of the month information

Today I am drinking all my water. I struggle with that. This will 2 days in a row.
    Is anyone watching the Grammys... Pink just did a performance .... it was amazing.
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    I KNOW THIS PROBABLY DIDN'T BURN MANY CALORIES SATURDAY MORNING, but I went for an hour and half CAMEL RIDE out by the pyramids and it was awesome! We had a group of us ladies that live over here and we all decided to go for horse or camel rides. It was so fun. I loved it. I was really late getting into school to get my lesson plans ready for school today. We have school Sunday thru Thursday over here. But all is well. I will be o.k. I HOPE!. With these third graders in my class this year I need to be on my toes ALL THE TIME!. anyway, I got up this morning and swam for an hour at the pool. I usually only do 45 minutes but I pushed on this morning and did an extra 15 minutes. ( I made lemon bars for the family last night and ate a small piece so I figured I better get burning off those extra cals. ) I feel great now but better get off MFP and get ready to greet the little kiddies. Looking forward to a great FEB. starting tomorrow! What happened to January. It sure did fly by. Hope you all had a restful night, mine was not restful at all due to the fact that my daughters friend died yesterday morning as a result of a car accident, and she came by last night about midnight and laid next to me and cried and cried. I felt so bad for her. She is 25 and just got married. Then when she left a dog outside BARKED all night. Truthfully at 4:50 am I was ready to get up and go swimming just to to relax! Phyljen

Phyljen, I am so, so sorry about your daughter's friend - how sad and terrible to pass away like that, especially when you have so much of your life ahead of you - my thoughts go with your daughter. I actually bet the camel ride used up more calories than you might suspect - you burn 272 calories per hour horseback riding!. Anyway, it sounds like so much fun!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    ... I go back to the foot doc on the 2nd about my foot (plantar facititus) (sp). No factures, no bone spurs, just the muscle alone the bottom of my foot are irritated to the point where about a month ago it hurt so bad that i barely could walk on it. Much much better now. So I am hoping to get back to exercise...

Sandy

Sandy, good for you for taking care of your plantar facitis properly. Did your doc suggest custom orthotics or physical therapy? I started with plantar facitis, exercised heavily with it for years, never got proper advise from the doctor who diagnosed me - I eventually lost the tendons on the inside of my right foot & am currently fighting through the Kaiser system to get to see a podiatric surgeon. It has severely limited my ability to do things that I've always loved, like hiking, interval training & certain aerobic dance routines (Turbo Jam, for instance). If I'd taken care of the plantar facitis, would never have gotten to this point - so good luck!

~ Shivaun

P.S., Congrats on your progress!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Well, did well this weekend, even with my "anything" meal came in under my calorie allotment.

TCASMEY - thanks for the info on starting at the beginning of the month. Looking forward to checking in tomorrow.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Here is the link for the February thread. Hope to see you all there!:flowerforyou:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Okay here is my weigh in:
    1/2/10 171.0
    1/9/10 168.8
    1/16/10 165.8
    1/23/10 167.0
    1/29/10 168.8
    2/1/10 167.2

Okay, today is the start of Insanity for me, so I had to weigh in and I will be doing measurements this morning as well. Then I will be taking the fit test here in a few minutes. I am really excited about starting a new program. Ready to sweat the rest of this weight off. I hope everyone has a beautiful Monday and week. Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    ... I go back to the foot doc on the 2nd about my foot (plantar facititus) (sp). No factures, no bone spurs, just the muscle alone the bottom of my foot are irritated to the point where about a month ago it hurt so bad that i barely could walk on it. Much much better now. So I am hoping to get back to exercise...

Sandy

Sandy, good for you for taking care of your plantar facitis properly. Did your doc suggest custom orthotics or physical therapy? I started with plantar facitis, exercised heavily with it for years, never got proper advise from the doctor who diagnosed me - I eventually lost the tendons on the inside of my right foot & am currently fighting through the Kaiser system to get to see a podiatric surgeon. It has severely limited my ability to do things that I've always loved, like hiking, interval training & certain aerobic dance routines (Turbo Jam, for instance). If I'd taken care of the plantar facitis, would never have gotten to this point - so good luck!

~ Shivaun

P.S., Congrats on your progress!

I didn't have any bone spurs or fractures. He is looking at my insurance to see if they will pay for orthotics. I have specific stretches to do as well and i am to still take it fairly easy. I am still on anti inflamatories. They really work great!

2-1-10 186
    I am really working on drinking my water! My biggest dilemma.
    Hang in there everyone!
    Tcsamey--- there wasn't a thread on your posting...

Sandy
    Sandy
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    So sorry every one I did not look to see if my copy and past worked. But someone stated they had a hard time finding us so I came back to look. Hopefully it works this time.

So here is the thread for our February group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/79451-5-pound-a-month-february-2010-challenge