5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    Today is going to be a hard one for me! I feel like I am getting a really bad cold. I am achy and tired and very very grouchy. Days like today are the days where it is hard to stay within my calories and get exercise. I do plan to take it easy and let my body rest today. Usually my day off is Friday but I have learned to listen to my body. Hope everyone is having a better day!

Your body knows best! Take care of yourself.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have to tell you all a little story.

Yesterday my boss gave me $40.00 and told me to go to Cato's and go shopping for some new clothes while on the clock. I thought, you have got to be kidding, she wasn't. She said that I need clothes that fit. So, I went and had a great time trying on smaller jeans and slacks. The kewlest thing is I came out of the store with a size 10 jean. If I recall, the last time I wore a size 10 was in High School. I am wearing them today at work and it is a great feeling to be wearing jeans that actually fit me. I look HOT in them. LOL I even got a couple cute tops, all for under $40.00. Gotta love Cato's.

Now, I just need to lose 10 more pounds for my wedding and I am good to go. I feel fantastic. I think the clothes have something to do with that also.

Oh yeah, I am also thinking about joining the Army. I am really excited about the prospects of being in the Army and what they can provide me and what I can provide for them. I am looking forward to basic training. Now, I have not talked to a recruiter yet, but I have been looking up a lot of information online about it. I figured, I could definitely make it through basice training after all I have finished 2 rounds of P90X and am now starting Insanity. Now, I am older as well. The age limit for Army is 42, I am 34 and in the best shape of my life. What do you all think? :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    So, I know that I shouldn't have done it, but despite what I wrote, I was feeling so sad and discouraged after working so hard this past week :sad: and not losing anything, especially so early in the game, that I stepped on the scale this morning anyway, just in case. I weighed 191, down 1.5 pounds! :happy: ~ Shivaun

Yeah!!! Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I was talking to a girlfriend of mine this morning and she said, "you know, you have worked really hard for over a year now and if you gained only 3 pounds for slacking off for a short time, don't let it get to you. You know you will lose it and keep going. I wouldn't even worry about it." So, I will think of it that way.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to take care of yourself. We all deserve the best for ourselves. Don't give up on yourself. Push through and make it happen, you can do it. Keep up the awesome work everyone. :bigsmile:

Great that your friend was so positive! Everyday is a new day and you are doing just the right thing by not gettig down on yourself. It is hard not to sometimes but I love how you understand that this change is because you deserve the best!:drinker:

That is a great way to look at it. WE ALL DESERVE IT!!! Even if we have a rough week, we can always pick up from where we left off and get back on again. You can't change the past, but you can always move forward and make the next day better.

Thanx for the reminder. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Fantastic! Ive got 6 stone or 84lb's to lose so that's some way to go lol :happy: thanks for letting me join in!

Welcome. Glad you found us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, that is what we are here for. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Yesterday I reset my HRM from 185 pounds to 180, so today when I did my 5k I did not burn as many calories:mad: , but it is part of losing and getting in better shape.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am trying to cut 15-30 seconds off my time everytime I run. Maybe by spring I will be brave enough to run outside where others can see me! Actually what I need to do is get registered for a 5k so I have to push myself to do it:smile: .

You can run outside, it is invigorating to run with the elements. I can't wait till Spring to get back out there. Fresh air and the road under your feet. Don't worry what other people think. You are doing what is best for you and people are driving by thinking, man I wish I could do that. You are doing awesome, keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Looks like you have done an excellent job in losing your weight. And WOW planning to run a half marathon. I have done 5 k and 10 k's but don't think I'll ever do a half marathon. I have been journalling all the food I have eaten since I joined. Right now it says I should still eat about 400+ more calories because I did exercise. I just got back from dinner with friends and I am stuffed. I had the grilled chicken with rice and beans at Chili's and I can't think of eating another calorie. I jogged/walked this morning for 45 minutes. It felt great. anyway .Thanks for the faith in my losing the weight. I am really motivated now.

Well, I am glad that you are motivated to keep going. That is what we are all here for. It sounds like you had a lovely dinner. Very good choice.

I think the running for me is mind over matter. I do think 13 miles is quite a bit, but if I find a good training program, it won't seem so hard. I used the C25K to start running in the first place and now I can say I am a runner/jogger. You can put anything you put your mind to.

Have a wonderful afternoon. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I am not up on who the Saints are or the other teams that you mentioned but FYI Egypt just won the game they played in the African cup and the whole country is celebrating. It is WILD. Horns honking, people screaming, flags flying and beating drums as they walk down the street. It is going to be a stretch to get to sleep tonight! and in a few days we play Algeria.. And that game is going to be intense!!!!

Sounds like a fun party. I hope you get some sleep. :yawn:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Ready to kick your mental game up a notch?

ACCEPT CHANGE AS THE NEW NORMAL. CONSIDER THAT THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE COME FROM CHANGE; MARRIAGE, A CAREER...HAVING KIDS. STEPPING OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE IS THE KEY TO GROWTH.

For me this year I plan to get out of my comfort zone and take my exercise outside. Let people see me running. I am looking for a 5k to run in my area in May or June.

Yeah, great goal. I am excited for you. Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    jjtonic-
    Thanks for the encouragement. I sure needed it today. I told you all about my getting a HRM. It came today and I found out that my exercise cals I have been logging have been WAY over what I am really doing. :sad: I thought I was doing it all right. I had been eating all those cals like they had been burned. :explode:

Good news is that now I know. :ohwell: I will just have to do the elliptical everyday as well to make it up, I am use to eating all the cals I thought I had. I am glad I planned on making a super low cal fish dish tonight.
    I am feeling so down about it :grumble: but I guess as long as I am still losing I should shut up. :tongue:

Chalk it up to a learning experience. Don't keep fretting over it. Now you know and you can move on and push harder to get those calories burned. I have no doubt you can do it. Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have to tell you all a little story.

Yesterday my boss gave me $40.00 and told me to go to Cato's and go shopping for some new clothes while on the clock. I thought, you have got to be kidding, she wasn't. She said that I need clothes that fit. So, I went and had a great time trying on smaller jeans and slacks. The kewlest thing is I came out of the store with a size 10 jean. If I recall, the last time I wore a size 10 was in High School. I am wearing them today at work and it is a great feeling to be wearing jeans that actually fit me. I look HOT in them. LOL I even got a couple cute tops, all for under $40.00. Gotta love Cato's.

Now, I just need to lose 10 more pounds for my wedding and I am good to go. I feel fantastic. I think the clothes have something to do with that also.

Oh yeah, I am also thinking about joining the Army. I am really excited about the prospects of being in the Army and what they can provide me and what I can provide for them. I am looking forward to basic training. Now, I have not talked to a recruiter yet, but I have been looking up a lot of information online about it. I figured, I could definitely make it through basice training after all I have finished 2 rounds of P90X and am now starting Insanity. Now, I am older as well. The age limit for Army is 42, I am 34 and in the best shape of my life. What do you all think? :bigsmile:

Wow good for you! If the army is what you want, go for it! I did not know the age limit was in the 40's I thought it was the 20's.
    Hopefully your soon to be husband is supportive.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Today is going to be a hard one for me! I feel like I am getting a really bad cold. I am achy and tired and very very grouchy. Days like today are the days where it is hard to stay within my calories and get exercise. I do plan to take it easy and let my body rest today. Usually my day off is Friday but I have learned to listen to my body. Hope everyone is having a better day!

I am sorry you are not feeling well today. I hope you get better soon. It is a great idea to listen to your body instead of injure it or make yourself more sick. Have a nice rest day. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Wow good for you! If the army is what you want, go for it! I did not know the age limit was in the 40's I thought it was the 20's.

For most other branches it is 27, but the Army is 42. I was shocked to learn that myself. I thought it was 29, so I am not too old after all. LOL He actually is very supportive of my decision if that is what I decide. He has actually been through basic training when he was 17, he just did not finish. He was not ready. So, he has given me some insight into what it will be like. I have always kinda had it in the back of my mind about joining, and now I can. The reason this all came about is, I ran into a recruiter while I was out Friday nite and I asked him some questions and told him what programs I have finished and he said I should not have a problem with basic training. So, I am really excited about a career change and a huge challenge ahead of me. :bigsmile:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

For most other branches it is 27, but the Army is 42. I was shocked to learn that myself. I thought it was 29, so I am not too old after all. LOL He actually is very supportive of my decision if that is what I decide. He has actually been through basic training when he was 17, he just did not finish. He was not ready. So, he has given me some insight into what it will be like. I have always kinda had it in the back of my mind about joining, and now I can. The reason this all came about is, I ran into a recruiter while I was out Friday nite and I asked him some questions and told him what programs I have finished and he said I should not have a problem with basic training. So, I am really excited about a career change and a huge challenge ahead of me. :bigsmile:

That is great, nice to have a goal to work hard for.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Jjtonic- I WANT YOUR BOSS! $40.00 shopping spree. That doesn't happen too often. You have a way cool boss!!!
    So about the army... I am wondering what your future husband thinks about you joining the army? Would you be gone from him much if you do that choice? Or not? I just was wondering about the separation issue. I know my husband would not like me being away. Of course I am much much over the age limit to even consider the service but even being gone all day at work is plenty of time away from him. He likes me around, ALL THE TIME. Maybe that is just a cultural difference though. I just wondered?
    BTW... I am working really hard on my goals this week and hopefully I will lose a pound so my little counter does not say 0 pounds lost! I am so ready to see results!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Jjtonic- I WANT YOUR BOSS! $40.00 shopping spree. That doesn't happen too often. You have a way cool boss!!!
    So about the army... I am wondering what your future husband thinks about you joining the army? Would you be gone from him much if you do that choice? Or not? I just was wondering about the separation issue. I know my husband would not like me being away. Of course I am much much over the age limit to even consider the service but even being gone all day at work is plenty of time away from him. He likes me around, ALL THE TIME. Maybe that is just a cultural difference though. I just wondered?
    BTW... I am working really hard on my goals this week and hopefully I will lose a pound so my little counter does not say 0 pounds lost! I am so ready to see results!

Yeah, she is pretty kewl.

I have been discussing it with him and he really thinks that I should do it, if they feel they could use me. Basic training for the Army is 9 weeks and then schooling for my job. The only thing he fears is that they are going to teach me how to use a gun. I had to laugh at that one. I told him that I promise not to shoot him when he makes me mad. LOL

It sounds like you are doing an awesome job this week. Keep up the great work. I know you can do it. :bigsmile:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I want to go on a shopping spree, but I am making myself wait for spring and summer clothes. Hopefully last years will be too big and I will need to get some better fitting outfits by spring.

I gave myself the day off yesterday. My lower back is still sore today so time to take a break from running and its impact and get back on the stationary bike today. I went over on my calories because I did not exercise, but still the scale was a few tenths lower this morning than yesterday.

Hope every has a great Wednesday!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It's nice that you have a stationary bike so you can still exercise without jogging and adding more pain to your lower back. I go swimming every other day and that keeps me moving but is very low impact on my knees and back too. I love the swimming routine that I am getting into. Even though it is sooo early in the morning and it is cold outside when I get in the pool. I like swimming in the early part of the day when it is still dark out side. A very peaceful time of day. Most people are still asleep around here at that time. I do the step aerobics or go jogging on those other days in between. Might go out horse riding on Saturday. A group of ladies from church are doing a little outing near the pyramids and I am considering joining them for a horse/or camel ride. I have not been on a horse for years. I did ride a camel up to the top of Mt. Sinai a few months ago. Two more days till weigh in. I HOPE I LOSE A POUND AT LEAST. Sure is easier to gain than lose these stupid pounds! Phyljen
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I wish I had access to a pool more for swimming. With my kids and work schedule and the pool's open swim schedule it just does not work. I love the early morning too. When the weather is (when the snow is gone) I usually get up and go for a walk first thing in the morning, that way if I don't have time for anything else in the day at least I got in a walk. I have been doing some walking on the treadmill in the early morning, but it just is not the same as being outside.

I agree putting the weight on is so much easier than taking it off.

Have a great day!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I want to go on a shopping spree, but I am making myself wait for spring and summer clothes. Hopefully last years will be too big and I will need to get some better fitting outfits by spring.

I gave myself the day off yesterday. My lower back is still sore today so time to take a break from running and its impact and get back on the stationary bike today. I went over on my calories because I did not exercise, but still the scale was a few tenths lower this morning than yesterday.

Hope every has a great Wednesday!

Well the store I went to does have the Spring line coming out, so I did get some cute tops that are Springy and I can not wait to wear them out. There is this great website called MyShape.com and I bought a couple cute dresses from them today. Both dresses including shipping was only $53.00. Needless to say, my tax refund is slowly dwindling away. LOL Once I know I am getting the money I am already spending it. I am a very impatient person. I do recommend the website to anyone who is has a hard time finding clothes that fit. You can actually go in and put in your measurements and they tell you your shape and then give you a butt load of clothes to choose from in your shape. It is really kewl.

I am sorry that your back is sore today. I have been there myself, so I completely understand. Do some extra back stretches to try to loosen it up. I hope it is better tomorrow for you. :bigsmile: