5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Two more days till weigh in. I HOPE I LOSE A POUND AT LEAST. Sure is easier to gain than lose these stupid pounds! Phyljen

Ain't that the truth. LOL :bigsmile:
  • cherlyn
    Options
    Can I join too? I need all the help I can get.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

I am having a bad week! I took my son to his Dr Apt today (he hurt his finger badly at daycare on the 4th, cut off the tip) and they said that his finger isn't healing right and that he will lose it. If it falls off great, if not they will remove it in 4 weeks. :cry:

I know that it wasn't my fault, I wasn't even there, but I still can't think of anything else, I feel so guilty. I think that I could have done something better. Cleaned it more, or less. Done something different that might have made it heal better. I don't know. I just feel so sad that he might get made fun of. Girls might not like him or something. I know that beauty is on the inside and it shouldn't matter in my head. But I just keep crying about it. He is so small and it is my job to protect him. I feel like I failed him.

I know this has NOTHING to do with MFP or why you are all here, but I needed to vent. I am out of cals already, went over last night, already 24 over today and all I feel like doing to eating a big burrito with everything! I wont. But I know that I will find it very hard not to snack tonight.
    Oh, and his apt was on my lunch break so I didn't workout today.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sorry to be a downer
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Hello friends,

I am having a bad week! I took my son to his Dr Apt today (he hurt his finger badly at daycare on the 4th, cut off the tip) and they said that his finger isn't healing right and that he will lose it. If it falls off great, if not they will remove it in 4 weeks. :cry:

I know that it wasn't my fault, I wasn't even there, but I still can't think of anything else, I feel so guilty. I think that I could have done something better. Cleaned it more, or less. Done something different that might have made it heal better. I don't know. I just feel so sad that he might get made fun of. Girls might not like him or something. I know that beauty is on the inside and it shouldn't matter in my head. But I just keep crying about it. He is so small and it is my job to protect him. I feel like I failed him.

I know this has NOTHING to do with MFP or why you are all here, but I needed to vent. I am out of cals already, went over last night, already 24 over today and all I feel like doing to eating a big burrito with everything! I wont. But I know that I will find it very hard not to snack tonight.

Sorry to be a downer

Oh Jenn! My heart is with you right now! :heart: One thing - it is certainly not your fault - I know, no Mom believes that when it's her own son or daughter, but it's true. I really hope that the doctor is wrong. You are a great mom and will give him the tools to grow and succeed and be happy, no matter what the outcome is. And please don't be down on yourself for taking a day off!

BIG HUGS!!!
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I just read your thread. I would love to join if i still can. I just started this Jan and have lost 4lbs so far. I want to lose 5 lbs a month. I am going on my first cruise ever and my first real vacation since my divorce 14 yrs ago. OMG, I never went on a vacation then. LOL This is my quest....
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I really like this goal and would like to join this group. So far my weight loss has been going very slowly, but it's a great goal. Here's what I am trying to do to make it happen:
    1. Exercise every day for at least two hours (swimming, walking, spinning, weightlifting)
    2. Eating no more than 1300-1500 calories per day no matter how much I exercise
    3. Make most meals at home so that I can control the content. Emphasis on homemade soups and salads. No butter, sugar or white bread.:flowerforyou:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Jenn big hugs go out to you. I am beginning unwarranted guilt is a big part of parenthood. We want them to never feel pain and when they do it hurts us too. Whatever happens you are in my prayers. I am a stress eater also and know if I were in your shoes I would be going over my calories for a few days. Take Care! Hope you have a better day today.

As a daycare provider may I ask what happened at daycare. When I hear these stories I want to know what happened so that if it is a danger I can eliminate from my home to protect the children I will do it>
  • Iffer75
    Options

You are more than welcome. The more the merrier. What goals have you set for yourself? Setting goals help you keep focused. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hello friends,

Sorry to be a downer

I agree with Siobhannestor, don't kick yourself for taking a day off. I don't believe for one minute any of this is your fault. I will pray for everything to come out for the best for you and your little boy. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I just read your thread. I would love to join if i still can. I just started this Jan and have lost 4lbs so far. I want to lose 5 lbs a month. I am going on my first cruise ever and my first real vacation since my divorce 14 yrs ago. OMG, I never went on a vacation then. LOL This is my quest....

Welcome, glad you are here with us. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I really like this goal and would like to join this group. So far my weight loss has been going very slowly, but it's a great goal. Here's what I am trying to do to make it happen:
    1. Exercise every day for at least two hours (swimming, walking, spinning, weightlifting)
    3. Make most meals at home so that I can control the content. Emphasis on homemade soups and salads. No butter, sugar or white bread.:flowerforyou:

Welcome to the group, we are glad you are here. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options

You are more than welcome. The more the merrier. What goals have you set for yourself? Setting goals help you keep focused. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:

Welcome!
  • pbenison
    Options

Welcome to the group, we are glad you are here. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:

Welcome! I applaude you on making meals at home. i do this duriing the week, and take the leftovers to work (I work at a school). It really helps. Good luck!
  • pbenison
    Options

Welcome, glad you are here with us. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:

Congrats on the weight loss! Great accomplishment. Welcome and good luck!
  • pbenison
    Options
    Hello friends,

Sorry to be a downer

We are here for you Girl! Take care of your son and yourself :flowerforyou:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! You will love this group! I have found it very supportive and I feel like I know you all even though it is just in the daily messages that we communicate.
    Jenn- sorry about your son. I know it is hard to watch your kids get hurt. Believe me I have had 30 years experience in this field. It's hard to see them get hurt and to make mistakes. I'll be praying for you and for him to recover also. Give him a hug, poor little guy.
    pbenison- what do you do at school? I work at a school too. I teach 3rd grade.
    Good luck everyone and hope we all weigh in lighter tomorrow. Phyljen
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Burning 600+ calories a day through exercise is really difficult to do. Why don't you start off exercising 5 days a week for 30-45 minutes instead? This sounds like a struggle instead of a challenge. I'm not trying to bring you down, just trying to be realistic!!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Jenn big hugs go out to you. I am beginning unwarranted guilt is a big part of parenthood. We want them to never feel pain and when they do it hurts us too. Whatever happens you are in my prayers. I am a stress eater also and know if I were in your shoes I would be going over my calories for a few days. Take Care! Hope you have a better day today.

As a daycare provider may I ask what happened at daycare. When I hear these stories I want to know what happened so that if it is a danger I can eliminate from my home to protect the children I will do it>

Let me start by saying that I don't blame my daycare lady. She has 4 kids of her own, she is a great person a great mother and I still trust her with the most important part of my life -my kids. I truly feel like she loves my son like her own.
    Things just happen. She has 14 kids there with only 2-3 adults. I know that I can't keep my eye on my kids every min of everyday and I only have two kids.
    Well, I guess that he was laying on the ground (he does that as he plays with toy cars, running them on the "road" along the ground) and an older child on a bike was trying to ride past him. He must have put his hand out (maybe to protect this cars? maybe to say "get back I'm playing here" not sure really) and his finger went into the bike sprocket, the part that moves the chain around. The tip was cut off and my daycare lady put it into ice and tried to stop the bleeding while she called me to take him to the ER. I flew out of work (I work at a school, in the front office) even thought I had a line of parents I was helping. I didn't even tell my boss I was leaving early!
    Once in the ER we waited for a long time for the "hand Dr" who told me that it would heal fine, don't touch it until a week later when I was to see my sons Dr. By then the blood dried to his flesh and she couldn't get off the bandage without soaking it in warm water.
    I cleaned it everyday after that and we saw his Dr every week. But then she said it wasn't healing and sent me to see a diff Dr. A ped hand Dr. Who said that the tip was dead and it was just a bio-band-aid at that point. :sick:
    If it falls off on it's own than the finger might re-grow a bit. If not, then he will lose it to the knuckle. :sad:

Thank you all for your kind words. :heart:
    I did go over board on the snacks last night but I am going to try and stop that and I hope I still at least stay the same as last week.
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry Jen, my sons are 26 and 28 now and I still worry about them. It is natural and I believe instinctive. Thanks for all the welcoming messages. I am a teacher to. Art.... Great career!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I had a HARD last chance workout tonight!
    Did the norm Curves circuit at lunch today, but then after the kids went to bed I did a Jillian DVD for an hour (OMG) then a yoga pm cool down DVD about 28 more mins.
    1 1/2 hours of exercise and I am feeling much better about getting on that scale in the morning. I eat well today also, and didn't eat all my exercise cals.

:flowerforyou: Hope you all have a good weigh in!