5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    I am not a big salad fan. But I have to admit I really enjoyed the McDonald's Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken I had for dinner tonight. I updated the information from McDonald's website into My Foods because there were so many in the MFP data base, it was hard to sort them out. FYI: On the McDonald's website you will find all the info (including ingredients) for any product they sell. Very informative.

Just wanted to share :)

Have a good weekend!

Pam

Hindsight is 20/20...the next time though I will leave off the Lime Glaze and Southwest Dressing. On both of these, the 2nd ingredient is corn syrup!!
  • chattiekat
    Options
    Count me in! I just started started a weight loss program at a local wellness clinic. I'm following the diabetic diet, exercising a few times a week, and taking weekly lipo-vite injections. I go for my first weigh-in this coming Monday. So far I'm down 2.4 lbs! Good luck, everyone!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am not a big salad fan. But I have to admit I really enjoyed the McDonald's Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken I had for dinner tonight. I updated the information from McDonald's website into My Foods because there were so many in the MFP data base, it was hard to sort them out. FYI: On the McDonald's website you will find all the info (including ingredients) for any product they sell. Very informative.

Have a good weekend!

Pam

I have tried it also and I like it 2! I try not to go to the Mc D's, but good choice if ya have to get a l little something fast.
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Count me in! I just started started a weight loss program at a local wellness clinic. I'm following the diabetic diet, exercising a few times a week, and taking weekly lipo-vite injections. I go for my first weigh-in this coming Monday. So far I'm down 2.4 lbs! Good luck, everyone!

Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Options

Haven't really figured out how this quote stuff works yet.

Just type under where it says quote :wink:
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    For the funny bone...

I served a mixed veggie side dish to the daycare kids today. One of them picked up a piece of cauliflower and said "I've never had white broccoli before!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is so cute! Your daycare kids are lucky! I've always imagined day care food to be so so, but your kids get to eat trees :smile:
  • siobhannestor
    Options

Have a good weekend!

Pam

Hindsight is 20/20...the next time though I will leave off the Lime Glaze and Southwest Dressing. On both of these, the 2nd ingredient is corn syrup!!

Why do they have to put sugar, and especially corn syrup, in everything?!>!>!???? :noway: Even things that are supposed to be healthy for you like salads and whole grain bread? :grumble:

You should still congratulate yourself for eating the healthiest thing on the menu! :bigsmile:
  • siobhannestor
    Options

Welcome! :bigsmile:
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    So, I know that I shouldn't have done it, but despite what I wrote, I was feeling so sad and discouraged after working so hard this past week :sad: and not losing anything, especially so early in the game, that I stepped on the scale this morning anyway, just in case. I weighed 191, down 1.5 pounds! :happy: ~ Shivaun
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have not been on for the last couple of days, I have actually been busy at work.

I did not do so good this week. For some reason I felt like not eating healthy and working out. I can say yesterday and today are a different story . I got back on track yesterday and I plan on not making any mistakes throughout the weekend. I plan on putting in a movie tonite and running while watching it. That will keep me busy for a while. I am pretty upset with myself for letting myself go. I gained about 3 pounds. I am determined to lose those pounds before I start Insanity next Monday. So, no more silly stupid excuses. I deserve to lose that weight and keep it off. I can and will do it.

I was talking to a girlfriend of mine this morning and she said, "you know, you have worked really hard for over a year now and if you gained only 3 pounds for slacking off for a short time, don't let it get to you. You know you will lose it and keep going. I wouldn't even worry about it." So, I will think of it that way.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to take care of yourself. We all deserve the best for ourselves. Don't give up on yourself. Push through and make it happen, you can do it. Keep up the awesome work everyone. :bigsmile:
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Sorry I have not been on for the last couple of days, I have actually been busy at work.

I did not do so good this week. For some reason I felt like not eating healthy and working out. I can say yesterday and today are a different story . I got back on track yesterday and I plan on not making any mistakes throughout the weekend. I plan on putting in a movie tonite and running while watching it. That will keep me busy for a while. I am pretty upset with myself for letting myself go. I gained about 3 pounds. I am determined to lose those pounds before I start Insanity next Monday. So, no more silly stupid excuses. I deserve to lose that weight and keep it off. I can and will do it.

I was talking to a girlfriend of mine this morning and she said, "you know, you have worked really hard for over a year now and if you gained only 3 pounds for slacking off for a short time, don't let it get to you. You know you will lose it and keep going. I wouldn't even worry about it." So, I will think of it that way.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to take care of yourself. We all deserve the best for ourselves. Don't give up on yourself. Push through and make it happen, you can do it. Keep up the awesome work everyone. :bigsmile:

You're back! :flowerforyou: I agree with your friend - don't worry about it! You have been doing so well! :bigsmile:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    So, I know that I shouldn't have done it, but despite what I wrote, I was feeling so sad and discouraged after working so hard this past week :sad: and not losing anything, especially so early in the game, that I stepped on the scale this morning anyway, just in case. I weighed 191, down 1.5 pounds! :happy: ~ Shivaun

Yay Shivaun! I weigh more than the once a week :embarassed: every time I go to the gym I jump on before I workout. I feel like it helps me stay on track. If I am more that day it makes me push harder. I realize that people can change a few lbs day to day, but I drink a lot of water and so if I am more one day I will assume I drank more or had a lot of sodium the day before. :drinker: Congrats on the loss. :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Options

Great that your friend was so positive! Everyday is a new day and you are doing just the right thing by not gettig down on yourself. It is hard not to sometimes but I love how you understand that this change is because you deserve the best!:drinker:
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in on this? because 5lb a month sounds like a doable challenge :happy:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in on this? because 5lb a month sounds like a doable challenge :happy:

It is never too late! Anyone is welcome to join at anytime.
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Ive got 6 stone or 84lb's to lose so that's some way to go lol :happy: thanks for letting me join in!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I reset my HRM from 185 pounds to 180, so today when I did my 5k I did not burn as many calories:mad: , but it is part of losing and getting in better shape.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am trying to cut 15-30 seconds off my time everytime I run. Maybe by spring I will be brave enough to run outside where others can see me! Actually what I need to do is get registered for a 5k so I have to push myself to do it:smile: .
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! :bigsmile: Congratulations to you, too, for your success this week! :drinker:
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Fantastic! Ive got 6 stone or 84lb's to lose so that's some way to go lol :happy: thanks for letting me join in!

Welcome, Gixercon! This is a great place to get support. I've got a lot to lose, too - 54 pounds (since men lose faster than women, that seems pretty equivalent). Anyway, good luck!
  • Jennplus2
    Options

Welcome :happy: