5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I reset my HRM from 185 pounds to 180, so today when I did my 5k I did not burn as many calories:mad: , but it is part of losing and getting in better shape.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am trying to cut 15-30 seconds off my time everytime I run. Maybe by spring I will be brave enough to run outside where others can see me! Actually what I need to do is get registered for a 5k so I have to push myself to do it:smile: .

I placed an order for a HRM on friday, should come monday! :bigsmile:
    Can't wait to see what I really burn in a day.

:cry: Went about 225 over today. I ate good healthy food but I didn't exercise. I tried mixing well chopped veggies into sauce and it came out really well. My son asked for 3rds! I swear that child eats the most in my house and he isn't 3 yet! :laugh:
    I know what made me go over today so I will be better from here out. Big walk in the morning so I hope it wont rain for a good two hours or so at least.
    :drinker: Cheers
  • cct98362
    Options
    Yesterday I reset my HRM from 185 pounds to 180, so today when I did my 5k I did not burn as many calories:mad: , but it is part of losing and getting in better shape.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am trying to cut 15-30 seconds off my time everytime I run. Maybe by spring I will be brave enough to run outside where others can see me! Actually what I need to do is get registered for a 5k so I have to push myself to do it:smile: .

YES SIGN UP TODAY! Get online or to a local sports shop and find a fun 5k in your area for May or June. Picture how proud of yourself you will be as you kick your heels across that finish line!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Well my friends, I went to my friends house to weigh myself, Remember how I didn't want to report until I stepped on those same scales???/ anyway.. it has been like 4 or 5 months since I weighed on those scales and I was hoping to see the number had gone down. but instead ... it went up to 159.5!!!!!! So I guess that is my real starting weight. I was horrified! I thought maybe her scales were off but I came in to school this morning and weighed at the nurses office and it said the same dang number so instead of 156.4 like I mentioned a few days ago My weight as of today is 159.5 and GOING DOWN until it is a good low number. I know there is a little person inside of me just wanting to get out. I was so excited and thought I had lost weight and really I think that I have lost during the week because I was faithful to do exercises and to eat healthy so I was probably above 159 when I actually started a few days ago. To make a long story short. LOL I am now going to re commit and I'll be hoping to report a loss come Friday this week. I have not weighed 159 since before I was married.. and that was 32 years ago.. ( except when I was pregnant of course) You are all a big motivation to me and I want my numbers to drop and also to be a positive force in this quest to a healthier US!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I think I did well for this weekend. Made healthy dinners both nights and today I was able to stay under my cal goal. I also did a jog for an hour with my mom's Wii fit. Feel that in my calves, good pain tho.
    I did get on my mom's scale today and it said the same as Friday so I am happy. In the past I have always had a least a little gain on the weekends. :bigsmile:
    Ready for Monday?
  • phyljen
    Options
    Jennplus2 Way to go. Not gaining on the week ends is not that easy to do. So give yourself a pat on the back. How many miles to you jog when you jog for a mile on wii? Does it keep track of that too or just the time? I jog/brisk walked for 45 minutes on the track outside at 5:00 am. I was the only one there for about 30 minutes. It is a cool morning her in Cairo but it felt great once I started to sweat. I love that feeling when my cheeks get all hot from working out. The step aerobics class last night at school was a killer too and then we did some pilates at the end and it was so relaxing. I loved it. Phyljen
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning all hope everyone had a great weekend!

Congratulations to the Saints. I think the game last night was probably a better game than the Super Bowl will be. Now I am looking forward to Twin's Baseball.

It's amazing how life can get you up and moving. Yesterday I was planning to not workout at all. Church, then sit and work on taxes, and then watch football. My husband and kids decided we should go swimming so I got an hour of lap swimming done. According to MFP that was over 500 calories. YES!

Have you planned your day? Whats for your meals? What are your exercise goals? What are you doing to take care of yourself?

Have an awesome day!:smile:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

You are right, registering for a 5K will keep you motivated to doing better. That is what I did last year and I ran a 4 mile and a 5K. They were both great. This year I plan on running a half marathon in October. If you set your mind to it, you can do anything. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I placed an order for a HRM on friday, should come monday! :bigsmile:
    Can't wait to see what I really burn in a day.

:cry: Went about 225 over today. I ate good healthy food but I didn't exercise. I tried mixing well chopped veggies into sauce and it came out really well. My son asked for 3rds! I swear that child eats the most in my house and he isn't 3 yet! :laugh:
    I know what made me go over today so I will be better from here out. Big walk in the morning so I hope it wont rain for a good two hours or so at least.
    :drinker: Cheers

200 calories over is not going to hurt you. Now if you did that everyday that would be a different story. Don't worry too much about it. Just remember next time to squeeze in your exercise and that will help you out in the long run.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well my friends, I went to my friends house to weigh myself, Remember how I didn't want to report until I stepped on those same scales???/ anyway.. it has been like 4 or 5 months since I weighed on those scales and I was hoping to see the number had gone down. but instead ... it went up to 159.5!!!!!! So I guess that is my real starting weight. I was horrified! I thought maybe her scales were off but I came in to school this morning and weighed at the nurses office and it said the same dang number so instead of 156.4 like I mentioned a few days ago My weight as of today is 159.5 and GOING DOWN until it is a good low number. I know there is a little person inside of me just wanting to get out. I was so excited and thought I had lost weight and really I think that I have lost during the week because I was faithful to do exercises and to eat healthy so I was probably above 159 when I actually started a few days ago. To make a long story short. LOL I am now going to re commit and I'll be hoping to report a loss come Friday this week. I have not weighed 159 since before I was married.. and that was 32 years ago.. ( except when I was pregnant of course) You are all a big motivation to me and I want my numbers to drop and also to be a positive force in this quest to a healthier US!

The scale will go down for you, just remember to journal your food and exercise so you can see where you might need to improve and work harder. You can do this and we are all here cheering you on. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I think I did well for this weekend. Made healthy dinners both nights and today I was able to stay under my cal goal. I also did a jog for an hour with my mom's Wii fit. Feel that in my calves, good pain tho.
    I did get on my mom's scale today and it said the same as Friday so I am happy. In the past I have always had a least a little gain on the weekends. :bigsmile:
    Ready for Monday?

Great job keeping up with eating healthy and working out over the weekend. Keep up the awesome work. Have a great week. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay here is my weigh in for Saturday
    1/2/10 171.0
    1/9/10 168.8
    1/16/10 165.8
    1/23/10 167.0

Yes, I gained 2 pounds, but that is not bad considering how bad I was last week. This week will be much better and I plan on being back down to 165 before I start Insanity on Monday.

Have a great week everybody. :bigsmile:
  • phyljen
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Looks like you have done an excellent job in losing your weight. And WOW planning to run a half marathon. I have done 5 k and 10 k's but don't think I'll ever do a half marathon. I have been journalling all the food I have eaten since I joined. Right now it says I should still eat about 400+ more calories because I did exercise. I just got back from dinner with friends and I am stuffed. I had the grilled chicken with rice and beans at Chili's and I can't think of eating another calorie. I jogged/walked this morning for 45 minutes. It felt great. anyway .Thanks for the faith in my losing the weight. I am really motivated now.
  • phyljen
    Options
    I am not up on who the Saints are or the other teams that you mentioned but FYI Egypt just won the game they played in the African cup and the whole country is celebrating. It is WILD. Horns honking, people screaming, flags flying and beating drums as they walk down the street. It is going to be a stretch to get to sleep tonight! and in a few days we play Algeria.. And that game is going to be intense!!!!
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Due to a faulty set of scales ive reset my ticker today so for me the month starts now! its a bit of a bummer but at least i know where i am with the new set of ACCURATE scales lol
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I am not up on who the Saints are or the other teams that you mentioned but FYI Egypt just won the game they played in the African cup and the whole country is celebrating. It is WILD. Horns honking, people screaming, flags flying and beating drums as they walk down the street. It is going to be a stretch to get to sleep tonight! and in a few days we play Algeria.. And that game is going to be intense!!!!

Saints are a football team out of New Orleans Louisiana. They are playing in the Super Bowl in a couple of weeks. The super bowl is the championship of professional football. I am guessing you are talking about soccer.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Ready to kick your mental game up a notch?

ACCEPT CHANGE AS THE NEW NORMAL. CONSIDER THAT THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE COME FROM CHANGE; MARRIAGE, A CAREER...HAVING KIDS. STEPPING OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE IS THE KEY TO GROWTH.

For me this year I plan to get out of my comfort zone and take my exercise outside. Let people see me running. I am looking for a 5k to run in my area in May or June.
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Hello girls and boy :bigsmile: (Sorry gixercon I couldn't help myself, so glad to have a dude join us!)

Phyijen-
    About 10 miles I think. It does reset every 10 mins, but every 10 mins is a little less than 2 miles.

TCASMEY-
    Great job on the lap swimming, and I think the 5k run is a great goal.

jjtonic-
    Thanks for the encouragement. I sure needed it today. I told you all about my getting a HRM. It came today and I found out that my exercise cals I have been logging have been WAY over what I am really doing. :sad: I thought I was doing it all right. I had been eating all those cals like they had been burned. :explode:

Good news is that now I know. :ohwell: I will just have to do the elliptical everyday as well to make it up, I am use to eating all the cals I thought I had. I am glad I planned on making a super low cal fish dish tonight.
    I am feeling so down about it :grumble: but I guess as long as I am still losing I should shut up. :tongue:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hello girls and boy :bigsmile: (Sorry gixercon I couldn't help myself, so glad to have a dude join us!)

Phyijen-
    About 10 miles I think. It does reset every 10 mins, but every 10 mins is a little less than 2 miles.

TCASMEY-
    Great job on the lap swimming, and I think the 5k run is a great goal.

jjtonic-
    Thanks for the encouragement. I sure needed it today. I told you all about my getting a HRM. It came today and I found out that my exercise cals I have been logging have been WAY over what I am really doing. :sad: I thought I was doing it all right. I had been eating all those cals like they had been burned. :explode:

Good news is that now I know. :ohwell: I will just have to do the elliptical everyday as well to make it up, I am use to eating all the cals I thought I had. I am glad I planned on making a super low cal fish dish tonight.
    I am feeling so down about it :grumble: but I guess as long as I am still losing I should shut up. :tongue:

I had the same problem when I got a HRM. I would go on the elliptical until it said 1000 calories burned and I was so proud, then I got and HRM that I could set for me and I was only burning a little over 700 calories. I read somewhere most machines that have calorie counters are set for a 185 pound man, and men just burn calories differently than women.

Congratulations on the new HRM>
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Today is going to be a hard one for me! I feel like I am getting a really bad cold. I am achy and tired and very very grouchy. Days like today are the days where it is hard to stay within my calories and get exercise. I do plan to take it easy and let my body rest today. Usually my day off is Friday but I have learned to listen to my body. Hope everyone is having a better day!
  • phyljen
    Options
    tcasmey - Hope you are feeling better soon. Colds and achy bodies are not too fun. Glad you are listening to your body. You go girl! My day was crazy at school with my little third graders! I have one hyper active group of kids this year and it is like a work out just getting them to calm down and do a little work.