My 2010 challenge : 52 times 7/7

Options

Replies

• Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Hip Hop Abs DVD and my body feels great. I am up to 5/7.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Is it 5/7 ALREADY? Wow the time flies!! Instead of the hour P90X Plyo I worked it with shaunT Insanity Max Interval Plyo and burned 483 cals!!!!
    I am glad I inspire you chocolickkyss! Keep workin it! Are you just doing random P90X or are you following the program? I am in week 5 already and throw in the Insanity for harder cardio! i should have done p90x first but oh well!
    Welcome to the fit club April! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other!!!
    verda

I'm goin to try to follow the program BUT I know I get bored easily so we'll see how it goes. I want to at least give it a shot and see what happens just the thought of doing it for 90 days is a bit overwhelming.

P90X and Insanity, YOU ROCK!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    5/7 I did 2 miles with leslie. Will try to do 25 min on the treadmill b4 bed to get my 60 min.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Sorry for my absence. I am 5/7. Today I tried Dancing with the Stars latin cardio. It was a lot of fun even though the dances weren't easy,
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post last night...REALLY didn't want to exercise, but got on this thread and knew I had to...I REALLY couldn't do this without you guys...anywho...did 32 minutes of Wii Fit...Thanks for the support!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, today's workout is complete. I did 59 minutes of P90X's "Arms and Shoulders" dvd and it was not nearly as bad as I expected. I'm stronger than I thought (I guess Jillian Michael's dvd and boot camp got me in pretty good shape) b/c the 8 lb weights I was using didn't seem heavy enough on a good portion of the exercises which means I'm going to have to purchase the 10 lbs very soon (hopefully over the weekend). Nonetheless, I think it was a good introduction and now that I have a better idea of what to expect I'll be better prepared.

Chocolickkyss: 6/7

I'm looking forward to earning another point tomorrow.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Could you guys stop talking about latin dance DVD for a while. I can't buy it for now, my money is all going for the final payment on my cruise :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ok, that was my jealous side talking, don't pay any attention to it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was at 156.6!!! I am still losing weight even if I am in my red week!!! Actually, I have lost 1.8 lbs in 2 days!!! At the beginning of the year, my goal was to lose 5 lbs per month. I wanted to be at 155 by February 1st, at 150 by March 1st, at 145 by April 1st and at 140 by may 1st. While I am on a cruise, I always gain some weight so I wanted to still be at 140 by June 1st and finally, be at 135 by July 1st. If I keep on losing weight this fast, I will be at 135 before my cruise!! That would be so sweet :happy: :happy: I would love to wear a bikini on the cruise. I have one I haven't worn for years... Hope it fits by then :happy:

Kim, I am so glad we were here for you, to push you into doing your exercises. Keep it up!!!

You rock Choco. It is so nice to see that we can use heavier weights.

Saxoldies was at a music practice last night and he did some work with his abs. He too is up to 5/7. If he keeps it up, he will finally earn his first point of the year :happy: :laugh:

Last night, my knee was in pain and Saxoldies did a little work on it. Today, it feels great!!!

I will do my routine for my knee. I will also go on the AKP and on the Gazelle. Finally, I will do some Hip Hop Abs. I want this belly to vanish!!! I have two 2.5 lbs ankle weight. I will put them on today for my whole workout either wrapped around my ankles or around my wrists. I have to start somewhere, right :wink:

Be good!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Could you guys stop talking about latin dance DVD for a while. I can't buy it for now, my money is all going for the final payment on my cruise :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ok, that was my jealous side talking, don't pay any attention to it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was at 156.6!!! I am still losing weight even if I am in my red week!!! Actually, I have lost 1.8 lbs in 2 days!!! At the beginning of the year, my goal was to lose 5 lbs per month. I wanted to be at 155 by February 1st, at 150 by March 1st, at 145 by April 1st and at 140 by may 1st. While I am on a cruise, I always gain some weight so I wanted to still be at 140 by June 1st and finally, be at 135 by July 1st. If I keep on losing weight this fast, I will be at 135 before my cruise!! That would be so sweet :happy: :happy: I would love to wear a bikini on the cruise. I have one I haven't worn for years... Hope it fits by then :happy:

Kim, I am so glad we were here for you, to push you into doing your exercises. Keep it up!!!

You rock Choco. It is so nice to see that we can use heavier weights.

Saxoldies was at a music practice last night and he did some work with his abs. He too is up to 5/7. If he keeps it up, he will finally earn his first point of the year :happy: :laugh:

Last night, my knee was in pain and Saxoldies did a little work on it. Today, it feels great!!!

I will do my routine for my knee. I will also go on the AKP and on the Gazelle. Finally, I will do some Hip Hop Abs. I want this belly to vanish!!! I have two 2.5 lbs ankle weight. I will put them on today for my whole workout either wrapped around my ankles or around my wrists. I have to start somewhere, right :wink:

Be good!!!
    I am glad you are seeing the positive results!:smile:
    If your knee has been bothering you please do not put those weights on your ankles or your hubby will really need to massage again!! Have a happy workout!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Sorry Missou :flowerforyou: but I am 6/7 after doing 55 min of the intro steps to Zumba this morning. I can' twait to try the moves in a real workout.
  • kgasser
    Options
    Choco...you are my hero...I wanna be just like you when I grow up!

Missou, GREAT JOB...maybe I wanna be just like you when I grow up...I am so confused...:noway:

Pin, I am sooo jealous that you can get yourself moving in the morning like that...I just can't do it!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Verda, in order for my knee to stop hurting, I have to strenghten my quads and my armstrings, orthopedist orders :wink: A 2.5 lbs is not harmful for my knee and it will help to strenghten the muscles more quickly and then, the pain will vanish. The work Saxoldies does on my knee takes about 5 minutes every night and it helps me to do as much as I can. I am not overdoing it, don't worry, I am simply using the tools I have and Hubby is happy to help me on this journey.

Thanks a lot for your concern :flowerforyou:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Victoria :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :explode: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kim, I am all confused too, how old are you? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kgasser
    Options
    41...but I refuse to grow up at this point!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I know this is a silly question because you probably do PT and all that, but do you do step ups backwards? It is the ONLY thing that helps my knee ( I have dislocated the kneecap twice). When I am at curves each "step time" I find a platform about 2 inches and I step on and off of it backwards leading with my "bad knee". It strengthens that quad which stabilizes the knee. Just a thought.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    6/7 C25K & circuit training

Check out this post about Nike+ and helping Haiti.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/79607-nike-help-for-haiti
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    6/7 for me today and I feel super, :drinker: did a stretch to warm up and then Bella and I hit the outdoors, ran a slow jog for 3 mintues then took off, ran my farthest ever today 5 miles and it looks like I was right around an 11.6 minute mile:bigsmile: ...I haven't ran very much this winter, it was nice to get outdoors!! Another intense stretch when I got home and Ab ripper.

You all are doing great, thank each and everyone of you for the motivation!

I'm off for a protein shake, just had to post my good news :laugh: :laugh:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    6/7 C25K & circuit training

Check out this post about Nike+ and helping Haiti.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/79607-nike-help-for-haiti
    This looks interesting and another way to get motivated and fit and lend a helping hand..thanks for posting, I will check it out.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    When I am at curves each "step time" I find a platform about 2 inches and I step on and off of it backwards leading with my "bad knee". It strengthens that quad which stabilizes the knee.

This is an excellent exercise. Also consider front step ups and side step ups (I am assuming that your "involved" knee stays on the platform to raise and lower you). You will strengthen all of the major muscle groups for your hip and knee. I just read an article that incorporating multi directional step ups into therapy treatments helps reduce risk of falls in the elderly.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Victoria, the muscles that help stabilize the knee are the quads and the hamstrings. Working them in every direction makes them stronger. You are absolutly right.

Kim, what I do to strenghten my leg is very simple, but very effective. I did it for several months when I started working out last March and it worked wonders. At the end of August, I had a bad fall and instead of doing the exercises that I had done before, I just prayed that it would get better... Yeah, sure... Yesterday, I decided to go back at the beginning, because I know that the exercises are really good. Maybe, you could try them.

Sitting down on a chair, you staighten your leg with your foot flexed as much as possible. When the leg is straight, you keep the position for 5 seconds before bringing your foot down slowly. You repeat that movement 25 times. Next you repeat the same movements for another 25 reps with your flexed foot turned as much as possible outwards. Finally, you repeat the movements for 25 reps with your flexed foot turned as much as possible inwards.

The next serie of exercises has to be done standing up. Making sure your knees always stay together, you bend your leg to a 90 degree angle with your foot placed in the same positions as mentionned above and for the same amount of reps.

These exercises can be done practicly anywhere and the will help strenghten every fiber of your abs and your hamstrings. My muscles are strong enough for me to work with some weight, but they need more work.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    This afternoon, I did the exercises for my knee with the ankle weights. I kept the weights to go on the AKP and on the Gazelle for 30 minutes. I then did the "Total body burn" Hip Hop Abs DVD holding the weights in my hands when I was prompted to do so. Now, it is time for me to relax and take a shower... It is kind of smelly here... :wink:

Talk to you later!!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I decided to change things up a bit.

vhuber- I wanted to try your exercises (Insanity- Shaun T) and and boy, I loved it. I was sweating like I have never sweated before and I loved it. It was exactly what I needed. I noticed I was hungrier today then usual, so I got to eat extra for the hard work!!!!

I'm at 6/7 and did Shaun T's Insanity Plyometrics and Insanity Abs, for a total of like 70 minutes or so. I feel great!!!

Have a great day all!!!!