My 2010 challenge : 52 times 7/7

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    6/7 for me.
    70 minutes of P90X Back,Bicep and AB Ripper then 45 minutes on the elliptical,and ran 2 miles on the dreadmill! I still have like 800 calories left for the day but I am tired and will go to bed as soon as I post to my groups on mfp!
    Good night my competitve friends, may we beat each other to sleep! LOL
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    6/7 I did Hip Hop Abs Fat burning cardio 2 and taebo basic b/c my taebo advanced broke in the vcr:sad:
  • vhuber
    Options
    6/7 I did Hip Hop Abs Fat burning cardio 2 and taebo basic b/c my taebo advanced broke in the vcr:sad:
    Good job on the workout and I'm sorry the advanced taebo broke, I am sad for ya!
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot to post again last night...Curves 30 minutes. 6/7 for me.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, my day got off to a very slow start b/c once again I did not sleep well. I was tired, so, headed to bed about 11 pm but was up around 1 am for no apparent reason. I could not fall back to sleep until about 4 am so getting up to exercise at 6 am was not going to happen. I finally did muster up the energy and got the workout done. Today is day 4 of P90X and it was suppose to be Yoga. I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around doing Yoga especially since that dvd is 90 minutes long. So instead of doing the Yoga dvd I did 40 minutes of the Cardio X dvd which incorporates moves from the Yoga, Plyo, Kenpo and Core X dvds. That was a nice burn and I can feel yesterday's workout of shoulders and arms.

As always I am glad I did the workout AND that it's over for the day.

Chocolickkyss: 7/7...Woohoo, I've earned a smiley face and another point for the year.

I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    7/7 I hate to be happy when a client cancels but it gave me a free hour. The exercise Gods must have been smiling on me. I found myself a mile from my mom's house and she had the day off. So we squeezed in a 1/2 hour of low impact aerobics. I plan to try some Zumba when I get home from work.
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! Lily came back home yesterday and does not want to see me. That is normal since I am the one who brought her to the vet and who is forcing her to take the pain killers. Some people might say that I am cruel, but after the surgery she just had, she needs those pain killers. She will come back to me soon and we will be best friends :happy:

Yesterday, Saxoldies gave me a much needed massage. That was his exercise for the day. Today, I will take it easy. I will do the work for my knee and I will do some Pilates. My body needs to rest a little. I probably will go do a little something when Saxoldies will come home tonight to encourage him or I will just sit while we talk during his exercise. I'll see how I feel.

Almomay, it is a great idea to change your program from time to time. Your body cannot get use to one particular training and get bored, it is always challenged.

Verda, I hope you were able to rest well last night, I know I did!!

Ivykivy, it is too bad about your Taebo, I hope you can replace it.

Congradulations Choco. I raise my hat to you. Doing a 40 minutes cardio workout after such a bad night is not easy. It takes a lot of commitment :flowerforyou:

Nice going Victoria. I love it that you are able to encourage your mom to exercise like this.

Speak to you all later!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    7/7 for Ms Debra:bigsmile: , I did a kickbox routine, Strikezone and I warmed up with a 15 minute elliptical!
    How cool another week gone, gone, gone!!!
    I'm at the car dealers right now, they have free wifi, so I brought the laptop and thought I'd catch up on posts....they have tons of free food here too...so I am going to keep my fingers busy!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    You better keep those little fingers very busy Debra :laugh: :laugh:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Hope your fingers are getting a SUPER workout Debra!!!! LOL
    7/7 Insanity Plyometrics Cardio Circuit and 'some' yoga! I am sooooo not into yoga but I will try and give it another shot later today!
    i am checking into a NEW car too! The Buick Enclave!!! :heart:
    Yes Dominique I had a nice night until hubby gets up at 3 a.m. to leave for work by 4 a.m! I get his food and lunch already the night before so I do NOT have to get up at that ungodly hour! But my "hot flash" alarm usually goes off between 4:30-5:00! Oh well I will take that, a year ago it was every hour and i was contemplating suicide! not really but it was unbelievable!!! Now my progesteron pill helps me sleep and I am almost "normal" now!! LOl
    Hope everybody bust's a sweat without a hotflash today! LOL
    Verda
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Thanks Verda and Missou. Sometimes you have to move on. I need to let the vcr tapes go. It is another sign I am getting old :laugh:

Verda, I hope you you had a good night sleep. I wake up every hour to go to the bathroom.

Missou sorry Lily is angry with you. But like you said she will come back to you.

Debra, my dad is a mechanic and sales cars. You don't want to go anywhere near the food. They tend not to be the best at handwashing.:laugh:

7/7 today. Did C25K week 5 day 1. I just moved on. I had to slow down but I'm going to keep going til I finish. I will do more walk/jog intervals later at an actual running speed:laugh:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I wonder where Casi is. She hasn't been around since last Saturday. I hope every thing is alright with her.

When I go at my mechanic's, I usually take a box of chocolate that is on display on the counter or I go take a long walk outside. I know, the walk is better for me, but.....

Ivykivy, wouldn't it be possible for you to get a Taebo DVD?

I am up to 7/7 too!! I did the work for my knee and I went on the AKP. I am starting to see my muscles on my left thigh and a little on my stomach. I can't wait to see the same thing the right thigh and on my calves. I am going to look good in a bikini in May :happy: :happy:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Missou- cheers to looking good in bathing suit in May!!!!

Vhuber- wow, you rock with your workouts!!!!!! You are truly inspirational!!!!!

makeitallsue- Awesome willpower, you can do it!!!!!!!!

I am so excited, I'm at 7/7 for another point. I did Shaun T's Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance & cArdio Abs, for a total of 60 minutes. The Insanity exercises were exactly what I was looking for in terms of needing a push. I have never sweated so much in my life, and I love it. I'm left sweating just like the guys on the TV. It's kinda like a bootcamp/ plyometrics/ army training. But I love it!!!!!!

Have a great day all!!!!!!!!!!
  • kgasser
    Options
    YOU ALL ROCK!!!

I, too, get my smiley face! 7/7 again...I can't believe that I have actually exerciesed 13 days in a row! I can safely say this is the first time this has happened in my ENTIRE life!

I can't thank all of you enough:heart: , but especially you, Missou for thinking of it!:love::love: :flowerforyou: :love: :love:

Kim
  • vhuber
    Options
    Missou- cheers to looking good in bathing suit in May!!!!

Vhuber- wow, you rock with your workouts!!!!!! You are truly inspirational!!!!!

makeitallsue- Awesome willpower, you can do it!!!!!!!!

I am so excited, I'm at 7/7 for another point. I did Shaun T's Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance & cArdio Abs, for a total of 60 minutes. The Insanity exercises were exactly what I was looking for in terms of needing a push. I have never sweated so much in my life, and I love it. I'm left sweating just like the guys on the TV. It's kinda like a bootcamp/ plyometrics/ army training. But I love it!!!!!!

Have a great day all!!!!!!!!!!
    Insanity spoils ANY other workout! Once you get through the 2 month series you are addicted to the high energy calorie burning sweat dripping workouts and none other can replace it! They need to label it with a Caution " May becomes an addiction"!
    Did you start from the beginning with the fit test ? They NEVER get easy!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    YOU ALL ROCK!!!

I, too, get my smiley face! 7/7 again...I can't believe that I have actually exerciesed 13 days in a row! I can safely say this is the first time this has happened in my ENTIRE life!

I can't thank all of you enough:heart: , but especially you, Missou for thinking of it!:love::love: :flowerforyou: :love: :love:

Kim
    Yeah Kim!!! Along with your well deserved smiley I send youcheers:drinker: ! Good job!!!!
  • kgasser
    Options
    Thanks Vhuber I will take it and send one right back at ya:drinker:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    vhuber- I didn't start with the Fit Test. I'm exploring the dvds and just trying them out to get a feel for them. You're right. Today is day 2, and I'm addicted to the high adrenaline. The first day I did them, I thought to myself, this guy is insane. Then I thought, that's why it's called Insanity!!!.. I've been looking for a high calorie burner when I can't go to the gym and run in the treadmill. It's like my body yearned for a high calorie burner.

kgasser- You're right!!! Everyone here rocks!!! And high five to you for exercising all of those days consecutively. I don't think I would be able to do this without you guys!!!!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    1/7 starting the week out right by jogging on the treadmill. Today is the first day (counting warm up and cool down) that I hit the 5K mark. Hopefully it wont be too long until I can jog the whole way. I spent 45 min on the treadmill jogging for 35.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies! Today is day 5 of the P90X series and I completed 58 minutes of the Leg and Back dvd along w/some of the Ab ripper X dvd. I can tell already that some dvd will be more problematic for me than others b/c I struggled w/leg and back today. Part of my problem is that I can only complete one pull up and the entire back section is different forms of the pull up. I tried to improvise by wrapping my bands around the pull up so I could at least do some type of back routine. While I did attempt to give it my all I'm really unsure on how successful I was at it. Now onto the problems w/the leg exercises. This dvd incorporates a lot of lunges or one legged squats (or something to that extent) and b/c I have a bad knee it was pretty difficult, so I tried to modify as best I could. All I can say is that I gave it my best and hopefully in time I find better ways to adjust.

Enough rambling, the workout is done....WooHoo, WooHoo!

Chocolickkyss: 1/7