"MILF"... it is offensive?

Options

Replies

• TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I would pity them for having such a limited vocabulary. If you think a lady is attractive, prove it by flexing your cognitive functions a little more. :)

This.
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Can't help but to wonder if there is some sideline rant going on that has mushroomed into a bunch of meaningless chatter. Good thing I'm heading off to the gym. Maybe a few MILFs will be there (simple-minded individuals will miss that was both a dig on this topic and intentionally sarcastic). I feel a few replies coming:-0 ...
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I hope one day when I have children I am referred to as a MILF. I personally find that as a compliment I don't see it offensive at all.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that called my dad GPILF.

He didn't care, but itdid make him blush. Hahaha
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    The colloquial acronym "MILF" (mom I'd like to f**k), a term typically utilized to describe a sexually attractive older woman, was most notably interjected into the American vernacular when it was scripted into the 1999 movie American Pie.

I personally find the term mildly annoying for no other reason than it has become so cliche' throughout the Internet and pop culture.

Some women find it offensive.

Some women wear it as a badge of honor.

Thoughts?

Happy Sunday.

It's not offensive or non-offensive. It's nothing. Just perception.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    i don't think its offensive..
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm a grandmother I wouldn't even be offended if I were called a GMILF. :glasses:
  • mrsredcat
    Options
    I find it offensive. It means that women are still judged by how they look and what they wear rather than what they do or say, which is what has always mean that women get less pay and less power in society. I dont want men to look at me and think they'd like to f**k me and I certainly wouldnt see that as a compliment, more a sympton of the flawed way in which they see me as a woman - Not as a politician, a manager, an entrepreneur, a mother - but someone they'd like to f**k.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Definatley a compliment just dont say anything about it to the son or daughter lol
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    Now that I'm a grandmother I wouldn't even be offended if I were called a GMILF. :glasses:

You are NOT a grandmother! I don't believe it.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    wow... the claws sure came out on this one!
  • lundii
    lundii Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment.
    But unfortunately we don't have a term like this in German...
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it before. Totally hilarious acronym, but I wonder why it seems relevent to ask the question.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Of course it isn't offensive, though I've seen it just as liberally applied to younger women who are moms (early 20s.)

Why should being a MILF be offensive when we all sit around admiring older men, like, old enough to be our fathers older.
    There's just no slang term for that. I suppose the only thing that is bothersome is how quick women are to receive labels
    (MILF, cougar) and yet what do guys get for labels? Maybe I am just missing out on that half of the slang/labels?
  • JeBebe
    Options
    Not offensive at all :)
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Yes, I find it offensive.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't find MILF offensive, but I do think Cougar is. MILF implies attractive MOTHER, not attractive OLD LADY. Cougar just implies old, or significantly oldER, than the guy she's interested in and doesn't mean attractive. It can mean financially well off though, or at least better off than the younger guy.

I do think MILF is tacky though, so just using it is a big strike.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    MILF is the best compliment you can ever gave to a mother.
    I am all for it.

SYH. Ya, not mine.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Oh silly women, thinking! and having feelings about things. How dare they not all enjoy boys proclaiming that they would **** them, as though it actually matters if they would or not?

Thread win!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    How many thread wins are there now?
This discussion has been closed.