"MILF"... it is offensive?

Options

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Like many terms, its who says it and when.
    Anything a creepy guy says is wrong, anything(almost) a good looking guy says is OK.

Yes I know its a gross generality, but so is MILF and all that kind of stuff.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Oh silly women, thinking! and having feelings about things. How dare they not all enjoy boys proclaiming that they would **** them, as though it actually matters if they would or not?

Thread win!

Agreed!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I feel like it depends on the delivery. Sometimes it can be a compliment, sometimes it can be degrading.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Anything a creepy guy says is wrong, anything(almost) a good looking guy says is OK.

so not true
  • LadiiKatt
    Options
    I'll take it!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    How many thread wins are there now?

Just the one I quoted. It's the true winner.

I don't spend much time pondering terms like MILF, but that quote helped me shape my thoughts on it. It's nice and good if men are thinking about a random woman's sex worthiness, people think and have reactions, whatever. It's more offensive to me that people feel they are entitled to share with random people that someone is sex worthy in his mind, and it's also offensive to me that women are expected to take that as a compliment. When I'm walking down the street, I actually don't want to hear your thoughts on my body and whether or not I qualify to be your sexual partner. My life was just fine and complete without your approval. If you are just dying to share your thoughts, there are much classier ways to express yourself. A smile and eye contact goes a long way and is unlikely to offend most people.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Being that my bf is 15 years younger than me and I am a mom... I have been called a MILF and a cougar!! Do I care? Hell no... Call me what you want.... I got a stud in my bed either way!!! lol :-)

Cougars are women over 40 who date men in their early 20s. 'hunt' younger men is more apt.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Oh silly women, thinking! and having feelings about things. How dare they not all enjoy boys proclaiming that they would **** them, as though it actually matters if they would or not?

Thread win!

Agreed!

I like!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

Wholly inaccurate, although widely assumed.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Eh, it's not something I aspire to. I have a teenage son. I'd prefer his friends do not look at me like that. I want to look hot, and feel attractive, but not to teenagers.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    How many thread wins are there now?

Just the one I quoted. It's the true winner.

I don't spend much time pondering terms like MILF, but that quote helped me shape my thoughts on it. It's nice and good if men are thinking about a random woman's sex worthiness, people think and have reactions, whatever. It's more offensive to me that people feel they are entitled to share with random people that someone is sex worthy in his mind, and it's also offensive to me that women are expected to take that as a compliment. When I'm walking down the street, I actually don't want to hear your thoughts on my body and whether or not I qualify to be your sexual partner. My life was just fine and complete without your approval. If you are just dying to share your thoughts, there are much classier ways to express yourself. A smile and eye contact goes a long way and is unlikely to offend most people.

Like. :)
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me one bit. If a young hot stud wants to call me a MILF and persue me, I say go for it! I didn't feel that way before it happened to me, but now I'm all for it! LOL
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Boring, self-indulgent thread is boring and self-indulgent. Granted, it is not quite as boring as 'Chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)' but it's certainly up there.
    In addition, your use of unnecessary commas after 'because' and the fact that you have started a sentence with the word 'and' tell me you are not quite as smart as you purport to be or indeed as clever as you would like people to imagine you are.
    I will conclude by saying that your half-face photos are as ridiculous as the infamous duckface pictures teenage girls are wont to take.

Winner winner chicken dinner and of course I mean organic skinless broiled with a pinch of salt, steamer veggies & brown rice chicken dinner.After all, this is MFP :tongue:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    milf, gilf or even the word ´cougar´... sooooo damn annoying, tacky and lame! :explode:
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    I use to get called a MILF until my daughter had a son now they call me a GILF.. I dont mind I do take it as a compliment. I better enjoy it now.. :)
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    without having read ALL the comments above... and putting myself at risk of reiterating another's remarks (sorry) ....

IMHO .......
    I would be offended if a person (male or female) of any age approached me and felt it appropriate to inform me that I am someone they would like to f***.
    It is rude.
    I would Never assume that it would be complimentary or flattering to come out to a person and say that.... So, why then is it socially acceptable to use an acronym to do essentially that?

I personally find the term "cougar" offensive as its implication is a predator seeking a meal... a woman over 40 surely has many options, she is not required to 'prey on the younger, more naive" of the species to feed her needs!! Get over yourselves boys! LOL
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    the men who use the term "MILF" would probably sleep with any woman,regardless of her looks. Being a ' mom' in the context of 'milf' suggests it's a reason NOT to sleep with a woman...otherwise, why mention the word mom or mother?

I'm not a woman, but if I was, I'd find it pretty vulgar to be referred to as a 'MILF'.
  • wantu2wantme
    Options
    I definitely take it as a compliment!!!
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Compliment, for sure.
  • PhatMama9
    PhatMama9 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I find it offensive. It means that women are still judged by how they look and what they wear rather than what they do or say, which is what has always mean that women get less pay and less power in society. I dont want men to look at me and think they'd like to f**k me and I certainly wouldnt see that as a compliment, more a sympton of the flawed way in which they see me as a woman - Not as a politician, a manager, an entrepreneur, a mother - but someone they'd like to f**k.
    yup...
This discussion has been closed.