"MILF"... it is offensive?

Options

Replies

• Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on who it's coming from. Some little teenage *kitten* chanting "milf" as they walk past me is not cool. Having my husband say it is awesome, =).
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am not a mom yet.. but if I were I would be flattered to be called a MILF
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The one thing I find offensive is to be lied to, I work with psychotic people...you can call me anything you want.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...it's a compliment! If a man calls you a MILF, he's not saying you are ugly so that's better, right?

Except for the mere fact that it once again reduces women to nothing more than objects with which men can satisfy their own personal desires. Most likely, that man knows nothing about me except what he can see. He has not taken the time to strike up a real conversation with me or he would not dare to get into a battle of wits.

So, while it may be intended as a compliment, some of us see it as not so much of one.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I am a mom, and I wouldn't be flattered to be called a milf.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Compliment. Not offensive.

I'm not a mom, but if someone called me a LSILF (law student I'd like to...) I would take it as a compliment.

So yeah.
    Lawyers are terribly unattractive. Trust me. ;)

Speak for yourself.
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, since the birth of our grandson, my husband calls me a GILF (and a MILF prior). I don't find it offensive whether he or anyone else says it...provided that nobody besides my husband ever actually attempts to ACT on it.

What I found mildly offensive was when, at 5'8" and 150# people would say to me "Wow, you've had 3 kids? You look amazing for a woman with 3 kids." as if to say, had I not had 3 kids I should be slimmer, trimmer, in better shape.

Another thing that annoys me is being called "Baby". I don't know why I'd rather be called a MILF or a GILF than "Baby" unless I actually am in a relationship with you, you gave birth to me or you fathered me.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    The idea is great, although the terminology is vulgar.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    The colloquial acronym "MILF" (mom I'd like to f**k), a term typically utilized to describe a sexually attractive older woman, was most notably interjected into the American vernacular when it was scripted into the 1999 movie American Pie.

I personally find the term mildly annoying for no other reason than it has become so cliche' throughout the Internet and pop culture.

Some women find it offensive.

Some women wear it as a badge of honor.

Thoughts?

Happy Sunday.

I'm almost 52 and I sure would not like that.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's a compliment, women overthink things.

Oh silly women, thinking! and having feelings about things. How dare they not all enjoy boys proclaiming that they would **** them, as though it actually matters if they would or not?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I prefer to call myself a MYLF....Mom You'd Like to F*k ;-)

LOL how bout MYWYCF? -- Mom You Wish You Could F*k

There you go. WINNER!
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    the very fact this exists implies that mothers are not f*uckable in the main....so yes, I would say it is offensive...to mothers in general......
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I get that it's a compliment, used in the right context. Mostly, I think it shows a lack of respect. Honestly, I hate the word that the F stands for. I'm sure part of it's a generational thing - I'm 55 yrs old. To me it shows a lack of intelligence - a lack of a larger vocabulary.

I'm just sayin'.....
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Not as offensive as GILF

I have been called a MILF and a GILF and don't find either offensive. I am a mum and a grandmother so both those are true and if some guy thinks I am hot as well that is a bonus.

Mind you I think being "offended" has become way too cliched personally, but then I am pretty much unoffendable. I have also been called Frigid, a b*tch, a sarcastic cow, a moron etc etc (some of which might possibly be true) are much worse than being called a MILF/GILF.
  • HeyVic66
    Options
    I think it's offensive. Can't someone just give the compliment without the objectifying addition of equating hot with using someone as a sexual object?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I get that it's a compliment, used in the right context. Mostly, I think it shows a lack of respect. Honestly, I hate the word that the F stands for. I'm sure part of it's a generational thing - I'm 55 yrs old. To me it shows a lack of intelligence - a lack of a larger vocabulary.

I'm just sayin'.....
    So, would "Mathriarchal female whom I am interested in exchanging sexual pleasures with" be more appealing? :laugh:
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    never heard of it before, thanks for the education ;)
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    a compliment definately.. :-)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    If you are half right, does that mean you saved half face?
    Clever retort on my picture.
    Thanks. I enjoyed myself. It made me laugh, and wasn't really going after you personally. I know it was juvenile and silly. But I did think it was pretty funny and clever.
    Granted, my picture is no KFC bucket full of Peeps someone else created and I then pirated from the Internet to express my unique creativity and individualism...
    I am not trying to express my unique creativity and individualism with that avatar pic. It's funny to me. And I like the image.

But your comment is a fair jab.
    but hey, I dare to dream.
    I'm not sure what you were trying to say here. I'm guessing it was sarcastic and insulting in some way, but I may have missed it. I do think dreaming is good. You should dream. Look forward, have goals. You can do anything you put your mind to and all that.

Assuming you meant to again insult the peep image, you might have left this last bit off.
    Did you want to continue this discussion?
    Do you mean the discussion about MILF and it being offensive? The etymology of "MILF"? Or whether yours and my avatar are worthy of further commentary?

I'd probably be up for any of those. You seem like a smart guy. I actually found your original post interesting and thought-provoking. It's a pretty good topic for the chit-chat section, IMO.

I think your response to someone pointing out the term "MILF" was around before American Pie was half-right. Hence, my comment. I think your original post could be interpreted in different ways - "most notably interjected into the American vernacular" is debatable. The term "milf" was certainly popularized in mainstream media after that film. But that's not what you wrote.

It's kind of a silly distinction to make, I realize. And really has little to do with the main point of your post (whether/why people find the phrase offensive). But you responded with such an air of arrogance, I thought it would be fun to poke at your answer, as well as comment on your half-face pics. It was self-serving of me, I know.
    Or are you smarter than your avatar lets on?
    Again, I'm not clear on what you mean. Are you saying my avatar makes me dumb? I don't think I'm dumb. I also wouldn't judge someone's intelligence solely on an avatar pic.

I do like fart jokes.
This discussion has been closed.