"MILF"... it is offensive?

Options

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    MILF I'm ok with. I won't like cougar once I get there lol

Isn't a cougar an older woman looking for a younger guy?

Nothing to be with being hot or not, right?

That is my understanding of a Cougar. Nothing to do with looks, but more of an age gap (ie 50yo woman seeking 25yo male)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't get why it's considered offensive.

It's a term, a phrase, a word.

Get over it.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 I'll take being called a MILF anyday :) I work hard at looking the best 50 I can...so compliments are nice.

A cougar I am not.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I always thought of it as (cougar) a hot old lady lol
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options

Pronounced - my- why- cif?

LOL sounds chinese

It very well could be. Haha.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    A guy calling a woman a MILF is like a guy whistling at woman....

Enjoy it ladies......You only go around once.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I always thought of it as (cougar) a hot old lady lol
    [/quote

I thought it meant an older woman whom young guys found attractive.

oops I posted in the quote box.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    So on the flip side is D.I.L.F offensive to men??
    If a female called me a DILF, I'd first ask to see her ID and proof of age before I continued the conversation.

Nice!! Hahaha
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    A guy calling a woman a MILF is like a guy whistling at woman....

Enjoy it ladies......You only go around once.

True. We only go around once. Guess I much prefer classier comments though, even though I'm going die one day. Lol. There are classy men out there who don't feel the need to compliment a women in a slightly back handed way. Despite any age differences. An easy way to piss off a woman is to bring up age...

There are smarter men out there, at least... I've met some.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I actually have no idea from where the term "cougar" originates. I'm sure Google and/or Wikipedia has the answer somewhere.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Mom, but I would find it offensive. The sexual connotation actually kinda pizzes me off. That's just me, though.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me at all. If I was ever referred to as a MILF I'd take it as a compliment.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't find it really all that offensive. Yes, it's a bit direct and there are classier ways to say things. But when you consider the age range of those who use the words, the probably aren't there yet.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    While I'm not offended by the term itself, I do find it juvenile to say the least. (Thats the part that creeps me out.)
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    But when you consider the age range of those who use the words, the probably aren't there yet.

True, point taken.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It's obviously become common usage and so people gloss over the acronym and/or honestly don't care BUT when women are offended it's generally because of the F in it. It's not just that this woman is attractive. It's that "I'd like to stick my d**k in her". It's become such a common term that it's actually said TO women, not just in referring to them and honestly? If "hey, baby, I'd like to f**k you," didn't impress when I was young and single, it's sure not going to impress now.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It's obviously become common usage and so people gloss over the acronym and/or honestly don't care BUT when women are offended it's generally because of the F in it. It's not just that this woman is attractive. It's that "I'd like to stick my d**k in her". It's become such a common term that it's actually said TO women, not just in referring to them and honestly? If "hey, baby, I'd like to f**k you," didn't impress when I was young and single, it's sure not going to impress now.

Very well said.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sorry but there are far too many other horrible things going on in the world to be offended by a term like MILF. maybe if i didnt have *kitten* else going on in my life i'd have the luxury of being offended by a term like this. I'm too busy trying to bring beauty and wisdom to the world around me :laugh:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i am offended due to there being no acromyn for an aunt who would like to be ****ed....lol...

i am said autie to a great 18 month old babe and i want some guy to walk down the street and give me some sort of acromyn....lol
This discussion has been closed.