"MILF"... it is offensive?

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It's obviously become common usage and so people gloss over the acronym and/or honestly don't care BUT when women are offended it's generally because of the F in it. It's not just that this woman is attractive. It's that "I'd like to stick my d**k in her". It's become such a common term that it's actually said TO women, not just in referring to them and honestly? If "hey, baby, I'd like to f**k you," didn't impress when I was young and single, it's sure not going to impress now.

The frog world sounds so like the human world, I'm amazed!!!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    As long as I can be considered a DILF, I don't care :drinker:
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    It's obviously become common usage and so people gloss over the acronym and/or honestly don't care BUT when women are offended it's generally because of the F in it. It's not just that this woman is attractive. It's that "I'd like to stick my d**k in her". It's become such a common term that it's actually said TO women, not just in referring to them and honestly? If "hey, baby, I'd like to f**k you," didn't impress when I was young and single, it's sure not going to impress now.
    Agreed. I put it into the same category as a complete stranger saying "Hey, nice rack...", et al.
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I actually want someone to call me that b/c it is a compliment. When a woman gets pregnant and has a baby, so many things change with her body. It's nice to still feel sexy afterwards :)
  • stephstar15
    Options
    Is it offensive? Hell naw! For me, it most definitely is a compliment and badge of honor. Having a child wreaks the most unspeakable horror on a woman's body, some women NEVER physically recover from it. It is an testament of hard work, determination and true grit to be able to train your body into something men still find f*ckable after that baby is done with you, and all women should be flattered as hell to be given the title "MILF"!

Word.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I most definitely take it as a compliment!! :bigsmile:
  • JudyNader
    JudyNader Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it is crude. If a man says, "You're an attractive woman. I'd like to f**k you.", that's crude and un-classy. Wrapping it up in a "cute" acronym doesn't make it OK. There are much classier and respectful ways to pay a compliment.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think it's a compliment... but I could see some people being offended. Maybe these mothers don't like being a sex object, and rather you call them a MILTTDF (Mom i'd like to take to dinner first)..

I'm just joking, fyi. :P
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    ha i don't mind being called a milf, not one bit
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Boring, self-indulgent thread is boring and self-indulgent. Granted, it is not quite as boring as 'Chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)' but it's certainly up there.
    In addition, your use of unnecessary commas after 'because' and the fact that you have started a sentence with the word 'and' tell me you are not quite as smart as you purport to be or indeed as clever as you would like people to imagine you are.
    I will conclude by saying that your half-face photos are as ridiculous as the infamous duckface pictures teenage girls are wont to take.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    It's a compliment, women overthink things.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I'm pregnant and one of my pervy male friends told me "Hey, you're gonna be a MILF." That made me laugh. I can't wait to be a hot mom.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I take it as a compliment only because it is in fact a euphemism for being attractive. Along the lines of "that's one totally hot babe." or "sexy b*tch" It's meant to be a compliment even if the wording itself can be offensive.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Actually my son came back from a night out with the guys (male bonding around beers) and told me that I was their topic of discussion - I was shocked to find out that they were discussing MILFs (I guess they all took some kind of a vote and I won - lol). Glad he didn't tell me who was all there because I really wouldn't want to know :blushing: But being 50, it felt kind of good. I wouldn't want it said to me in a face-to-face conversation but I don't find it offensive; it's a harmless opinion. To me, nothing too serious just something to laugh about.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment. Nothing I've heard so far, hoping to be a MILF soon enough.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    How can being called f*ckable ever be an insult? O.o
  • I'd take it as a compliment.

Now, if it was something like FILF (one being how it sounds) and two, meaning 'fatty I'd like to f**k' then you're steadily moving into the offensive zone.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Not sure who you have me mixed up with. I never said I was ignoring you. I don't recell ever posting in one of your threads before. They're all so very stupid. I just decided to finally comment in one, just for lulz.
    ahadj... The art of cross-examination...

In the quote above, the disgruntled poster said...
    I don't recell ever posting in one of your threads before.
    Then in the very next sentence said...
    They're all so very stupid.
    Now... The only way "he" would know ALL of my threads were stupid, would be if "he" were reading all of my threads, which he just openly admitted to, even though he isn't smart enough to realize it... yet.

But wait... it gets better.

Interestingly enough, "he" only has three (3) "friends." And each of those three (3) friends are friends with each other. That by itself is strikingly interesting, but hold on...

All of those three (3) "friends" have commented on my threads in the past...

That's odd.

Here's where it gets fun...

All of "his" three (3) friends use the exact same grammatical context in "their" posts..
    All of "his" three (3) friends use fake, pirated pictures as their avatars...
    All of "his" three (3) friends misspell the same words, the same way...

Hmm.. that's devastatingly coincidental. Weird.

Would this be a true cross-examination, we would have subpoenaed the IP and ISP addresses for all three (3) friends... and I'm guessing they would all be... the same.

Which hurts worse creepy, fake account guy? The fact that you just got owned? Or the fact that you're going to now have to reevaluate your entire online life?

Next.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I find it sad that women want to be described with a vulgar acronym; it is usually indicative of poor self-esteem and lack of self-respect. Flame all you want, I care not.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Exactly. MILF is crude and nasty.
This discussion has been closed.