Tattoos, yes or no?

Options

Replies

• Culley34
    Options
    My parents would cut me out of the will if I got a tattoo.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

My mom told me if I got another she would cut me out of the will too; that was about 3 ago. If i'm out of the will, that's fine. I personally LOVE my tattoos and don't regret a single one.

And I couldn't give a f^ck less what other people think of them... it's my body,i'll do with it what I please. It's a form of self- expression. It's artwork - and if you don't like them- don't get them!

As for the person who said don't get them on the wrist b/c they aren't easily covered- Not true....there are these things called bracelets that work wonders if you want to cover a wrist tattoo- Long sleeves also work wonders (during the colder seasons) .

If my tattoos make me tacky - then so be it.
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    I wanted a tattoo for 30 years - got my first at 46 - be sure you can live with it FOREVER. my first was small on my shoulder - rarely seen....my 2nd was a "tramp stamp" - again rarely seen - my favorite yet most painful is on my foot - want 2 more, possibly 3....know exactly what i want but need to do some homework on the shops - moved here 4 years ago and ant to be sure. Reputable - for sure - the three I had done were done at a shop that had been in existence 30 years - 2 original artists. Enjoy!!!
  • JephaMooi
    JephaMooi Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A tattoo should have strong meaning and you need to be a strong soul in order to stand the constant commentary.
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have 3 and want more!!! I love tats!! SEXY on men!!!!
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    This isn't really something you can ask someone else. It's going to be your body you put that on and will be stuck with forever not someone elses. You really need to think about this. I have friends who regret there's and they have only had them a few years.

If you go for it, take your time in deciding and go for something that holds meaning to you. I have 6 so personally do love them, but still advise people to think about it. Its better to be a little slow on taking the plunge and knowing it's what you want rather than jumping in.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Do it.. No regrets. Just make sure you get a good one :happy:
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Go for it! It's body art and it's your business. :flowerforyou:
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tatts and looking at getting my 3rd. They are all EMS stuff. Make sure they mean something to you. My husband does not believe in tatts yet he has never had a problem with mine they are just not for him. My only one piece of advice is never put a name of a signifigant other on your body.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    A tattoo should have strong meaning and you need to be a strong soul in order to stand the constant commentary.

Well said :flowerforyou:

Also Good tattoos are not cheap and cheap tattoos are not good...
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options

My mom told me if I got another she would cut me out of the will too; that was about 3 ago. If i'm out of the will, that's fine. I personally LOVE my tattoos and don't regret a single one.

And I couldn't give a f^ck less what other people think of them... it's my body,i'll do with it what I please. It's a form of self- expression. It's artwork - and if you don't like them- don't get them!

As for the person who said don't get them on the wrist b/c they aren't easily covered- Not true....there are these things called bracelets that work wonders if you want to cover a wrist tattoo- Long sleeves also work wonders (during the colder seasons) .

If my tattoos make me tacky - then so be it.

^^ love this :wink:
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Don't do it Bahahahaha Just kidding if it's what you want then go for it
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    For me it's no! I don't get it really, they are so permanent, it would be like saying to me ''this is the hair style you will have for the rest of your life!''( I think I have commitment issues!)

My friends had tattoos in their 20's, we are all in our late 40's now. One friend had a tattoo on his shoulder of a Tolkien dark rider, over the years it has faded and he's bulked up and unfortunately it now looks like a tattoo of lady parts,( think about it, ), he always wears long sleeves now! lol!

When my friend got married she and her bridesmaids all wore strapless dresses, when we were taking photos after I heard the vicar say '' Isn't it nice that the dresses are designed to show of the girls' tattoos!''

Honestly hun, it's up to you!
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos! I have a rose trail on the back of my shoulder that I got as a present for my 18th birthday. I want more in future, too!
    If you're worried about what other people think then just get it in an easily-covered spot :)
    But honestly, tattoos are a personal thing. They're to please yourself, not other people. I wanted a rose tattoo since I was 9 years old, and lots of people tried to talk me out of it, but I didn't care what they thought. As soon as I was legal, I got it done!! And now some of the people who tried to talk me out of it have even admitted that they like it :) So basically, if you want one, go for it, and don't let anyone else hold you back!
  • JLand918
    Options
    I find them cool in moderation but that whole sleeve concept etc is just overkill.
  • Danardeener
    Options
    Love, love, love them....
  • MissLuana
    Options
    Love them!!! I have 5, all fairly medium to large size. As some of the other posts said, make sure the artist is good and make sure it's something you want on your body forever!!!
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love my tattoo, it's a slag tag on the bottom of my back I got when I was 16... but I forget it's even there half the time :)

Wanting another one, but since my first was basically "want that one" going to take my time for the next one and probably attempt to design it myself so it is more meaningful :)

But yes I agree, never on the face hands or neck. Some employers are prejudice around tattoos but others as long as they are not offensive/religious/football or flag tattoos don't really mind if you cannot cover them up with a uniform/clothing.

It just depends, tattoos are being more accepted within society though I would say, and majority of employers and clientèle (who probably have a hidden one themselves) I have found don't mind.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    1. I think they are hot.
    2. Don't over think them. I get tired of the "they all have deep meaning" BS. Some do, some don't. They are what they are. For me, they are a historical journey. It's fun over time to think back to one of your tats, and why you got it, and the thing that got you to that point of putting it on your skin. I have a lot, and some that cover up others, and it's fun for me to think back as to all those various experiences to getting one, and then covering it up 10 years later, and what transpired in that situation. I love the stories each one has, even if the tattoo itself is totally meaningless. There's still a story there.
    3. Go for it if you want one. It doesn't have to mean anything, it can just be a nice design that you like and will accent your body or personality.
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    YES, YES and Yes!! Absolutlely love them.. just Be Sure of what you want... make it mean something and don't let cost force you into something that you don't want. If it costs too much to get what you want, shop around and make sure it's an honest price. If it is, then save up for it, don't change to something just bc it's cheaper. And make sure the place you're going to is licensed, clean AND has a very good reputation. Once everything meets all your criteria, INK AWAY!!!