Options

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have 2... would love a 3rd.
  • scubawitch
    Options
    I love them, I have one on my arm and i'm planning my next one, if you are the slightest bit unsure, don't do it. :smile:
  • dexfatpants
    dexfatpants Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A tattoo should have strong meaning and you need to be a strong soul in order to stand the constant commentary.

Well said :flowerforyou:

Also Good tattoos are not cheap and cheap tattoos are not good...

And really think about it! Is this something you really want forever? I have tattoos and love them. They all mean something & were all drawn especially for ME. First you need to pick an artist who's style you like. Even ask different artists to draw something up for you. Don't rush
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i've warmed up to tattoos, i been drawing sketches of a shoulder tattoo i will get when i hit goal weight
  • PJtwo
    PJtwo Posts: 11
    Options
    I do not have any and don't plan on it. It is fine for someone else:happy: I like the colored ones when they are new, but after a while they fade and look not so nice.

My x-sister-in-law had some which I call very meaningless. At her sons wedding she had on a very elegant strapless low backed dress and all I could focus on were her "Mickey Mouse" tats, a very large one on her back shoulder and a very large one on the side of her leg. MICKEY MOUSE REALLY? they were about 12 inches in length.

I don't get it, did she go to a shop and go "hmmm I want a tat, hmm which one do it want, Oh how about MICKEY MOUSE:noway: :noway: Oh and she was in her fifties when she got them. So I really don't get the Mickey Mouse.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I don't have any personally - Not sure why but I have never seen anything that really made me say ' That's IT, that IS the ONE!!' and that is what I am waiting for and once I do I may end up getting one as a reward for weight loss. I LOVE them on men & women -:heart: They are very sensual and sexy to me. Love 'em!! GO FOR IT!!!:heart:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i personally wouldn't want one, but I love when others get them...http://tattoofailure.com/ keep 'em coming!
  • vyrk
    vyrk Posts: 5
    Options
    I think that tattoos are great as long as one isn't 40%+ covered in them.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    OK for other people but definitely not my thing. i like henna better

as long as you dont get something that you'll regret later then go for it.
  • towdancer67
    towdancer67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I waited until I was 43 for my first tattoo. I chose my bicep because it can be hidden with short sleeves if need be and I can see it and enjoy it on days when I wear a sleeveless top. I liked it so much I did the other arm a month later. My tattoos have special meanings to me and nobody else. I had an idea and had the guy draw up a sketch of my idea. Turned out wonderful. I went to a few shops before I felt comfortable and found a guy with the right artistic skills that I was looking for. If they aren't willing to draw up a sketch or show you a portfolio of their work...RUN!!!
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am 34 got mine at 25. I have 5.. three of them are with my children's names. Though I loved the tattoos at the time.. I wish I would have not gotten them. If you do I would make it something special and unique! Just my opinion though! You will have it forever :)
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have two relatively small ones on my ankles. I find I want more now though but I don't want to become one of those "girls with tattoos." I couldn't pull off the Kat Von D or Bif Naked kind of aura lol Plus I don't really like them on guys so I think if I had a bunch finding a guy with none of his own that would like a girl with them would be tricky. But definitely go for it if you're sure of what you want. I don't regret mine :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've seen tattoos that look great and others that make you want to give your head a shake.

People have been decorating their bodies for thousands of years. I don't have any but if it's something meaningful to you done by a good artist go for it.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i personally wouldn't want one, but I love when others get them...http://tattoofailure.com/ keep 'em coming!

Love that site - It definitely shows you that you really need to think about what you are getting as a tattoo and what the meaning is for you...
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Tats are a non-issue for me, unless they are on the face. My husband has a big black star on his face that he tattooed on himself, in a moment of inebriated idiocy. We are trying to get it removed, but it makes it difficult to get a job with that on there.

If it's special and has meaning, go for it. Don't do it for relationship reasons, though.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what Mama always said, "You don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari." :smile:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh yaaaaa! One of my top reasons I wanna hit goal..so I can get my tattoo reward!
  • hlouisej
    Options
    I have one on my back and don't regret it. I would like to have more but my OH does not agree :-( Smallish ones are best and in discreet places. Try and find a reputable place to get one, I asked around my friends until a girlfriend gave me the name of a place she'd been to that was hygenic.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos on a girl...a well placed tat is so sexy.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have 6 and still plan to have more. I love all of them and have never regretted getting them. My mum always says to me 'But what about when you're 80? How are you going to look and feel about them then?'

WHO CARES??? ILL BE 80, POSSIBLY A BIT MAD AND DEFINITELY THROWING CATS AT THE POSTMAN.

But no, seriously, they are a very personal thing, if you get one that has a deep meaning to you then you will love it forever. It doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, its YOUR body to decorate as you see fit :flowerforyou: