Tattoos, yes or no?

Options

Replies

• TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    But no names, lol....dont ever get a SO's name on you-thats just stupid,lol. For me, a tat has to have a reason or a story behind it-something that makes them personal to you.
  • starkmeyer
    Options
    Tattoos may look cool or tasteful etc. when you're young, but when you get older--not so much. Take a look around. I've seen older women with tattoos, and it is not attractive at all. Really think long and hard about it because what you like now, or what might be meaningful to you now may not have the same meaning 20 or so years from now. A tattoo is forever.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    if you want it go for it..

i have 7 on my chest, back and feet/ankles.. do I always like my first one? no but it was me when i was 17 and its a reminder of what i was like back then and happy memories..

a tattoo is as personal as your fashion sense or sense of humour - people may not always understand or agree it but it is a part of you. When I'm 80 and wrinkly will I be showing off my chest tattoos? probably not but I'll always have the memories and stories associated with them which no one can take away,
    I know not everyone appreciates my birds on my chest or flower on my back but I know that its what I wanted and that is all that matters to me - life is too short to worry about what others think of your choices :)
  • dan09554
    dan09554 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I only have 1. It's a pocket watch carried through the clouds by a cherub. The time on the watch is the time my daughter was born....very meaningful
  • 319tokona
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes to tattoos!!!!
  • Ashlee2421
    Ashlee2421 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have several. Most are very visible and quite large. I get stared at a lot but you know what? A tattoo is supposed to represent something important to YOU. Each and every one of my tattoos are very dear to me. I've never had a problem finding a job because I am a good employee and my work ethic proves that, not my skin. If you wanted to get a naked lady tattooed on your face, go for it. It's your body it's your life it's your choice. The world has enough hate in it without judging people based on the art on their body.
    Tattoos are becoming more acceptable, and they should. They aren't hurting anybody. My tattoos aren't nearly as offensive as you staring at me.

Now I'm rambling lol
    BASICALLY if it's something that's important to you, then it doesn't matter what some people on the internet think. Do it for you gurrrrrl.
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes

I have always wanted one, but have never had the guts. I have been looking at designs for years and keep coming back to the same one. I decided that I will do it. Went to see the tattooist, and was ready to book it in.

Had a chat with a friend when he got back off his hols who is heavily tattoo'd and worked in a shop for a decade, and took the advice to loose the weight first, as it could change appearance.

So it will be my reward :)
  • XxXWhitneyShereeXxX
    Options
    I think tattoos are beautiful just be careful what you get and where like stark said we wont always be young and our bodies wont always be "perky" so one day that tattoo on your chest may end up on your *kitten* lol
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I love them as long as they are done properly and not tacky looking
    Go to a reputable tattooist x
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I think tattoos are generally trashy.

This is not to say that it is a decided factor that I judge anyone by, but everyone and their mom has a tattoo.

The majority of them become regrets, so I choose to not have any.

There are very few tattoos i think look good, and some do, don't get me wrong.

But for that 1 that looks good, there are 99 that are trashy.

Just my humble opinion though, different people like different things.
  • Ashlee2421
    Options
    And the whole argument of "omg, what's that going to look like when you're 80?!?!" makes me giggle

Please tell me more about how gorgeous you will be at 80~
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    And the whole argument of "omg, what's that going to look like when you're 80?!?!" makes me giggle

They look awful on people who are 40 and 50. In America, most people still want to look good at that age.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I think tattoos are generally trashy.

This is not to say that it is a decided factor that I judge anyone by, but everyone and their mom has a tattoo.

The majority of them become regrets, so I choose to not have any.

There are very few tattoos i think look good, and some do, don't get me wrong.

But for that 1 that looks good, there are 99 that are trashy.

Just my humble opinion though, different people like different things.

We are in complete agreement.. I can't say I've never a nice tattoo or tattoo sleeve, but on the vast majority of people they look trashy or nasty. Also for an act that's supposed to signal independence, they look conformist.
  • Ashlee2421
    Options

They look awful on people who are 40 and 50. In America, most people still want to look good at that age.

Well, it's their body. I don't even think twice about it when i see an older person with a wrinkly tattoo. It meant something to them when they got it. It's not my place to judge them about anything. If a 40 year old wants to shave half her head, dye it pink and wear a tutu, more power to her. It's what she wants to do. She won't be hurting me any. =] I don't see why people care so much about other peoples appearances.
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    its so very unlikely that you really will still want that tattoo some day down the line. i wanted one for a long long time but am SO glad i thought about it hard every time. you need to be really honest with your self. when i look at most tattoo's, i just gottat wonder why it was so important. lots of tattoos is even worse. i understand one epic tat or even a couple to commemorate special lifestyle circumstances. but what are your reasons to want one that is the question i would spend the most time with.

ALSO this.... the "new" tattoo....is NO tattoo. i love the fact (especially here in reno NV.) that my lack of tat's sets me apart!
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    well i have 7, so i guess that makes me biased. :P
    I say its your body and if you want it go for it, dont listen to the opinions of others.
  • karenbethrn
    karenbethrn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i love all my tats and dont regret any and ill probably get more. im a nurse, havent had any problems with jobs. :)
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yessss
    <3 tattoos

woman are especially sexy if they got some ink in my opinion!!
  • babarabrooks
    babarabrooks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I got my tattoo after my son had had a heart operation and it was my way of turning a stressful situation into a positive. I researched the tattooist he had won a few awards for his inks and had a website that I could look at his work and I was very pleased with the result I have had it for about five years and the colours have not faded and the black did not bleed (I have seen this happen with friends tats). I have mine on the inside of my wrist which is a really discret place and hopefully will not go saggy when I get older.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    ALSO this.... the "new" tattoo....is NO tattoo. i love the fact (especially here in reno NV.) that my lack of tat's sets me apart!

Agree with this wholeheartedly, the one's without tattoos are now the "out of the norm" and I kind of like it that way!