Tattoos, yes or no?

Options

Replies

• bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Get one. They are not as big of a deal as people make them out to be. They are becoming more normal and more accepted. People who have a lot of tattoos don't like at least one of them. They remind me of a time in my life. It doesn't matter if it was a stupid idea, it was what I wanted at the time and I always have that to remember. I have many visible tattoos and I have a very good job. Then there are people that say "How will you feel about that when your 70." I will be 70, who gives a crap. That is just my opinion. A lot of conservative people don't like them, but I love them. It is a way to express yourself. You will have people giving you totally different opinions, but do what you want. It isn't going to ruin your life.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The more the merrier
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Yes - if it has some type of meaning....
    No - if its a picture of the girl you beat to a pulp....
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are awesome, especially when they have significant meaning. Is there a way to post photos in a topic reply? Itd be cool to see everyone's work
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Do it!!!!!!!!
  • Small and meaningful, yes. For the sake of it, or something you'll grow out of, no. Really it depends on the person for me. I have a few I would like to get but not the guts to sit through being stabbed with a needle (or it must be said, the funds) but I love some of the beautiful ones my friends have.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    YES
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM!!!!

I love them for myself, and I especially LOVEEEEEEE them on men. *swoon*
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Something to consider is that not all jobs allow visible tattoos. I work for a company like that. You can't have visible piercings or tattoos - even on the ankle/wrist. I work in a hospital, and sometimes you have to have your hair up, but still can't show tattoos. You would need to cover them with bandages. So that's something to think to about. If you ever want to join the corporate world and move up, then visible tattoos could be a disadvantage.

I think that view is changing. I have 8 and working on the 9th one (is started, but not completed) and I work in Corporate Information Technology.

I have only worked for 1 company where I had to wear 3/4 length or long sleeves and could not show any tattoos. Working where I work now is very lenient and I show mine all the time.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    It's all about personal preference. I have tattoo's and some people love them. Some people...like my dad hates them because he doesn't get it. lol.

If you like it, go for it!!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If you REALLY think you can live with it, get it! I have one and I love it! It's been almost 10 years and I'm not sorry. In fact, I want a couple more. But, it's not visible to the general public, so that may make a difference as well. IF you get one, make sure you can stand to live with it.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of tattoos minus the few who can really pull it off. However, I am considering a small one myself, I just don't know where I'd put it. I should be easy to show, but hideable for special events.
  • nettersaurus
    Options
    I have two and they're definitely not the last. They both represent something significant to me so I am very proud to have them. I did get them in places I can hide them though. It's just fun to know you have something fun or sexy when others don't.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    100% YES!!!
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting one for a long time, but never really been able do decide on something I'd feel comfortable having on my body permanently. I'm seriously considering getting one if--WHEN--I pull of my weight-loss!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Mos def. Just get them placed in areas which can be easily hidden so you can have a professional career if desired. Thus, hands, lower arm/legs/hands (primarily women), neck, etc. should be avoided. I have 9 and practice law.
  • embercakez
    Options
    no they are so trashy. don't do it.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Do what you want, as getting a tattoo is a personal decision. I personally have 3 of them, one one the top of my right foot, one on the inside above the instep of my left foot and one on my left wrist.

All can be hidden if need be, but all three are significant to me.

I am planning a 4th one, as all my other tattoos have some sort of writing in them, I just want one that is a picture description of something meaningful.
  • agsears
    Options
    Tattoos are a beautiful thing, I got my first one last year and am about to get my second one soon. Trust me, if your tattoo means something, you will never regret it.
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    When we were children we drew on ourselves. Now that we're adults......