Tattoos, yes or no?

Options

Replies

• nekoxvampyx
    Options
    eh.. im in between. some people get really cute ones. some people over do it.. personally i wouldnt get one cause they hurt, and cause i wouldnt wanna regret it later
  • deborah0123
    Options
    I love tatts..I love mine..my husband and 2 of my children have great tatts..my oldest daugher hasnt gotten into them.(YET):)
    I plan on a triple Goddess tat on my lower back soon...to each his own..
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I think tattoos are generally trashy.

This is not to say that it is a decided factor that I judge anyone by, but everyone and their mom has a tattoo.

The majority of them become regrets, so I choose to not have any.

There are very few tattoos i think look good, and some do, don't get me wrong.

But for that 1 that looks good, there are 99 that are trashy.

Just my humble opinion though, different people like different things.

Agree entirely. Especially the twee ones on lower back
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I'm a 64yo woman and I've wanted a tattoo for at least 30 years. I am going to get one when I reach my half-way point. It will be a small ankh with some type of flower on my inner wrist.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention all of my tattoos can be covered by clothing (or a watch for the one on my wrist)
    I also have a lip ring which generally gets noticed WAAAY before the tats anyway. Neither tattoos or piercings have ever affected my employability. Was a civil servant working for the MOD for 6 years before having the kids.
  • 2boypeas
    Options
    No tats for me, but I generally don't care one way or another what someone else does with their body.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My opinion, it depends entirely on what you're getting. I have a small Koi fish with some cherry blossoms and Kanji (Japanese) on my right arm. The Kanji translates into 'Love' and 'Family' which of course both mean something to me. The Koi represents strength, and the cherry blossoms represent power, freedom, and admiration of life.

Did it hurt? Well, not for me, but everyone's different :smile: The closest I can describe it feeling like, is scratching yourself when you have sunburn.. haha :laugh: I love tattoos with meaning, hate tattoos that are just for show.
  • babarabrooks
    babarabrooks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are not 100% sure why don't you try an air brushed tat which would give you enough time to decide if you like it or not
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    got a little flower on my lower back to the left...only can be seen with a bikini and my hubby has my name on his wedding finger like a ring.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan at all but am aware that they are really popular with young people nowadays. My advice to you would be to ensure that you go to a professional place, ensure that new needles are used and to have one that can be hidden.My reasons for the latter are that, like it or not, there will be people and employers who will judge you on them, rightly or wrongly. Being able to hide them means that they won't affect job opportunities in the future, plus ofcourse it won't be so frustrating if you change your mind about it in the future.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    If you are not 100% sure why don't you try an air brushed tat which would give you enough time to decide if you like it or not
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I wan tone but I have no clue what to get.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    tip: find a good artist. if there art looks good, find someone better. trust me. i know so many people who like ****ty tattoos, but when you find a really good one it will make you go "woooow".

also, if you think you might regret it, you probably shouldn't get one.

and don't listen to any of the people saying, "when you are 80 what will it look like", being old and wrinkly is tough in general, at least you'll have some cool tats to talk about :)
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not a tat fan. There is nothing more gorgeous than the body and the skin that it is in. Anything else is just a distraction.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to ask anyone?

If you can't convince yourself, you shouldn't let others.
  • iamers
    Options
    I like tattoos and plan to get some in the future. It's up to whether you get them or not, it's your body!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    yes yes....yes.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to ask anyone?

If you can't convince yourself, you shouldn't let others.

this
  • tina_renee
    tina_renee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You should never ask someone else's opinion about something that is going on your body forever. If that is the case, you should think about it on your own. I have 19 tattoos; 6 of which are on my hands and fingers. I have never encountered any issues with work, but I do live I a very liberal city. I don't have them because 'I'm young and they are popular nowadays.' I have them because I want them.
  • Griderrr
    Griderrr Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im 59 and designed my own with a heart on tribal setting- on my leg n one on my backside,, I am hoping to lose enough weight to let that one shine in the sun again!! For years i hid it at work- now that is a not considered to be taboo- I go as I please,,,, but never- ever put anything to even indicate any type of gang related stuff.. very serious implications,,- mostly young guys think it is cool, but NOOOO and again discretion on where, you might be a president of a co. one day. My kids got too many done and now the fight is on for their kids to get one lol... yea- now they know what I was saying!