WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Very impressive ladies with your diligent exercise and discplined eating habits! I have no individual responses since I didn't note everyone's names as I was reeading and too many to read again. Suffice it to say that I enjoyed all the funny and poignant stories. I am also motivated and inspired by you all. I have no excuse when other 50+ women can work out vigorusly and lose so many pounds.
    I did make it to the Y 4 times this week for aerobics classes so it's a step in the right direction. I just have to step it up in terms of exercise and counting (limiting) calories. I liked the suggestion about snacking on single items, eg veggie or nut.
    That;s it for now. Have a good evening everyone.
    Zaza
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Zaza, going to the Y four times a week for aerobics is wonderful. Are they one hour classes? The Y usually offers good strength classes, also.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are one-hour classes, but some of them are only aerobic for half the time. I havent' done any strength classes because I've had too many aches with various joints. I've done PT etc and I just either live w/it or maybe I'll get a cortisone shot. Did that once in my shoulder and it hurt, but ,after a couple days, i was like new. I've been dragging my heels about trying a shot in my elbow - am too much of a baby.
    Zaza
  • robinyockey
    Options
    I am so happy to see a website for 50 plus women. I am trying to lose 20 pounds. I have been trying to lose that same 20 pounds for two years. I have started exercising and have been so sore, but I am determined. I go for my first nutrition meeting for the year. It seems so hard to lose weight at this age.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Robin,
    Hang in there! We all know how you feel. Log those cals and exercise and check in during the week. Meeting a nutritionist sounds interesting. What a great way to start. Hope you share some tips with us.
    The best!
    Fab50
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,
    So nice to have so many new people Welcome. Congrats on all the weight losses and good decisions. Kenneth was working so I decided to go to the gym. I worked out for 1 hr and 50 min and burned 1300 calories. Felt so good. Ate really well all day also. Want to really push up the workouts and eating right until our trip. I ate a big salad and roasted chicken for supper. Well under my calories for the day. Going to treat myself to cereal or sugar free pudding later. Have a good evening. Kenneth is taking off tomorrow. Our kids dont have school for MLK so we are going to do something special. Made a deal with myself though. Have to go workout before doing anything.
    Vicki M
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello All,

I haven't left our group my mother is sick again she has been in ICU for 8 days so far. She is very weak and I am very sad. I will be back as soon as I can my goals are to get through and be there for my mom and dad as much as I can they live in another state. I have brought their dog home with me so my dad has one less thing on his plate. I stayed with him for 6 days looked like my mom was better and they would move her to the floor then she had a bad set back. Went to visit today she was a little better but is so frail it is so hard to see your mom so frail. I know many of you have been where I am please keep me in your thoughts and prayers I will be back as I can.

Lynn
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I haven't left our group my mother is sick again she has been in ICU for 8 days so far. She is very weak and I am very sad. I will be back as soon as I can my goals are to get through and be there for my mom and dad as much as I can they live in another state. I have brought their dog home with me so my dad has one less thing on his plate. I stayed with him for 6 days looked like my mom was better and they would move her to the floor then she had a bad set back. Went to visit today she was a little better but is so frail it is so hard to see your mom so frail. I know many of you have been where I am please keep me in your thoughts and prayers I will be back as I can.

Lynn

Lynn - I will be praying for you. Hang in there!

Just got home from visiting my brother and sister in law for the weekend. I had a good time, but weighing tomorrow kind of scares me. I think that I did ok staying under my calories, but wasn't eating the right kind of foods. My sister in law is a cookie factory, and she serves 3 or 4 varieties of carbs at every meal. Here's hoping for the best, because I worked hard this week, but even if I don't lose, I will be okay with it, because I don't do well when eating junk instead of real food. Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and I will check in tomorrow!
  • firetuck
    firetuck Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Debbie - you are so inspirational to me! Thanks for your posts!

Lynn - Hang in there - it's never easy to see your parents failing and it's great that you can be of help to them.

Weigh in tomorrow - I'm hoping the scale will move down for me!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Lynn
    Prayers for your Mother and Father and you as well. I am so glad that you are close enough to them that you can help, that can be such a comfort, even if it is difficult. :heart: Alice
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hi everyone!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

A special "hello" to our new people!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You will love it here!

I've been busy rearranging rooms and it is mostly done.:happy: My son has a room now and mine will be finished next week when we get some wardrobes from Ikea to use as a temporary wall for the bonus room (my room now:smile: ).

Still have some things to go through and donate or just toss but I'm glad its almost done!:tongue:

I have been able to get my exercise in, though the extra workouts I planned had to go by the wayside for a week or so:grumble: .

I've also been drinking lots of water--that has been getting easier as I find I feel thirsty more often. I was told that my body is adjusting to a new level of fluids and so wants it more often!:laugh:.

I am praying for those who are having tough times right now. My thoughts are with you.:flowerforyou:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Hello All,

Lynn

Your Mom along with you and your family will be in my prayers ... yes, I was there just this past summer. So I understand the sadness - still there with it.

Betty
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see a website for 50 plus women. I am trying to lose 20 pounds. I have been trying to lose that same 20 pounds for two years. I have started exercising and have been so sore, but I am determined. I go for my first nutrition meeting for the year. It seems so hard to lose weight at this age.
    Recording everything you eat on here will REALLY HELP though. I am positive I would not have had so much success without doing that.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Sorry about everyone dealing with aging parents. I do think that is reality for us in this age group, but that doesn't make it any easier. My mom still works and goes to the gym to workout but she has Hepatitis C so I know she'll be gone at some point. Having that in the back of my mind causes me to freak out a bit when I hear about other parents in the hospital and ailing. It reminds me of what I'd rather forget.

But, on the happy side, I went to see Avenue Q with my son and when I came home, Mr. Mac had set up a station for my old bike so I can ride it at home when I can't ride outside. He dug out an old rug that we weren't using any more to protect the floor so it's a very inviting area too. I hate riding my bike in the trainer so having this station is really going to help.

I made Facebook Page for my blog, btw. I'm inviting you all to become a "fan"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fatty-Fights-Back/286664895662

(hope that link works... the whole Page thing on FB is a bit confusing)
  • clwasmer
    clwasmer Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :smile: Good Morning, I am sooo...glad this site is here. This weight is not going anywhere this time,I went to Doc. about my throid meds.he said keep it where it is, my hair is falling out and my energy level sucks. I used to be a tigger now I feel more like eeyore:sad: Thanks for listening!! Do we have a weigh-in date? I will be hopefully going on my first real vacation in my life in May. I am not sure where I want to go. I have always wanted to see St.Augustine. Blessings to all,
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: clwasmer, welcome. Glad to have you in the thread. I don't know of a weigh-in date. Maybe someone else here will have that answer. So sorry about your thyroid problems. They can make our weight and energy hard to control. Hope that you get your meds straightened out. My sister had a sluggish one when she was a child. She gained quite a lot of weight due to it. Meds help her, though.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.8 pounds! I know it's not much, but it means that the holiday weight is gone, and for the first time since Nov. 23rd, I was able to change my weight! Look out world, here I come again!
  • clwasmer
    Options
    Awesome!!:smile:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning all. I feel so lost. I have missed you all very much. Just seems like the days are zooming past, I have been reading just haven't had time to post. My daughters c section is tomorrow and I will be helping out with Matthew til she gets home and settled. I just want to wish (even though I am a little late) Cindy a Happy Birthday and Happy anniversary to Barbie and Jake. I am so glad that Haifa is doing better. Welcome to our Newbies and congratulations to our wonderful losers. By the way does anyone watch American Idol? Here's my version of the Pants on The Ground

:smile: Pants on the Ground, Pants on the Ground
    :laugh: I've lost so much weight my pants R on the ground
    :smile: Pants on the Ground, Pants on the Ground
    :laugh: Yes I'm the biggest loser with my pants on the ground

:huh: I am at work so I better get going, everyone have a wonderful Monday:smooched:
    Prayers, Love, :heart: and (((Hugs))) Rose
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • clwasmer
    Options
    Thanks Swissmiss