WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Early Happy Birthday Cindy!!:flowerforyou:

Vicki M - so glad to hear the good news. I can relate to your daughter. Even though my oldest will be 26 in May, I can still remember what it felt like having a miscarriage and then having him. Suffice it to say, I am very happy for all of you.

My update for today is that I went to Zumba and had a great workout. Had a good dinner, but I'm still hungry. Ugh. :grumble: and I even had 2 brownies earlier today. :mad: (This is what I've been dealing with - no willpower and I've gained a bit) but, I'm getting better. My resolve is actually improving and I'm here on mfp so it's a step in the right direction.

Good night all. Am going up to my room to get away from kitchen and temptation (my real downfall).
    Zaza
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Debbie: Fantastic! I also tried on another pair I hadn't been wearing and could fit in them too! the jeans I've been wearing today are just plain too Big! They are my favorite so I wish I had them in a smaller pair. I've got more down in the cedar chest in my basement but I don't know if I want to get the smaller ones out cause I might be disappointed.

I've had a hard time today. I'm still getting my TOM and when that happens I am just HUNGRY! I turn 54 tomorrow and I thought I would be done with this by now! Very frustrating.

I've been doing the vinegar today so I'll see how it works for me.

Have a great evening everyone!

cindy

Cindy,

For tomorrow I want you to think this: "yes, I can have my cake and eat it too"! LOL!!

I'm sure I'll say it again tomorrow, but just in case I have a "brain fog".....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW CINDY!!!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Cindy, I did finish with TOM when I was 51. Now, here is the bummer. Once you are past that your metabolism gets slower.:mad: Be grateful while you still have it and can burn those calories.:wink:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Happy Early Birthday Cindy in case I forget tomorrow.
    Good evening ladies. Well I had another great day. I ate well within my calories and we went to the gym and I burned 500 calories. I actually feel so much better than I did when I was cheating and not exercising. I love feeling like this rather than the other way. good night ladies and have a great day tomorrow.
    Vicki M
  • tearose
    tearose Posts: 94
    Options
    :laugh: Funny thing happened in the office at the end of the day today. I was working late and the cleaners were coming around emptying garbage cans. The young man, said: "Congratulations". I looked at him and said: "Excuse me?". He said: "...on your pregnancy":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Okay, after I had told him I was just FAT, and he apologized (word to the young neandethalers, don't congratulate a woman on being pregnant, if you have no clue who she is) I had to chuckle. Let's face it, I could either feel insulted - which I didn't do - because my tummy HAS taken over my lovely figure after all and that's the truth - or I could fee complemented: that I looked young enough to be able to even GET pregnant. The latter of which I chose. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What else is a 58 year old to do. lol

:bigsmile: I think lipo-suction/tummy-tuck is becoming more and more attractive to me. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:drinker: Just thought I'd share. Have a good night. I know I will! :drinker:

Rebel..I would have been happy to hear that too..lol..I hope everyone is feeling successful today. I really have to get my butt in gear and start exercising but i find im too tired in the morning and the evenings are even worse..Anyone have any ideas how to deal with being so sleepy? Don't say go to bed early as I can never fall asleep before my normal bedtime..:noway:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Kathy(pmjsmom) – PetSmart may not be what you really want, but I’d love to work there if only to be with all the animals for a while. I hope it’s a good store with nice staff and you get to enjoy working there until you get what you really want.

Becky – I’m jumping up and down over your hubby getting a job! That is fantastic news.

Birdie- Congratulations! U rock!

Everyone sounds like their doing OK even with trials and tribulations. That's great. I am doing well calorie wise, but not making my increased exercise goals. Yoga will help out there. I'm so glad we have the noon class back at work.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Today is our 21st wedding anniversary and the one year anniversary of our weight loss journey......we didn't go out to eat in keeping with our decision to eat out less......we ate out three times last weekend so going out today would be too much.....hubby fixed a great lunch that was waiting for me when I got home from line dance then except for the 30 minutes at the dog park we spent the rest of the day together.:heart::heart: :heart:

I'm glad to hear about looser pants, pounds lost, goals met, and returns to better and healthier eating......congratulations to everyone :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: Barbie
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Hi All!

This is only my second post on this board - work obligations are heavy right now but I am going to try to check in regularly.

Cindy, first, happy birthday! I am 53 and still having periods also - have to agree with swissmiss on the benefits of increased calorie burn - am determined to get to goal weight before menopause, LOL.

Barbie - big congratulations on our 21st and on your great day together.

Tearose - I'm always tired in the AM too, but have found that exercising actually gives me energy after, don't know if that helps. I start out with a moving (vs. static) stretching routine and walk every morning.

Jeannie & Vicki - yea! on meeting your goals.

I was proud of myself last night - don't get angry very often but got angry last night (over something work related) and was able to resist any emotional eating. Have been doing well so far on meeting my goals - I think having to check in and log everything daily is a big help.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

Shivaun
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Cindy,

I can understand how the doggies would tell you THEY wanted to go out, but how about the trash? I am assuming it had a certain "air" about it!!:laugh:

Vicki,

You are going to have to hire a social secretary to keep track of all your travel plans. Have fun!!:flowerforyou:

Renny,

Your story of how the young man put his foot in his mouth concerning your "pregnancy" reminds me of something similar that happened in my office. The woman in question already had four kids, and when someone questioned "how far along" she was, she set them straight in a hurry that FOUR was the LIMIT!!!:laugh:

DebbieW,

There is only one thing better than fitting into clothes that were once too small. That is the realization that every pair of pants you own--even the "small" ones, are falling off of you and you have to go shopping!!!:drinker: :drinker: Thank goodness for Goodwill and other thrift stores!!

Barbie (and Jake) Happy Anniversary!! :drinker: I am sending you another helping of that stuffed eggplant we had last weekend in my dreams--dreaming about it shouldn't cost any calories!!!:laugh: The "np's* send their best wishes also!!:flowerforyou:

Barb

*np= "naughty piggies"
  • DebbieW
    Options
    :I really have to get my butt in gear and start exercising but i find im too tired in the morning and the evenings are even worse..Anyone have any ideas how to deal with being so sleepy? Don't say go to bed early as I can never fall asleep before my normal bedtime..:noway:

tearose - you sound like you have the same problem that i was struggling with and probably what everyone who is time limited struggles with. I also can only get my main workout done either first thing in the morning or in the evening when I get home from work. I used to say "oh I'll work out tonight when I'm more awake". That never happened, simply because after a long day at work I was done like dinner when I came home. The last thing I wanted to do was MORE work.

I knew that the only time I could really get my workout in was in the morning. But how when I was tired then too?

This is what I did.

I decided that maybe I needed to scale things back and create an easy, less exhausting work out plan. Something that
    I WOULD ENJOY and it would take ONLY 20 MINUTES. When I thought I was too tired, I was able to tell myself "okay Deb, it's only 20 minutes, it will be quick. Just do".

Well after a while, that "little bit" for that 20 minutes, became A HABIT. I think that is key, you slowly create a habit. It starts to become a part of your routine.

I also find it helpful to get prepared the night before with having your workout gear all ready to put on when you get up. As you are "waking up" you can't help but see that you are wearing workout clothes instead of p.j.'s (a little mind trick).

After creating this habit, I was able to start building on my time a little bit and switch up my routine. I also make myself go on a walk during my lunch hour (workout number 2 for the day).

The next most important thing is a good support system to keep you motivated. I find that reading this thread with my morning cup of coffee inspires me and I want to workout. After my workout I FEEL GREAT.

Good luck teardrop, I'm sure that all of us on this thread struggle with fatigue and motivation.
  • DebbieW
    Options
    tearose - oops, my apologies, I meant to say tearose on my last post and accidently typed teardrop. (Still waking up.)

Also.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEALTHY, MORE FIT CINDY......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!

This is your day today Cindy, go have fun!!!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I do hope this is a good day.

Hubby came to bed last night & asked if I wanted to go out for lunch today. My sister called & said they are taking me out to dinner tonight so I had to tell hubby, " no that would just be too much eating out in one day". The only thing is my sister said she couldn't get reservations until 8 PM. I never eat that late. My daughter is a nurse and doesn't get off her shift until 7 and that's why the late reservation was chosen. I guess I'll just go on-line and see if I can look at the menu to see what they have. I may just have to do a juice fast on Sunday.

My daughter has submitted an application to the Mercy Ships (http://www.mercyships.org ). I'm not real thrilled but it is something she wants to do. I put the web address if you haven't heard about this organization. It's a floating hospital that goes to places like Africa to do free surgeries. She won't get paid so it will be a mission project for her. It's a great organization from what I can see on-line, but the Mother in me worries. Just something I will have to put in God's hands.

Well, time to go get Granny up for the day.

Have a good day & everyone make good choices!

Cindy
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    :smile: Happy Birthday Cindy

Thanks for all the posts it has helped me stay on track when I want to eat and I know it isn't time just craving I get on here and read some of the posts and that helps I have been on here for 10 days now and lost 2 lbs: heart: I weighed this morning.
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the BD wishes!

Aisser: Fantastic! Doesn't it feel good to see the numbers going down?

Cindy
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Hubby is home so no time to catch up on posts yet. Today he helped me weigh and measure and I'm tickled to say I'm down another inch in my belly and another pound. Catch you all tonight when he goes to work.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!:smile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday, Cindy!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hope its a great day!

Jeannie--The staff I met at PetSmart seem really nice. I could get either a job as a bather or working in the small animals section of the store. Since I love animals and have a lot of experience with the small ones (lots of apartments where they were the only pets allowed!:grumble: ), either would be fine with me! I should hear in a few days.

I haven't weighed in yet today--just got up--but I will in a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on later. The wind here today is incredible and the lights have almost gone out a couple of times. I sure hope we don't lose power!:tongue:

Oh, and before I forget--congrats to all who lost this week! I hope to join you!
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I am blogging from the Maw Maw Zoo. Yes I have 4 out of 6 grandchildren here and another little girl that I care for daily. the older two dont have school for teacher parent conferences and their mom teaches in a different parish. We are going to Chick fil a later. Their favorite place to eat and play of course. Our McDonalds play land is horribly dirty so we dont go there. I am glad cause I do not eat at McDonalds unless desperate. I get either the salad or the grilled chicken at chick fil a and is tasty and good in calories.
    Cindy, I eat out a lot, probably more than I should While I do believe that eating at home is better for you and easier to control, I have eaten out this entire journey and managed to keep losing. You just have to do your homework and make really good choices. I have decided that I do not want to miss opportunities to spend time with family and friends so I just make necessary adjustments. If you dont feel you can control what you eat then maybe you need to skip some outings but if you can control it go ahead and enjoy the company and concentrate less on the meal. There are a few places I avoid totally but most places I can find something. Have a good day everyone. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to marriages and goal completions.
    Vicki M
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Cindy - Happy Birthday! Your daughter is very admirable for wanting to go on the mercy ships. I have heard of them. I wish her the best of luck. Even though it doesn't pay it will be an experience that will help her for the rest of her life.

I'm at work, so I can't do the detailed response like I usually do. It seems like many of you are making small steps in breaking routines that caused the weight to come on over the years from exercising more to not giving in to old emotional eating habits. This is all great news. It reminds me of the movie "What About Bob?" We are all taking 'baby steps' towards change that will get us where we want to go.

Have a great day all,

JAM

PS: I did 15 minutes on the Wii this morning before work. Every little bit helps.
  • debieanne
    Options
    good morning to all happy aniverssary happy birthday aand so good to hear about jobs being found.. i say we are starting out good this year i am doing better with the water drinking and with my salads again. i myself have been doing crock pot cooking it is so much better than hamburg helper that i used to use. this past year i have learned to make homemade mac and cheese we use to eat so much of the box kind but now we eat lots healthy kind.. ok you all have a nice day and peace to all love debbie and family
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :happy: Well, I weighed in. I'm down 2.5 pounds!:happy: Kind of makes up for only going down half a pound last week!

And the wind has died down so I'm going to get some things done.

My son is taking us to Red Robin for dinner tonight. I've looked at the website and think I'll have the lettuce wrapped burger. I haven't had a burger in AGES!:laugh: