WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY

Options

Replies

• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies;

Becky, Great news that your husband has found a job.

Vicki M : What exactly do you mean doing that apple vinegar stuff?

I hope everyone has had a good day. Mine's been okay calorie wise. I'm not up to my calorie burn goal yet but there is still hope. If I go & get changed I could go and get in 30 min. on the elliptical and get it done. I always think of the Biggest Loser contestants when the program gets hard and tell myself if they can push through one more rep of something so can I.

I wore a pair of pants today that used to be too tight and they have actually been totally comfortable today. So I know I'm making progress but I still want it to happen quicker! I know a slower weight loss is better overall and 13 lbs to lose is better than the 22 lbs I started with. Oh well, I'd just better get off my duff and get it in gear.

Cindy
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Cindy,
    It is Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. You take 1 tsp before or after each meal and it helps with cravings. SusieQ told us about it and it really does work. Dont know why but it works. I ate a good supper and am under my calories for the day. Feel very good about myself. Have a good evening ladies. Try to get myself back on the treadmill after dinner goes down.
    vicki M
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Kathy, hope the job works out for you.

I have heard that vinegar is good for a lot of things. When my son was living at home, he worked for a local mechanic. He was working on a 80 something year old man's car. This man climbed under that car with him. My son asked him how he can be so limber at his age and he said it was because of apple cider vinegar.:smile:

Ladies, my strength class may be the end of me !!!! The woman who is leading it is a personal trainer and is really putting us through it. It is a struggle to last the hour and then I just about collapse when I get home. I better be getting a very toned body.:grumble:
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies !! Had to work the last 2 days and haven't had time to exercise. Without burning the usual calories I was still able to stay within my calorie limit yesterday and only went over by 100 today. Have the next few days off so should be able to get back on track.

Time to fix my hubby some dinner. Have a good evening.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

The most amazing things happened - my teenage son wants a small side salad in his lunches a few days a week and my teenage daughter is trying ALL vegatables. I just spend some time making a dry salad mix (nothing to make it soggy) and slicing up bell peppers and cucumbers. Then in the morning I can just throw it together in a small container for them. This new eating trend will make things a lot easier.

Exermom - I, too, am cooking more from scratch to lower calories and sodium. I do how ever still use canned soups, but I check the sodium content between brands and flavors. The things that have helped me this past year are the recipie forums here on MFP, my crockpot, my bread machine and a new cookbook that has nutritional information. I work so I need recipies that don't take long.

I've been doing pretty good about not eating my exercise calories the past few weeks, so I hope the scale will move when I check in next week.

Have a great evening all,

Jeannie
  • firetuck
    firetuck Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! Life has been hectic lately so I haven't been posting or reading like I want to - but it looks like everyone is hanging in there pretty well this month! YEA! I'm proud of all of us! I've been staying under my calories, drinking my water and exercising 6 days a week and I'm seeing results so I'm pretty excited and movtivated to keep going. And the little 'problem' I was having seems to have resolved itself. Thanks for all the advice!
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Funny thing happened in the office at the end of the day today. I was working late and the cleaners were coming around emptying garbage cans. The young man, said: "Congratulations". I looked at him and said: "Excuse me?". He said: "...on your pregnancy":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Okay, after I had told him I was just FAT, and he apologized (word to the young neandethalers, don't congratulate a woman on being pregnant, if you have no clue who she is) I had to chuckle. Let's face it, I could either feel insulted - which I didn't do - because my tummy HAS taken over my lovely figure after all and that's the truth - or I could fee complemented: that I looked young enough to be able to even GET pregnant. The latter of which I chose. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What else is a 58 year old to do. lol

:bigsmile: I think lipo-suction/tummy-tuck is becoming more and more attractive to me. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:drinker: Just thought I'd share. Have a good night. I know I will! :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: . I have some wonderful news: my husband has found a job. He begins training on Friday. He will be working third shift so he will still be able to go to the gym with me in the evenings.:smile:

:flowerforyou: Becky, I'm so glad to hear that your husband found a job.....I know how long he's been trying.

:flowerforyou: about cooking from scratch......we started looking into clean eating last winter and now we don't buy any processed foods except a few prepared sauces that we use from time to time (peanut sauce, curry sauce, salad dressing)...I buy chicken and fish and freeze them in single or double serving packages but we go to the grocery store at least twice a week to buy fresh fruit and vegetables.

:flowerforyou: cindy congrats on getting into smaller pants.....I think that's even more satisfying than the numbers on the scale.

:flowerforyou: Barb, you're right about all the posts and all the new members.....it looks like we'll get locked out of this thread long before the end of the month....:laugh:

:flowerforyou: hubby went to the movies by himself tonight so I had the chance to exercise, putter with paperwork, and watch the soaps that I taped.......it was a nice change

sweet dreams to all :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: Barbie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Just got back from swimming. And then we went out for dinner after. :laugh: I brought most of mine home.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Tonight I got smart and ate dinner BEFORE I got on here.:laugh:

Speaking of food, I want to share a tasty quick preparation tip for fish. I bought a package of individually wrapped frozen tilapia fillets. Each fillet only has 100 calories and 20 grams of protein. Last night I put one in the microwave, spooned a little peach mango salsa over it and micro'ed on 70% power for about 2 minutes. Along with some frozen veggies, it was delicious. Tonight, I did 2 fillets and put some Kraft Light Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing on top of them and cooked for just under three minutes on 70%--again, yummy!!

And QUICK!!!

Kathy, best of luck on your job interview. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: The three little piggies send their best wishes too!!:bigsmile:

I am not intentionally ignoring anyone....just don't have much time to post.

Good night...

Barb
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options

I wore a pair of pants today that used to be too tight and they have actually been totally comfortable today. So I know I'm making progress but I still want it to happen quicker! I know a slower weight loss is better overall and 13 lbs to lose is better than the 22 lbs I started with. Oh well, I'd just better get off my duff and get it in gear.

Cindy

Congratulations Cindy!!

I look forward to the day that I get to experience being "comfortable" in my pants again. I'm really excited this year about summer because I really missed wearing my favorite summer tops and capris last year because they were too tight.

Reading this thread everyday and logging my food and exercise is really helping me so much. I understand now the importance of a good support system.

Thanks everyone and have a great day today!
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Thanks DebbieW. Yet this morning I'm beating myself up over eating that candy bar that was in the house! At least it's gone and I'll try not to bring any more into this house! I went over my calories for yesterday but isn't it good news that this is a new day!

I'm going to try that apple cider vinegar thing. I've heard that cider vinegar is also good for hot flashes! And it can't hurt you!

Oh, Renny I guess the best thing about your being congratulated on expecting is that you still look young enough to be expecting! It seems like all my extra weight is concentrated in my tummy too. If I had the money and the GUTS I would have that stuff lipoed right out and would get a tummy tuck while I was it it!

Well the dogs want to go out and so does the trash.

Hope you all have a good day and that we all make good choices and listen to that good voice in our heads!

Cindy
  • firetuck
    firetuck Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    : about cooking from scratch......we started looking into clean eating last winter and now we don't buy any processed foods except a few prepared sauces that we use from time to time (peanut sauce, curry sauce, salad dressing)...I buy chicken and fish and freeze them in single or double serving packages but we go to the grocery store at least twice a week to buy fresh fruit and vegetables.

I get Clean Eating magazine - they also have a great website. I try to follow that whenever I can and think it makes a huge difference. I am not strict with it but I try to be careful with the processed foods that I eat and use Kashi products, etc. I also try to only use recipes that come from Cooking Light since most of my old ones are full of calories and fat.
  • vickim26
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    another great day ahead of me. I ate my cereal and am about to eat my yogurt. Exercise will come later. After bringing girls to school have to go get my mammogram done. Then I will run some errands and meet Kenneth for lunch. He forgot his phone at home so we have to meet up for him to get it. Thinking of a nice big salad somewhere. Just have to decide where. I feel so much better following my plan and getting some exercise. I was miserable before and too dumb to get out of the rut. Amazing to me how easily we fall back into old patterns. However, my recovery this time was so much quicker. I will weigh in next week. If I do it this week I will get discouraged. I will follow plan and weigh next week and hopefully see good results.
    Here are my future plans so that I need to really get fit and fine. LOL
    Kenneth and I are going to Disney Mardi Gras week just the two of us.
    Heather will have baby mid May
    Going to Nashville 1st of June with Kenneth and two older granddaughters for Country Music Festival
    End of June going back to Disney with daughter beth and family
    Mid August, Dad, sister and I are going to Minneapolis for a Marine reunion for my dad.
    Whew I am excited and tired just thinking of it. I feel like a world traveler.
    Have a good day ladies. Sorry if this was too long.
    Vicki M
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Income Tax Season consumes me!!!!:noway: But had to drop in to say that I lost another 3 lbs!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Sending hugs to all!!!:heart:
    BirdieM:love:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Funny thing happened in the office at the end of the day today. I was working late and the cleaners were coming around emptying garbage cans. The young man, said: "Congratulations". I looked at him and said: "Excuse me?". He said: "...on your pregnancy":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Renny,
    If someone thought I was pregnant at MY age....I'd take it as a compliment!!!!!:laugh:
    BirdieM:wink:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    Renny, you made me start the day with a laugh! What a positive attitude. And you're right - how nice someone thinks you're young enough to be pregnant.

Debbie, you mentioned a cookbook with nutritional values and sounds like quick recipes. I'd love to know the name of it. I'm not theworld's greatest cook so I need simple, but I also want soemthign tasty.

Barb, I'm going to try your fish idea.

BirdieM - congratls on losing 3 pounds!!!

Vicki - I read that Heather is pregnant. I seem to recall that you had a daughter who had a msicarriage - was that Heather? Hope all is well (sounds like it) and am so happy and excited for you all.

Got to go get ready for my Zumba class. Am making an effort to get back on track - still havent' gotten the late ngiht snacking under control yet. I also havent' set any goals. I think I need a challenge to get me going.
    Have a good day all.
    Zaza
  • vickim26
    Options
    Yes Zaza, Heather is pregnant and she is the one who had the miscarriage last year. She is due in May and is doing well this time. We found out a few weeks ago that it is a boy. We are excited.
    Vicki M
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options

Cindy

Cindy, I was so very proud of you fitting comfortably in your pants.

Well, guess what?

As I was getting dressed for work this morning I put on a pair of pants that I haven't worn since late December and the zipper went up without the usual struggle of sucking in my breath to do them up. I stood still for a second, not sure what just happened or what to think. I s..l..o..w..l..y turned sideways and looked in the mirror. "Oh" I thought to myself, "that was easy".

I was comfortable in my pants all day at work today! Also, every time I used the washroom, I got to enjoy that excitement of zipping up my pants all over again! Hahaha! I even told some of the other ladies at work.

I can hardly wait until I weigh in on Saturday. I really feel like I have lost some weight.

YEAH!!!!!!

Sorry for bragging but I'm sure everyone knows how exciting it is to finally fit into a once tight fitting pair of pants.

Good luck everyone, I hope you get the same excitement this week too.
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Debbie: Fantastic! I also tried on another pair I hadn't been wearing and could fit in them too! the jeans I've been wearing today are just plain too Big! They are my favorite so I wish I had them in a smaller pair. I've got more down in the cedar chest in my basement but I don't know if I want to get the smaller ones out cause I might be disappointed.

I've had a hard time today. I'm still getting my TOM and when that happens I am just HUNGRY! I turn 54 tomorrow and I thought I would be done with this by now! Very frustrating.

I've been doing the vinegar today so I'll see how it works for me.

Have a great evening everyone!

cindy