Deployment Overeater Support Team

Options
14567810»

Replies

• timmijop
    timmijop Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hope everyone is doing well!!!! the weeks are going fast here and i have totally been slacking :( alot going on at the house could really use some one to kick me in the butt
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Timmie- I'll kick you in the butt...fwap! Get going! hahaha, jk. I know how you feel. It's so close to the end for you and it's so hard to get your workouts in and food right.

Thomas is home! He's been home for 6 days, and things have been wonderful. We had a friend babysit last night so we could go to a Christian concert (WinterJam). It was awesome! Georgia is attached to him. Won't let him leave the room without grilling him on where he's ging! Trying not to think of saying goodbye again...
  • timmijop
    Options
    thanks hopey hope u guys r enjoying ur time together!!!!!!! where r my support ladies at we are all loosing some steam its time get refocused and kick it in high gear!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever gone or delt with panic attacks or a sense of being over whelmed knowing a deployment is coming soon and your not sure how your going to get through it and make sure the kids get through it also ... My first deployment i was pregnant with our little one so i only had my two older boys to handle and now i have all three and being here all alone for 7 months freaks me out that i will be the only one doing everything 100% and there is no hey honey can you help me with this for 7 months .... How does everyone else put a smile on their face and get through the day with out your loved one there??? And make sure the kids don't stress out either
  • timmijop
    Options
    I just have my little girl but I realized that I wanted to be a strong woman and to be a good mother and wife I had no other choice to be one, Lots of women every day go through exactly what we are going through now. We have all seen the amazing good bad ugly and down right scary when it comes to spouses. It is a choice you make, I made it a point to make my moto this deployment "make him proud" it is on my phone when I turn it on. Because as proud as we are of them dont we want them to be as proud of us. My husband is about to be home and I am honestly going insane, these past couple days I am going through every emotion I can think of! I wanna scream cry jump for joy and punch someone all at once. And I am getting so frustrated with people who have never gone through anything like this (non military and civilian spouses) telling me what to expect how to deal and how my husband will be when he gets home! Its one of those things that you really cant understand until your there. I had a girl complaining to me the other day because her boyfriend was in TX in training and she was frustrated because she could only text him during the day!!! I can understand how that can be hard when you are not used to such and I offered my support to her in his upcoming deployment but inside I felt a bit angry because she has no idea. As military wives, moms, children, girlfriends ect we all have to be tough and hold our head higher than people who arent. I prefer to talk to you all than my civilian friends because they just dont know. I know going back to PA for a visit after my husband deployed people treated me like my husband had passed. "oh he is in Afghanistan, I am so sorry. He is going to miss so much with your daughter words, steps, teeth" WOW I heard that alot, people just dont know what to say and it turns into a very ackward situation. We are military and they do deploy and I knew that when I married my husband it was a decision we both talked about. and as for my daughter it crosses my mind every time I see her do something new and I am scrambeling for the camera or I look at her and see how amazing she is and I cant help but get alittle down because daddy only gets to see that through pictures and doesnt get to hold her.

I apologize for the long rant like I said in the beginning I am an emotional wreck with only 9 days until my husband comes home I am just loosing my mind with this flood of thoughts and things I have supressed through out this deployment.
  • stacy992
    stacy992 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, My name is Stacy, I completely get it!! My husband and I just were posted to a new place in 2008, got married 2 months later thne they told us he was being shipped to AFGH as well, he has been gone since Jan 2009 and I have gained 50 pounds!! I am 5'8 and need to loose this weight..I am totally with you in this group.
  • timmijop
    Options
    yay welcome stacy!!!!! this is a great bunch of ladies
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    timmijop

I know what you mean about people not understanding! I had to stop hanging out with certain friends during my last deployment because they would say things that would just upset me or i would want to talk to them and all they could say was mean things that made everything worse. I started hanging out with a friend who's husband was deployed also and we understood how it felt to be away from the one you love and how it's not so easy like everyone else thinks it is. One of my friends said she would love it for her husband to leave for six months and give her a break from him and i remember just wanting to scream at her cause it isn't like we have a choice of when our men leave and when they come home. This deployment i plan on hanging out with my military friends as much as i can since they all know how it feels and can give me encouragment and not saying things that will upset me... And your so right about having to be strong and make your hubby proud of you! That's one of the big things i really want to do during this deployment is make my husband proud of me i want him to know hey my wife can handle the kids, the house, the animals, the bills and her self while im gone and that will take so much stress of him if he doesn't have to worry about that while he's gone. I also want him to be proud of me for when i lose all my weight and better myself. Im already starting to plan out fun ways for the kids to count down until her gets home and bought a punch of crafts so we can send him pictures and little things to make and send him so not only does he know we are thinking of him but also for the kids to feel apart of this deployment in a good way.
  • timmijop
    Options
    we did a thing called days for daddy and everyday we would write what we did during the day on a post it note along with the day and how many days tim was gone (well I would my daughter is 1) and at first I could just put it on talya and now she will hold it but I would snap a picture of her with it and then I would send the picture via email and the post it snail mail!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Has anyone heard of Daddy Dolls??? They are special made dolls with your husbands picture on them and you can record his voice and when your hubby is gone your child will have a doll to hug and listen to his voice here's the link for the dolls im thinking of getting one for my youngest son

https://www.hugahero.com/categories
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    i have heard of the daddy dolls, but the pictures have to be very specific and we didn't have one and DH had already left.

Sorry I have been MIA, just been having a hard time getting into the dieting mode after R&R. I have been doing a lot of soul searching and have found a Bible study for weight loss. I am only on my 2nd week of it and in my first week I have lost 5 pounds. It is not a diet at all, it is just teaching me to deal with my issues with food and growing me closer to God :) I am such an emotional eater and have really let food control me and this is really helping me break the stronghold food has on me. It seems the harder I focus on dieting the worse I do on my calorie count and the more I demean myself and rip myself apart verbally. So if anyone else is struggling in this way, the Bible study is online free and it is: www.flowersoverthewall.com

Hope everyone is doing well! We are coming down to the end of our deployment but time seems to be standing still..
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Well he's gone again. Won't see him again until August..... :sad:
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    i'm sorry! I hope the time goes quickly for you.
  • holly122677
    Options
    Jamie, I have been MIA also. I have less than 2ish months left before the end of Chris's deployment. By the time he comes home it will have been 9 months since I last seen him. Seems like I am cycling through every emotion. I miss him more and more everyday and that makes me turn to food. I too am an emotional eater. I find comfort in my food. I am going to check into the bible course.

I am going to try to get back on track. It has been so hard lately. Time doesnt seem to be moving fast enough for me. I know that is selfish for me to say. Its not good to wish our time away.

I am very happy for Timmijo. So glad Tim made it home safe!!!!!

Take care ladies and have a good evening. I will check in tomorrow.

God Bless
  • timmijop
    Options
    Hi ladies, Hubby made it home safely!! Things have been crazy with the transition of him coming home and us celebrating all of the holidays! Talya took a bit but is getting used to daddy pretty well! He is such a great father and husband. Deployment really made us appriciate eachother so much more! Ladies dont listen to all the hoop la about your husband or boyfriend coming home and have a drinking problem or the new craze (spice or spike) problem! It isnt true. I had several marines and wives tell me "I guarentee he will come home and have drinking or drug problem...do you know the things that are available to him out there?" I was so scared for him to come home. I want to tell them to eat poo!!!! My husband came home, passed up drinking with his buddies, has had a 6 pack in the fridge since hes been back on the 19th and has drank maybe 3 of them and given the rest away. absolutely no spice, and has maybe smoked 5 packs of cigarettes. (which I complain about but if I had to pick a habit ya know) I have felt so blessed and happy and free to eat everything in the house hahah!

So its time to get back on track, Inlaws are coming down the 17th, big birthday party for our big girl on the 24th and I wanna rock a pretty sun dress and a trip to western pa in August and I wanna look great for it!!!!! so its time to rock and roll! hubby and I are gonna do p90x together wish me luck hahah!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Bumping...I keep seeing new military wives/family members showing up.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Is anyone still doing this team????