OVER 200 CLUB NEW YEAR NEW BODY (OPEN GROUP)

Options

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, I am having a hard time staying within the sodium I need to stay within, I was just wondering what you guys eat for lunch. I have been eating frozen diet meals for lunch b/c I don't want to cook just for me, but they are loaded with sodium. I am going grocery shopping on Thursday and so I wanted to get some ideas of some things that I can have for lunch. Also, my doctor recommends that I eat 1600 calories a day, well today I am at 1,235 calories but I have went over on my sodium by 365, so should I just call it a day with that or should I try to get to the 1600 calories and then I would be over on sodium by a lot more than that. My doctor did tell me that I can play around with my calories a bit and see what works for me. Think it would hurt to have a low calorie day and then tomorrow go back to 1600?

Switch it up like your doc said.Its called cycling and it has been proven to help you lose weight.So if your not hungry don't eat anymore today.If you are eat a bit of fruit or veggies.They don't have much sodium if any at all.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, I am having a hard time staying within the sodium I need to stay within, I was just wondering what you guys eat for lunch. I have been eating frozen diet meals for lunch b/c I don't want to cook just for me, but they are loaded with sodium. I am going grocery shopping on Thursday and so I wanted to get some ideas of some things that I can have for lunch. Also, my doctor recommends that I eat 1600 calories a day, well today I am at 1,235 calories but I have went over on my sodium by 365, so should I just call it a day with that or should I try to get to the 1600 calories and then I would be over on sodium by a lot more than that. My doctor did tell me that I can play around with my calories a bit and see what works for me. Think it would hurt to have a low calorie day and then tomorrow go back to 1600?

Switch it up like your doc said.Its called cycling and it has been proven to help you lose weight.So if your not hungry don't eat anymore today.If you are eat a bit of fruit or veggies.They don't have much sodium if any at all.

thanks, that is what I thought too, but wasn't sure. what do you eat for lunch?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Momoftwo - my food diary is public if you want to look. And you can just ignore the ice cream sandwich kick I've been on lately... :embarassed:

My sodium is normally 1500mg-2000mg -- I grab a frozen dinner for lunch if I'm running late in the morning (which happens more than I'd like). But today I'll be around 1100mg.
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I normally have left overs or a salad. My food is also public. So feel free to take a peak as well.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, I am having a hard time staying within the sodium I need to stay within, I was just wondering what you guys eat for lunch. I have been eating frozen diet meals for lunch b/c I don't want to cook just for me, but they are loaded with sodium. I am going grocery shopping on Thursday and so I wanted to get some ideas of some things that I can have for lunch.
    Hi MOMOFTWO!

I try to eat a simple lunch with lots of veggies.

When I'm home I'll eat a small can of tuna with 2TB light mayo on a toasted slice of high fiber bread - it's as fast as a microwave meal! Add some carrots and a sugar free jello or pudding and you have a yummy lunch!

I buy the large bag of frozen chicken breasts. I'll grill a boneless skinless chicken breast in the George Foreman - did you know you can grill a frozen breast? Just rinse it off until the ice is off of it and put it on your grill! Heat up some frozen veggies to go with it - fast and easy and YUMMY!

Take left overs from dinner, portion them out and and put them in (saved) microwave meal containers and freeze- no rush to eat them and you can build up a little variety!

PB&J on high fiber bread!

Low sodium soups are fast and easy.

baby spinach salads with light vinaigrette dressing - YUM! One or two hard boiled eggs add protein and enough fat to keep you happy for a few hours!

Another idea I've used (and need to get back to) is having a lunch making day where I cook up healthy meal like white chili with chicken, and portion it out into freezer containers - freeze and you have your own HEALTHY frozen meal. If you plans change that week - no problem you have lunch ready for next week!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Momoftwo - my food diary is public if you want to look. And you can just ignore the ice cream sandwich kick I've been on lately... :embarassed:

My sodium is normally 1500mg-2000mg -- I grab a frozen dinner for lunch if I'm running late in the morning (which happens more than I'd like). But today I'll be around 1100mg.

thanks I will look and see.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

I normally have left overs or a salad. My food is also public. So feel free to take a peak as well.

thanks
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    hi everyone, I am having a hard time staying within the sodium I need to stay within, I was just wondering what you guys eat for lunch. I have been eating frozen diet meals for lunch b/c I don't want to cook just for me, but they are loaded with sodium. I am going grocery shopping on Thursday and so I wanted to get some ideas of some things that I can have for lunch.
    Hi MOMOFTWO!

I try to eat a simple lunch with lots of veggies.

When I'm home I'll eat a small can of tuna with 2TB light mayo on a toasted slice of high fiber bread - it's as fast as a microwave meal! Add some carrots and a sugar free jello or pudding and you have a yummy lunch!

I buy the large bag of frozen chicken breasts. I'll grill a boneless skinless chicken breast in the George Foreman - did you know you can grill a frozen breast? Just rinse it off until the ice is off of it and put it on your grill! Heat up some frozen veggies to go with it - fast and easy and YUMMY!

Take left overs from dinner, portion them out and and put them in (saved) microwave meal containers and freeze- no rush to eat them and you can build up a little variety!

PB&J on high fiber bread!

Low sodium soups are fast and easy.

baby spinach salads with light vinaigrette dressing - YUM! One or two hard boiled eggs add protein and enough fat to keep you happy for a few hours!

Another idea I've used (and need to get back to) is having a lunch making day where I cook up healthy meal like white chili with chicken, and portion it out into freezer containers - freeze and you have your own HEALTHY frozen meal. If you plans change that week - no problem you have lunch ready for next week!

thanks, those are all great ideas. I will have to try those.
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Would love to join! I'm in another group that weights the first of every month. This will keep me going strong weekly, you can never have enough support!

SW 235
    CW 213
    GW 160

Calories: just under
    Water: yes all
    Exercise: walked at the mall with my oldest for almost two hours
    Proud: That people are saying the 4 magic words "Have you lost weight?"

Angela
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Would love to join! I'm in another group that weights the first of every month. This will keep me going strong weekly, you can never have enough support!

SW 235
    CW 213
    GW 160

Angela

Welcome, It looks like you already have our routine down. Look forward to getting to know you
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

SW 235
    CW 213
    GW 160

Angela

welcome, this is a great group and very supportive
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Carleybb, welcome to our group:flowerforyou:

momoftwo, I really think cutting those diet frozen lunches would help you with your sodium. When you make chicken breast for your family cook an extra one and all you have to do it pop it in the micro the next day. I can't reduce my sodium. I have to take in the entire 2500 because I am on meds that reduce it due to my high blood pressure

snowflakes, you always make sense to me and I think you always have sweet good advice for us.

jlb123, the cigs are gone part of the past. Let them go. I quit cold turkey Dec. 14 , 1999 after smoking from the time I was 14 until I was 29. I was up to 2 packs a day and as horrible as this sounds the pregnancy before this was in 1997 and I could not quit for my baby. I am ashamed of that, but that is how much of a slave to cigarettes that I was. I was cutting back a ton but I still took chances with every cig I puffed on. Thank God I had a healthy 9 pound 5 ounces only 18.5 inch baby girl(she was so short and so fat it was hilarious) In 1999 thanks to the help of GOD I was done and have been every since. You have proven that you can put those suckers down, so just move forward. You are stronger now and I know you can move forward.

awestfall, hope that migrane subsides.:flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: over by 500 ... but at least I tracked them (it's been 2-3 weeks)
    water: not good ... short by 32 oz
    exercise: also not good ... did a lot of running the kids around, but nothing I can really count
    proud: 1) tracked my food 2)didn't have a snack before bed even though I wanted one 3)got up this morning and went to the Y for step for an hour since I'm missing my regular time tonight

have a great day everyone!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Carleybb, welcome to our group:flowerforyou:

momoftwo, I really think cutting those diet frozen lunches would help you with your sodium. When you make chicken breast for your family cook an extra one and all you have to do it pop it in the micro the next day. I can't reduce my sodium. I have to take in the entire 2500 because I am on meds that reduce it due to my high blood pressure

snowflakes, you always make sense to me and I think you always have sweet good advice for us.

jlb123, the cigs are gone part of the past. Let them go. I quit cold turkey Dec. 14 , 1999 after smoking from the time I was 14 until I was 29. I was up to 2 packs a day and as horrible as this sounds the pregnancy before this was in 1997 and I could not quit for my baby. I am ashamed of that, but that is how much of a slave to cigarettes that I was. I was cutting back a ton but I still took chances with every cig I puffed on. Thank God I had a healthy 9 pound 5 ounces only 18.5 inch baby girl(she was so short and so fat it was hilarious) In 1999 thanks to the help of GOD I was done and have been every since. You have proven that you can put those suckers down, so just move forward. You are stronger now and I know you can move forward.

awestfall, hope that migrane subsides.:flowerforyou:

Thank you Momma, that is what I thought too, that I need to give up the frozen meals, they are expensive anyways, so I am going to scout around the grocery store Thursday and see what I can find that is lower in sodium than them.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed at how busy this thread is. It's great!!

Here are yesterday's stats:
    Calories: 325 calories under goal
    Exercise: Sadly, no
    Water: 32 oz.
    Proud: I joined a weight loss challenge to help keep me motivated.

So, about this weight loss challenge...there is a guy in the group who thinks he can beat all of us in all categories. So, my plan is to not let him know I'm competitive. He can think I'm the shy, quiet girl. And then, I'll beat him even if I don't beat anyone else. Now, I'm asking you ladies to help me stay motivated to do it. The challenge goes until March 22nd. Help keep me on track!

I'm thinking about putting my food diary down as public to keep myself accountable. I know I don't eat the right things but am working hard at staying within the calories. Baby steps, baby steps. I recently added sodium tracking and am amazed at how awful that's been. No wonder I'm having trouble dropping weight!

Have a great day and I'll try to check in more often just to keep up with y'all!
    Heather
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about putting my food diary down as public to keep myself accountable. I know I don't eat the right things but am working hard at staying within the calories. Baby steps, baby steps. I recently added sodium tracking and am amazed at how awful that's been. No wonder I'm having trouble dropping weight!
    Heather - I think making your food diary public is a great idea. I think about how mine will be viewed and I think it helps motivate me to make better choices. Or at the least it makes me super aware of the bad choices LOL!:bigsmile:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the new girls!

jlb - I smoked for 7 years so I know how tempting they can be. Try to remember your new lifestyle is about being healthy and that cigs don't fit into that!

MOMOFTWO29 - for lunch I usually do a small serving of leftovers with a side veggies, sandwich with a side of veggies, or soup with a side of veggies. Oh, and sometimes I make myself an omelet.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey gals. Checking in for yesterday:

1-4-10
    Calories: Right on, maybe a little over
    Water: Yes
    Exercise: No

Need to get back into exercising, I've been so lethargic after the holidays and the cold weather isnt helping. i really should start playing Wii fit or get that freakin gazelle into the living room. ugh.

In other news I got my mom and my sister to join. yayy! :bigsmile: So maybe my mom will hop into this thread too, shes still unsure about posting on the forums. =(
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Wow such a busy thread today...

I am not help in the sodium cause i am always over.

I tried my new kettlebell i got for christmas today, did not like the video was kinda stupid and the 1st exercise i cannot do, it is like getting up and down on the floor while holding this 7lb kettlebell over you with one arm, i am big girl with a bad knee aint happening. But it came with a booklet and i did the rest of the exercises and a few more that I came up with.

I am soo excited biggest looser coming on tonight,
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    So maybe my mom will hop into this thread too, shes still unsure about posting on the forums. =(

Aw, tell her to come on! I think the forums are the most helpful part of MFP. I can keep my own food diary & know how many calories I should eat at any time (I've done it before & failed). But you sure can't get support like this all on your lonesome. :wink: