Insanity Challenge

Options

Replies

• DGrayaon
    Options
    I am back in the land of the living. So after having a respiratory tract infection I've had 2 rounds of antibiotics and 2 rounds of steroids for my asthma. Docs told me I wasn't under any circumstances allowed to work out!

I got through to day 3 of week 2 but I should be starting week 4 today which is really upsetting. I feel like a total doughball for doing no exercise and just resting and eating!

So what do you think I should do? Should I start over from week one or start back at beginning of week 2 or just crack on into week 3?

I'm totally gutted knowing I should be starting the end of the first month today, feel like I've achieved nothing.
  • szulkarn
    Options
    i stumbled into the program last weekend and i just started (am on day 5 now). yesterday i did the cardio recovery. and i thought i, gonna get a breather but it still kicked my butt haha..
    i did my pure cardio today, and when shaun T said he gonna be scared for the workout (after the warmup) my heart just skipped a beat....
    but all in all i gave my best shot and i did it!

this is my first week, so far out of every 3 rounds of each set . i only managed to do half . so that makes me 1/3 complete.
    hopefully my strength increases.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I had to stop last week due to illness. I'm going to restart week 3 today. Hopefully I can snap back into it.
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    seams like we just needed a break, im feeling so much better now no more pain, so im thnking maybe i should start again , what do you think girls ? i should be starting week 3 now
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    seams like we just needed a break, im feeling so much better now no more pain, so im thnking maybe i should start again , what do you think girls ? i should be starting week 3 now

It's that time of year where everyone gets sick. I can never escape it.

Aren't you on PX90 right now? Are you considering doing both programs at the same time?
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am on Day # 51 - so the countdown is on until I'm finished this round. I will be continuting on with a round of P90X just for the hell of it :tongue:
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    I am on Day # 51 - so the countdown is on until I'm finished this round. I will be continuting on with a round of P90X just for the hell of it :tongue:

Nice! You're end is so close! Did you notice any changes to your body? Is month 2 *really* that much harder than month 1?

I'm thinking of starting p90X afterwards. Assuming I surive Insanity of course.:ohwell:
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Insanity is awesome, but wreaks havoc on my knees if I try to do the whole program in 60 days. But I wish you luck and an awesome transformation story!
  • HopetoFaith
    Options

It's that time of year where everyone gets sick. I can never escape it.

Aren't you on PX90 right now? Are you considering doing both programs at the same time?
    yes coz p90x not a cardio program at all I hardly burn any cal on it
  • marigomez25
    marigomez25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How do you guys log your excercise to match the intensity of insanity?
  • ThisCanadian
    Options

The best thing to do is invest in a heart rate monitor. If that is not an option I use aerobics high impact, low impact, callisthenics, stretching, etc. I will try to break it down as close as possible but it will not be 100% accurate.
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    I do use HRM to track my cal burn
  • bumfoolery
    Options
    In second week, feeling it. Im gonna do P90X or Asylum after, I just dont know how much i want to invest in all the equipment. I guess thats what craigslist is for.

But first... a HRM with Cal counter!

Success to all!
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    My two post Insanity workouts are Asylum or PX90 as well. Hope2Faith mentioned up thread that there is little cardio in PX90 so I might do that for a break. Be sure to share your next fitness test results on this thread for shared motivation.
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    In second week, feeling it. Im gonna do P90X or Asylum after, I just dont know how much i want to invest in all the equipment. I guess thats what craigslist is for.

But first... a HRM with Cal counter!

Success to all!
    its not that much you need pull up bar about 20 ish£ and resistance bands instead of weights works just a same 20£ too
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    I'm back on track 16 of insanity done, feels so good although I was struggling big time after a weeks break, I will be ok again after a few days. I'm going a bit crazy now, doing insanity and p90x and on the top of that if I have some spear time cross trainer phhhhuuu, hard work when you wanna reach your goals :)))) today was yoga day at p90x 90 min can you believe I last only 35, it's so boring same and same thing again, now I can say I hate yoga :/
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm on my second day of recover week...it feels wierd to wind down the intensity...I know next week is going to be a struggle...
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    I'm on my second day of recover week...it feels wierd to wind down the intensity...I know next week is going to be a struggle...
    save all extra energy for month two :) you will need it
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm in the recovery week and starting over on Monday! I'm excited!
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    Day 18 and all is going well so far, I'm enjoying it :)