Insanity Challenge

Options

Replies

• HopetoFaith
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I'm starting with the Fit Test tonight! Eek.
    it's never too late :)
  • bellanoirfrost
    Options
    I don't have the insanity set , but can I find it anywhere free online? I would like to start it too! I am so excited, I read all about it!
  • DGrayaon
    Options
    Here are the results from my second fit test:

Fit Test 2, Monday October 8th

Switch kicks: 59 (original 28)

Power jacks: 36 (original 29)

Power knees: 61 (original 42)

Power jumps: 26 (original 19)

Globe jumps: 7 (original 4)

Suicide jumps: 9 (original 6)

Push-up jacks: 0, did 16 modified push-ups

Low plank oblique: 16 (original 14)

Wow well done, there are some great improvements there. I'll post mine tomorrow, sadly they're not as impressive as yours!

I struggled with the fit test as I am still getting over this infection but I managed to get through it.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Doing the Fit Test tonight.

I don't think there is enough strength training in Insanity (but I don't think there is enough cardio in P90X and I don't really like the P90X trainer!) so I have tweaked the Insanity programme to incorporate 2 weight sessions per week and I place my rest day in line with my Wednesday yoga class.

Exciting times!
  • DGrayaon
    Options
    Bad news ladies, my doctor advices my to stop doing insanity, she said its too soon after giving birth it's been 8 weeks now and while I'm breast feeding my hormones still messing around so my joints can't get back to pre pregnancy strength, that's why it's sore and this morning I woke up with sore ankles too ............. What's next ? I really need to give a rest joints are so much more important then weight loss now. I was so sad when she told stop it and start insanity later when I'm back to my normal.... It was hard to start it at first , and when I done two weeks give up , I wanna cry .

Really gutted for you. Your health comes first though. You need to be able to run around after the kids!
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    burned 859 calories doing 70 minutes of ""INSANITY" Max Interval Circuit (771 cals) + 10 mins of Thigh Exercises (88 cals)" per HRM

Restarted Month 2 without doing the Fit Test!
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    burned 859 calories doing 70 minutes of ""INSANITY" Max Interval Circuit (771 cals) + 10 mins of Thigh Exercises (88 cals)" per HRM

Restarted Month 2 without doing the Fit Test!
    really nice burn
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    Switch kicks: 47 - 71
    Power jacks: 42 - 34
    Power knees: 80 - 83
    Power jumps: 10 - 20
    Globe jumps: 9 - 9
    Suicide jumps: 8 - 12
    Push-up jacks: 1 - 13 (from 1 to 13 cant believe)
    Low plank oblique: 15 - 39
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2

I wish I was better at the moves, and didn't feel like I was dying...but I hope that gets better
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Switch kicks: 47 - 71
    Power jacks: 42 - 34
    Power knees: 80 - 83
    Power jumps: 10 - 20
    Globe jumps: 9 - 9
    Suicide jumps: 8 - 12
    Push-up jacks: 1 - 13 (from 1 to 13 cant believe)
    Low plank oblique: 15 - 39

Wowza! That is amazing. Just be safe because of your doctors instructions. Stop for a few days if you need to.
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    Day 16 down. Felt like I was not performing at top capacity today, like maybe I could have pushed a little harder today. I think my stretches are getting a little deeper so that is a plus.
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    Day 16 down. Felt like I was not performing at top capacity today, like maybe I could have pushed a little harder today. I think my stretches are getting a little deeper so that is a plus.
    by the day 60 you will get on the flor like Shaun t says its so good that......
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    by the day 60 you will get on the flor like Shaun t says its so good that......

44 more days to go :drinker:
  • 1RareJewel
    Options
    10/9/12 M2D2
    burned 774 calories doing 64 minutes of ""INSANITY" Max Interval Plyo (676) & Thigh Exercises (98) -HRM
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I really really need a day of rest..my whole body is killing me.

Is it okay to take a day off during the week,and just pick it back up tomorrow?
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    I really really need a day of rest..my whole body is killing me.

Is it okay to take a day off during the week,and just pick it back up tomorrow?

I think the number one rule is listen to your body. I like to err on the safe side. What are the ramifications of taking one day off? Do you need the day to truly recover, or are you looking for an excuse to delay exercise? No one here can answer that but you.

Now from personal experience I can say on day 3 my entire body was aching due to the new exercises. I asked people on the forums if I should take a day or keep going. Because I wasn't injured I decided to push through and actually felt better afterwards.

I hope you recover shortly. If you decide to take a day off then don't feel guilty. It's one day on our lifetime of change. :smile:
  • 1RareJewel
    Options
    burned 711 calories doing 55 minutes of ""INSANITY" Max Cardio Conditioning (637) + Weights (74) HRM"

Max Cardio Conditioning really kicked my (_!_) in a good way!
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Hey!

I have done Insanity before and it's a great workout! I'm actually putting together an October support group. I run one every month. I'd love to have you and your friends a part of this! I have ideas and can share with you what worked best for me! :)
  • nattylou90natt
    nattylou90natt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi

On day three of Insanity today .. and i feel so good!
    Im totally out of shape, so my boyfriend and I have started Insanity together. Im finding that doing it together is really motivating me as im trying to keep up with him as he is much fitter than me! This is helping me much much more!
    Im aching from head to toe, but i know i cant have a rest day until day 7! (even with two twelve hour shifts at the weekend :( )

Hope we can all support eachother through it!!
  • Cyorgy2
    Options
    Hi y'all. I haven't checked in since i started. I finished week two yesterday and do my second fit test tomorrow. I have definitely seen an improvement in how long I can go. I am taking much fewer if any breaks and can push myself through more. I think the most important thing is to just push yourself as hard as you can as long as you can. Some days when I am extra tired i know I am not going as hard but all you can do is the best you can do. It is also hard finding the time with a 3 month old that will not sleep during the day consistently but even if I have to stop to take a break I always try to finish.

I have lost 6.8 lbs since starting and over two inches in my waist. I am taking pictures but its hard to really see a difference yet so I will post those maybe after the first month. The results are definitely motivating.

Keep up the good work everyone!!