PHOTOSHOP PICS!.....but why???

Options

Replies

• Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I dont hate you in any way but I think its ironic that you posted all this about people being fake when I'd bet my left arm that no matter what you say your hair and boobs were created in a laboratory... Not that there is anything wrong with that if that is what you choose to do to yourself. But come on lets be honest here! and you talk about what people will look like 20 years from now, well what do you think those are going to look like when youre 80. :huh:
  • spikefoot
    Options
    cameras can reveal more than we see in real life and subtle tweaks and stuff is often required (if you want it to look all nice and stuff)

The problems lies in people lacking any self control and then they just keep going..

Proper adjustments should not be visible or blatant... they should be a compliment and not the focus.

The same applies to many other things and not just pictures... less is always more.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This is random (and Im board) but I have seen bazillions of pictures everywhere that are obviously photoshopped. My question is WHY?:smokin:

Why would you want to photoshop the CRUD out of your pictures so that it barely looks like you, or doesnt look like you at all. What happens when your photoshopped pictures are out there for everyone to see-right, then you actually meet and they go "DAMN" (in a negative way) because you look nothing like your pictures....isnt that setting yourself up for a huge disapointment?

So you have a problem with photoshop but no problem with chicks that wear a ton of make-up, lashes, extensions, fake boobs or push-up bras? I prefer not to use a photo of me rolling outta bed with no make-up on. :noway:
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Oh your so sure they're fake....how do you know this ? Victoria has many secrets you know, besides they're not photo shopped. And your comments on my bits have nothing to do with the subject.
    [/quote]

Mwahahahahahahahahaa :laugh:

*Oops that was def supposed to be a quote...not sure what happened there but still funny lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh your so sure they're fake....how do you know this ? Victoria has many secrets you know, besides they're not photo shopped. And your comments on my bits have nothing to do with the subject.

That secret is such a secret, I have never quite seen something subject to such a secret before. But maybe I would never know, as its a secret.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    after sitting here for over half an hour the irony and dare I say it attention seeking makes me want to laugh...

IF I WANT TO PHOTOSHOP MYSELF FLAWLESS I SURE AS HELL WILL JUST LIKE YOU SEEM TO WANT TO HAVE YOUR BUST HANGING OUT, FACE FULL OF MAKE-UP AND FAKE NAILS...push up bras are FAKE FAKE FAKE :)

its like posting a photo of yourself with a push-up bra, meet a guy and take him home and when its time to pull of that bra little grapes come popping out :noway: , or the next morning when you wake no make, all those blemishes and wrinkles eurghh its all fake ! get over it...

tis all a liar guys...run from the liarssssssss :happy:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I dont hate you in any way but I think its ironic that you posted all this about people being fake when I'd bet my left arm that no matter what you say your hair and boobs were created in a laboratory... Not that there is anything wrong with that if that is what you choose to do to yourself. But come on lets be honest here! and you talk about what people will look like 20 years from now, well what do you think those are going to look like when youre 80. :huh:

You just lost an ARM. And besides everyone attacking me for whatever the reason, going on and on about me. My hair is not fake. In any way shape or form, my make up is not caked on, this is a picture when I went out... My point once again if you can read, is not about any thing but photoshopping EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME. I look like my picture, except this particular angle that my chests looks ridiculous huge, which in my profile pictures they're not. So let's get over that now. I look like me, my body is not photo shopped , and I don't have ONLY photo shopped pictures. Stay on subject.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    To answer the question over and over, hell no it isn't about me, I don't need attention, I asked a simple question and BAM....way out in left field. What I didn't expect was all the comments about me. And people assuming I'm fake. And yatti yatti, what I did expect was talk about magazines and adds and such. And pereception on what makes is unique and beautiful and why we PhotoShop all the beauty away. But I guess not.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I really can't take this thread seriously.

AGREED!!

Someone needed attention / compliments this morning :yawn:

Agreed! :laugh:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    But your thread is a joke! Your asking why people feel the need to photoshop themselves, why do they want to look fake? You must know that the whole look you are portraying in your profile pic looks fake through and through! Whether it is fake or not is besides the point. You LOOK fake. You cannot call others out for doing it when your whole look is based on looking artificial.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    damn, I want photoshop now!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    How do they photoshop them? How can you tell? Lke they are fat and get skinny or something?
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I photoshop all my pics. I'm really an angry old black lady.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    But your thread is a joke! Your asking why people feel the need to photoshop themselves, why do they want to look fake? You must know that the whole look you are portraying in your profile pic looks fake through and through! Whether it is fake or not is besides the point. You LOOK fake. You cannot call others out for doing it when your whole look is based on looking artificial.

and the truth be told ^^^^^^
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    <
    NOT photoshopped. I just had a damn good photographer who knows exactly how to flatter all types of women. She is known for making all her clients feel gorgeous.

Granted I had my hair and make-up done for the shoot, but what you see is me! There are no nips and tucks.

I agree about it being a confidence issue though. I'm shy about putting up everyday pictures of myself. Plus I'm also waiting so that I can have a more dramatic before and after reveal :wink:
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why this has been said on MFP, I've yet to see a Photoshopped image.. (Not including filters)

I work with Photoshop daily, as I'm a freelance graphic designer and have been using the program for 5 years, so I can tell if an image has been edited. I do agree, some people take it way too far.. But again, I've not seen anyone on here yet who's completely gone ''all out on Photoshop'' :ohwell:
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    All I want to know is...can I motorboat you boobies that look super huge in the angle your pic was taken??

:tongue:
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    To "photoshop" is just the current term, and I hate to break it to you, but YOU ALL "photoshop" your pics (ie: do something to make yourself look better.)
    Do you wear makeup? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you style your hair? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you pick out flattering clothes? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    You get the idea.
    Unless you wake up in the morning, and allow yourself to be photographed unshowered, un made-up, EXACTLY as you wake in the morning, you are, in essence "Photoshopping", ie: trying to affect the outcome of the attractiveness of you in a photo. You're just choosing to not do it in the actual program...

Sorry but no.....the above you list are not photoshopping. Photoshopping is altering a picture. Doing ones hair and make up is taking pride and care into ones appearance. Nothing phoney about that.......
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I think this thread got way out of hand. BUT seriously people no need to attack her. I dont think the OP meant to attack anyone either.

Can't we all just get along! :love:
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I only photoshop my editorial pictures. I'm an amateur photographer and I take self-portraits when I don't have models to work with. It makes my photos look more professional. However, regular photos, I don't photoshop.

Editorial photo:
    2lmpi5z.jpg

Regular photo:
    fyhch0.jpg

Hope I answered your question! :wink: