PHOTOSHOP PICS!.....but why???

Options

Replies

• xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    To "photoshop" is just the current term, and I hate to break it to you, but YOU ALL "photoshop" your pics (ie: do something to make yourself look better.)
    Do you wear makeup? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you style your hair? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you pick out flattering clothes? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    You get the idea.
    Unless you wake up in the morning, and allow yourself to be photographed unshowered, un made-up, EXACTLY as you wake in the morning, you are, in essence "Photoshopping", ie: trying to affect the outcome of the attractiveness of you in a photo. You're just choosing to not do it in the actual program...

I suffer with Trichotillomania, so I wear wigs. Does that make ME fake, because I wear FAKE hair?
    PHOTOshopping, it's in the name. Photoshop is for PHOTOS.
    There's nothing at all wrong with a woman wearing a little make up, some nice clothes she feels comfortable in, that does NOT make her fake at all. I'm sorry but this post is incredibly ridiculous...
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    hmmmm

Photoshop pro's and con's

pro's
    1. can make my body look like I want
    2. don't have to worry about what I eat
    3. can stop jumping on MFP to get my "I'm healthier than that person" fix

con's
    1. fake
    2. fake
    3. fake
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    How do you know a picture is photoshop

What she said

when there is no flaw- everyone is flawed EVERYONE! i brought this up because I have a cousin who will remain namless who sends nothing but photoshopped pictures, and it dosent look like her at all-ever

I don't have any flaws.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I only photoshop my editorial pictures. I'm an amateur photographer and I take self-portraits when I don't have models to work with. It makes my photos look more professional. However, regular photos, I don't photoshop.

Editorial photo:
    2lmpi5z.jpg

Regular photo:
    fyhch0.jpg

Hope I answered your question! :wink:
    You still look like you though. Pretty. My cousin looked weird. She didn't look like herself at all. She made her hips bigger and did something weird with her face especially the eyes. You look great though.
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Original poster: are those things real??

Do you need a back brace?? I will never complain of my size breast ever again...I will just visit your profile to quiet my whining
  • imchicbad
    Options
    To "photoshop" is just the current term, and I hate to break it to you, but YOU ALL "photoshop" your pics (ie: do something to make yourself look better.)
    Do you wear makeup? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you style your hair? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you pick out flattering clothes? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    You get the idea.
    Unless you wake up in the morning, and allow yourself to be photographed unshowered, un made-up, EXACTLY as you wake in the morning, you are, in essence "Photoshopping", ie: trying to affect the outcome of the attractiveness of you in a photo. You're just choosing to not do it in the actual program...
    I suffer with Trichotillomania, so I wear wigs. Does that make ME fake, because I wear FAKE hair?
    PHOTOshopping, it's in the name. Photoshop is for PHOTOS.
    There's nothing at all wrong with a woman wearing a little make up, some nice clothes she feels comfortable in, that does NOT make her fake at all. I'm sorry but this post is incredibly ridiculous...
    No it doesn't. My mother n law wears wigs. But she has cancer. It doesn't apply to severe PhotoShop. That's irrelevant.
  • sleepytexan
    Options

the only "photoshopping" that i do is put a bra on. no makeup, no hair styling, no flattering clothes, i usually just wear baggy sweatpants and a loose tee shirt. the bra is for everyone's safety. i'm a full time college student and work 32 hours a week. i don't have time to look good.

hmmmm. this seems to be a badge of pride for some people. I never get that. (The bra statement is hilarious though. +1)
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    My husband is very good with photoshop and really anything computer related and the only time I will ask him to photshop anything is if we have a Christmas card or something like that and I have a giant pimple on my face haha. I also use some filters on instagram, but not usually. I have no clue why actresses and models do it, most of them are grogeous without all the photoshopping.

Last year was the first year I did not have to ask our photographer to photoshop our family Christmas photo. Hard to get 6 people looking at the camera simultaneously without one of them making rabbit ears or a goofy face (especially when 4 of them are kids). Most years prior he had to shop my 3rd son's head from another photo -- he has a habit of looking away or down just as the shutter clicks.
  • imchicbad
    Options
    Original poster: are those things real??

Do you need a back brace?? I will never complain of my size breast ever again...I will just visit your profile to quiet my whining
    See my profile pics, this picture was funny because I was tipsy, just turned 37, and the angle my cousin shot made us laugh, so I put it up to remind me of how much fun we had, and my birthday is in a couple weeks. Apparently it brings out the green in people. for my friends and family, it makes us laugh....good times.:drinker:
  • imchicbad
    Options
    But your thread is a joke! Your asking why people feel the need to photoshop themselves, why do they want to look fake? You must know that the whole look you are portraying in your profile pic looks fake through and through! Whether it is fake or not is besides the point. You LOOK fake. You cannot call others out for doing it when your whole look is based on looking artificial.

and the truth be told ^^^^^^
    read...read...read....I'm not fake. But thank you for the harsh words, rude comment and accusations, not to mention your twist of words-not mine. I'm not going to stoop to this level. Because I don't know you, or anything about you. But I'm not going to apologize for my looks, and the fact that it upsets you. Like everybody here on mfp, I worked hard on my body to get here, and I'm dam proud of it.
  • dollfacejill
    Options
    I don't photoshop either, I don't know how,so that's the real me and I proud of my self,I have a ways to go on weight lost but that's diffently me,but I hear where your coming from
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    So the G rack that amazingly defies gravity is all you? super boobs!
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    But your thread is a joke! Your asking why people feel the need to photoshop themselves, why do they want to look fake? You must know that the whole look you are portraying in your profile pic looks fake through and through! Whether it is fake or not is besides the point. You LOOK fake. You cannot call others out for doing it when your whole look is based on looking artificial.

and the truth be told ^^^^^^
    read...read...read....I'm not fake. But thank you for the harsh words, rude comment and accusations, not to mention your twist of words-not mine. I'm not going to stoop to this level. Because I don't know you, or anything about you. But I'm not going to apologize for my looks, and the fact that it upsets you. Like everybody here on mfp, I worked hard on my body to get here, and I'm dam proud of it.

Right! Don't listen to those haters. Fake boobs are just as good as the real ones in my book! Especially disproportionately, over-sized stripper boobs!!! :love: :love: :love:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm no photography expert, but there is no way that any one angle from that distance could make someone's boobs as big as their head.

*kitten*, sometimes I wear push-up bras, too.. But I don't lie about it. Because then I'd be fake.

Or wait, I'm fake anyway because I wear makeup. :P
  • bostongeek
    bostongeek Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't decide which issue I want to address: the boobs or the actual question. I guess I'll just sit here blinking. Is there a smiley for that?
  • imchicbad
    Options
    I'm no photography expert, but there is no way that any one angle from that distance could make someone's boobs as big as their head.

*kitten*, sometimes I wear push-up bras, too.. But I don't lie about it. Because then I'd be fake.

:huh: YOU STAND CORRECTED...SAME NIGHT...LIKE I SAID.:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
    2011195.jpg
  • imchicbad
    Options
    mypoint.jpg
    this is what i meant:noway:
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    So, can we conclude then that your profile pic here isn't what you really look like? It's the angle that made you appear different than you really are, right? But you chose this pic anyway- and not one that looks more like you. Why? How is that different than someone else using a pic that makes them look different than they really do, whether it's photoshopped or misleading because of camera angle? That was your issue. No?
  • imchicbad
    Options
    So, can we conclude then that your profile pic here isn't what you really look like? It's the angle that made you appear different than you really are, right? But you chose this pic anyway- and not one that looks more like you. Why? How is that different than someone else using a pic that makes them look different than they really do, whether it's photoshopped or misleading because of camera angle? That was your issue. No?

you missed my earlier post about why i even have this picture up, because it was funny, when i did the topic i was board, had nothing to do with my picture. I was talking about photoshopping your pictures BEYOND RECOGNITION, KIND OF WHAT I READ ABOUT KATE WHINSLET AND HER MAGAZINE COVER....when she talked about they used someone elses legs on her. that kind of photoshop, some how people got it all twisted.

i look like my picture im just not a G rack lol...not even close, but yes i am busty....

ok fine this is the real me....you got me i give up.
    Beyoncepink.jpg
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

:huh: YOU STAND CORRECTED...SAME NIGHT...LIKE I SAID.:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
    2011195.jpg

Ohhh, okay. So you just used Photoshop in your profile picture.

*Thumbs up* Gotcha. ;)