Options

Replies

• mirandaneal19
    mirandaneal19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS, ha poop rage comic FTW!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Before I got pregnant, I would go #2 every single morning after a glass of fruit juice. I'd maybe go again in the afternoon and I never was constipated and rarely had diarrhea. Now I'm pregnant and I'm lucky to go twice a week and I am constipated all the time to the point where I'm in tears. It sucks. And I drink tons of water, eats tons of fruit and veg, and eat tons of fiber. My eating habits have not changed much since before I got pregnant, except I was not eating meat then.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant, I would go #2 every single morning after a glass of fruit juice. I'd maybe go again in the afternoon and I never was constipated and rarely had diarrhea. Now I'm pregnant and I'm lucky to go twice a week and I am constipated all the time to the point where I'm in tears. It sucks. And I drink tons of water, eats tons of fruit and veg, and eat tons of fiber. My eating habits have not changed much since before I got pregnant, except I was not eating meat then.

Idk if you're just telling your own story or looking for input, but there's only so much diet can do for hormonal bowel issues :[
  • summergrl17
    summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Since I started on MFP and started eating less and changed my diet, I'm usually go once a day or every 2 days. I was worrying about this because it used to be 2x a day or more - every morning, at night before bed and sometimes during the day...now I know I'm not abnormal with the change I'm experiencing.
  • smaryamf
    smaryamf Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    haha
  • chickenshit4
    chickenshit4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How much is high fibre? Over 25? 35?
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm rather envious of those of you who poo every day. I'm a once a week girl, always have been. That, for me, seems to be normal.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I'm rather envious of those of you who poo every day. I'm a once a week girl, always have been. That, for me, seems to be normal.

OMG..once a week! I would have a panic attack ...you should look into getting that back on track, once a week is way too far apart
  • yoyogirl68
    Options
    If you have started eating more fibre, you will also need to drink more water. Fill a bottle and keep it with you and drink all day, it's amazing how quickly you will need to re-fill it.
    And walking can help too. Good luck.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Ha! Me too, didn't know there was anyone else out there the same! Have been like that as long as I can remember, through fat and thin times. I have All Bran / fruit just about every day and drink 2.5 litres of water a day plus several cups of black coffee... normal for me!
  • ninabaz
    ninabaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    it is normal to not go everyday. if you go more than three days without having one try milk of magnesium. you want to watch out in order not to get a bowel obstruction if you are not going at least once every three days. if you dont have a bowel movement after 5 days contact your doctor.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have been once a week for some 20+ years, I am fine, and my diet is fine.

I cant carry a water bottle and drink a lot in the day - I work in a medical pathology lab, no food and drink allowed in there. I drink on my breaks.

Im not contacting any doctors! I dont need to. And if I need one, I have about 30 at work in my dept I can talk to. lol

And I walk plenty too - 12 hours a day in a hospital will make sure of that haha but if it doesnt, then my toddler will see to that one

:) my lower GI is fine, and it is how it is for me and always had been.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I'm highly disappointed if I don't go everyday. I love pooping :) Ever since I started eating well they've become epic and almost orgasmic. Makes me feel like a rockstar, seriously. I can't explain it any better.... Love me some pooping lulz
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I go 1-3 times a day, get 25-35 grams of fiber and usually drink about ten glasses of water plus coffee in the morning and green tea with lunch and dinner. However if I ever do get backed up, what has worked without fail, every time, is eating one whole red or pink grapefruit. Works almost immediately
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Yep! Usually once in the morning and a little bit at night. I can't workout without going #2 first. Well, I guess I CAN, I just don't like to. Even eating healthy I had trouble with going, so I take a probiotic and started making my own yogurt instead of buying it and it's helped a ton. I also have to make sure I get all my fiber!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    OP posted this thread in September of 2012. I would hope she has her sh1t together by now.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    ...if you are not going at least once every three days. if you dont have a bowel movement after 5 days contact your doctor.

5 days is not good but it certainly isn't an emergency. If two or three weeks went by, then yeah, I'd call the doctor. I've been going once a week for a long time. It's annoying and sometimes uncomfortable, but normal for me too.
  • squishy84
    Options
    Another thing that helps me is a strong cup of hot coffee. If I have this with a bran muffin made with splenda it's like gastrointenstinal nuclear armageddon.

Oh! This killed me LOL!!!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Less garbage in, less garbage out!

lol I'm pretty sure this is the conclusion I'm reaching as well. But yeah, OP, things have changed for me, too. : )
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Twice a day the world falls out of my *kitten*.